Recent Topics

Ads

([Marauder] Advice!)

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
WarLordGoon

([Marauder] Advice!)

Post#1 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:22 am

Can someone link me the best damage build for mara?
Which path should i level?
thx!

Ads
Cyrylius

Re: ([Marauder] Advice!)

Post#2 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:31 am

RoR.builders - Marauder
for ST spec, not the most damaging but close, while also retaining vital utility. If lacking points drop left tree skills, crit tactic is your main source of damage.

RoR.builders - Marauder
Technically if you dont need to bring any utility (for instance, you run two marauders and the other uses build #1) you can run this, then you swap HD tactic for Deeply Impaled or Flanking. You have less sustain damage but your burst on finisher is probably higher.

RoR.builders - Marauder
For AoE this is what you want to run, pretty much no other builds around.

For all builds three tactics (Growing Instability, Feeding on Fear, Piercing Bite) are mandatory, last one is up to preferences (SS/Jagged edge/Flanking/whatever). You rely heavily on crit and 25% damage buff from brutalirt stance.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

ibfury

Post#3 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:50 am

The best is use 5 tactics =}

BeneTleilax

Post#4 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:33 pm

ibfury wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:50 am The best is use 5 tactics =}
On marau ?

How ?

Cyrylius

Post#5 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:31 pm

As much as i appreciate the meme, i legit dont use 5 tactics bug in any build and i wouldnt use it even if it wasnt a bug. To get any of the 2 tactics you can bug in this way (and arent alreay taking anyway) you need to spend a mastery point in monstrocity tree (it should be noted here, that as ST marauder swaps stances between sav utility and brut finisher, making use of any bugged tactic is unrealistic) which lowers your damage on monstro skills (cause you cant put that point into additional onstro tree points which upgrade all your AoE damage) and forces you to stay in monstro stance. It might be fun at first, but after playing mara for some times youll realize swapping to butality to finish some low HP targets is really handy, and neither extra toughness and ini nor weak morale drain is worth losing it. on top of obvios fact that none of those tactics let you do more damage. If someone can confirm that piercing bite gets bugged too then you could maybe justify bugging it out and slotting additional tactics, which would indeed make your damage better, but im fairly sure PB is working properly.
Edit: tests seem to confirm that PB is not related to stances and tactics bug doesnt apply to it. That said, i can imagine crushing blows tactic being utilized in 24v24 fights, so it could be potentially used like this. Obviously, 24v24 is a very specific case and often friendly, so i doubt that would be an issue.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

Automation

Post#6 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:53 pm

Go monstro build like every other mara nowadays and quee scs.
You wont have anny impact but you will annoy youre grp members for sure.

On a serious note, build 1 and 2 from Cyrylius is what you want to run unless you go play in a WB.
Open with sav, applie youre debuff, swap brut for impale spam and finisher.
Impale is youre bread and butter, believe it or not.
When under pressure, swap to monstro, proc it, detaunt.

Sofong

Post#7 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:28 pm

5th tactic is garbage unless u dont swap stance at all. but even with that mara still not worth investing time and efforts.

ibfury

Post#8 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:48 pm

BeneTleilax wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:33 pm
ibfury wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:50 am The best is use 5 tactics =}
On marau ?

How ?
Very easy, but I shouldn't reveal it, just those who already use it.

Ads
Belanoite
Suspended

Post#9 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:39 pm

I'd say Savagery is the best. But depend how you're going to play your Mara. In wbs, aoe is more important. In groups, Savagery is very nice too to break the enemy healers and tanks.

wildwindblows

Post#10 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:33 am

Sofong wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:28 pm 5th tactic is garbage unless u dont swap stance at all. but even with that mara still not worth investing time and efforts.
İndeed. İf you want to play Real DSP class play anyother class.