Recent Topics

Ads

[Magus] What would make magus be beter in WB play

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Pahakukka

Re: [Magus] What would make magus be beter in WB play

Post#21 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:56 pm

Oh to Be able to pop a turret/daemon in thunder mountains! Without wasting redeploy or hopping from rock to another.
Tinbitz rr8x BO
Daewuur rr8x Magus
Deawuur rr8x engineer
+ lots of rr50-60 toons, including 1 healer!

-"renown pinata for small groups"

Ads
HammerGuy

Post#22 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:47 pm

Keldo wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:08 am Hi there.
As the title of the post indicates i want to find out what would make magus more desirable in WB play?
Buffs from the pet that affect the entire group, and double the range that the pet applies buffs from 25 ft to 50 ft. Imagine a pet buff that gives +10% defenses, +10% damage, +10% crit chance, etc. to the group. What warband would turn down an extra 10% damage provided by a class that requires minimal heals and no guard?

Sinisterror

Post#23 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:36 pm

HammerGuy wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:47 pm
As the title of the post indicates i want to find out what would make magus more desirable in WB play?
Buffs from the pet that affect the entire group, and double the range that the pet applies buffs from 25 ft to 50 ft. Imagine a pet buff that gives +10% defenses, +10% damage, +10% crit chance, etc. to the group. What warband would turn down an extra 10% damage provided by a class that requires minimal heals and no guard?
If Magus/Engi didnt have to use tactic to insta summon pets and 50ft range on pet buffs would be great. Interesting Idea that pets would provide Bonuses to allies. But i would limit it to only Applied to your Party not whole WB. I always felt like Engi/Magus would be perfect to operate 2 pets, other one would be like they now are and other wouldnt do dmg, but provide wide range of buffs depending on which secondary pet you'd be using.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Avernus

Post#24 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:14 am

Sinisterror wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:36 pm 1. If Magus/Engi didnt have to use tactic to insta summon pets
2. 50ft range on pet buffs would be great.
3. Interesting Idea that pets would provide Bonuses to allies. But i would limit it to only Applied to your Party not whole WB.
4. I always felt like Engi/Magus would be perfect to operate 2 pets, other one would be like they now are and other wouldnt do dmg, but provide wide range of buffs depending on which secondary pet you'd be using.
1. Yes, its weakness, but it allows at least some counterplay,
2. It would be completely and utterly BROKEN af. Just imagine a group of this jerks defending the keep. They are gonna delete people and you can't even do ANYTHING, you can't run before its too late and you can't even use a detaunt.
3. Maybe. But not the +10% damage that's for sure.
4. Sounds interesting.

Nameless

Post#25 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:55 pm

At the end of live devs was planing engi/magus rework where they was planning to give pets some group support. It is interesting if these plans are still lurking somewhere into the net.
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

normanis

Post#26 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:15 pm

magus was fine as rifter byt gtdc outshine it. previous ppl whanted rift magus byt than gtdc buff hapened.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Szeff

Post#27 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:52 pm

Now, when you Rift with a Magus all you see is "immune" everywhere because GtdC is spammed non-stop. Rift is useless unless no Choppas are around.

Baaldr

Post#28 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:11 pm

For WB play magus needs dmg on warpfire to go up and engi need more dmg on static discharge and slightly more on lighting rod.

For smallscale I think magus is pretty fine dmg wise just needs some sort of utility maybe a HD or a slow.
Engi on the other hand also needs abit more dmg on the rifleman specc I would lower the cd on armorpiercing rounds by half and also give them a ranged slow or a HD.

Ads
HammerGuy

Post#29 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:54 am

Sinisterror wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:36 pm
HammerGuy wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:47 pm
If Magus/Engi didnt have to use tactic to insta summon pets and 50ft range on pet buffs would be great. Interesting Idea that pets would provide Bonuses to allies. But i would limit it to only Applied to your Party not whole WB. I always felt like Engi/Magus would be perfect to operate 2 pets, other one would be like they now are and other wouldnt do dmg, but provide wide range of buffs depending on which secondary pet you'd be using.
That's exactly what I mean. Obviously it shouldn't be WB wide, that would be too powerful. It should only be for the group they are in. It could even function similar to a chosen/kotbs aura (buff allies, debuff enemy).

tazdingo

Post#30 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:15 am

more sources of +range, even if its real tough to get, like onslaught gloves. did the event pies get kept as linis? i haven't caught up on updates. when you start pushing range/radius to max with pet magus' unique tools actually start feeling very powerful to me