Recent Topics

Ads

[DoK] DPS Spec Advice

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Charon

Re: [DoK] DPS Spec Advice

Post#21 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:53 pm

Excuse me for "offtop", but....
When i reed about all this good staff which melee DoK is able to bring to the field ... i feel pity for all order WP's that are trying 2h spec (including myself)
Karak Azgal - Haron WP
Karak Norn - Haeroon KoTBS
RoR:
- Chaeron - SM
- Nogrun - magnet eng
- Cheron - i want sorc Black Horror skill for my BW ;)

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#22 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:56 pm

WP got those bigd!ck 1.5k execution crits, though :) in conjunction with a lucky aa crit, it can do 2.6k in a timestamp (or more).

freshour
Banned

Post#23 » Sat May 27, 2017 4:33 pm

So I have been experimenting with bloodthirst on the DoK instead of using Khaine's (50% AA increase). And believe it or not it is actually yielding more damage for me than boosting AA's since the covenant massacre that made literally all AA haste worthless on a DoK.

But my salt is slowly settling and I'm working on ways to try and figure out how to play a class completely designed around AA's and procs when the procs were removed. But basically I've come to this.

Remove all and I mean ALL AA haste. In an SC, even with like 900-1k str and an armor debuff you'll crit like 500-600 max with an AA and that is RARE. With 600 str, you'll hit like 3-400 so.... it doesn't matter. Run Bloodthirst - you get on avg. 200-250 for a cov proc which is still more than 2 normal AA's lol. And you can use Merc shoulders for 3% reduction in crit, and I swapped to torment and strife for 4% parry and 2% parry strike through.

I have been beating myself up mentally about how to squeak more damage out of the class but maxing STR seems almost pointless. The damage difference between abilities since we deal almost all phys damage is so minor, that the times we'd actually hit someone hard, you'll hit them just as hard with 300 less STR so you can put those talis/jewelry/gear into defensive stats.

So my latest tactics I've enjoyed running are Divine Fury, Murderous Intent, Heal Debuff, Bloodthirst. It almost seems counter intuitive to use a tactic for a covenant when the ICD was an overall 30% damage nerf to the DoK alone, but the nerf was so bad on the AA attacks that taking advantage of just 1 per GCD is yielding overall more damage. I hope that makes sense, but if anyone else has anything working, please share!!!

zaauk

Post#24 » Sun May 28, 2017 7:10 am

I always wanted to come back to warhammer and try the melee DoK.
Its a bad idea then? =(
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: Zauk BO // Zauuk Choppa // Zaauuk SHM // Zniggle SH :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

th3gatekeeper

Post#25 » Sun May 28, 2017 2:55 pm

Use armor talis. Hands down best return you can get. Will cut all phys damage you take my like 2/3rds... seriously... which allows you to forget parry and grab RD and CD with renown.

Stacking str doesn't add a ton to your damage frankly. You can sit around 600 str easily with armor talis.
Sulfuras - Knight
Viskag - Chosen
Ashkandi - Swordmaster
Syzzle - Bright Wizard
Curz - Marauder
Andrithil - Blackguard

peterthepan3

Post#26 » Sun May 28, 2017 3:08 pm

Use armor talis? Lol.

You want str/melee crit to get most bang out of your buck for your execution imo.

freshour
Banned

Post#27 » Sun May 28, 2017 3:13 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:Use armor talis? Lol.

You want str/melee crit to get most bang out of your buck for your execution imo.
While I agree with you for WP for sure since you are capable of 50-75% more damage per ability/AA than a DoK. With the CoV nerf and our damage being CoC-centric - going more defensive is actually yielding better overall Damage vs Sustain.

What I mean is that going full glass cannon is really not much more dps percentage wise than it is to use armor talis and torment/strife + one of the armor set jewelry for raising corp resist.

If the 1 second ICD was removed then that would not be the case as going more str/crit + faster AA yield far superior numbers than just going defensive spec'd melee for a sustain DD.

Bozzax

Post#28 » Sun May 28, 2017 5:59 pm

My pro tip is listen to the guy that play the class (so no armor tallies)

CW2, RD and QE1 are all good as well
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Ads
freshour
Banned

Post#29 » Sun May 28, 2017 6:11 pm

Bozzax wrote:My pro tip is listen to the guy that play the class (so no armor tallies)

CW2, RD and QE1 are all good as well
I mean rather than bypassing all my logic/what I said. You could respond to it with a valid counter argument? I've tested the 950+ str, 400+ ws (minimum) and going into crit as per "the old meta" - but doesn't work for DoK as it does for WP. The CoV/CoC icd for the DoK hit WAY harder than the ICD for the WP prayer did primarily because our damage is significantly more white numbers (which used to proc more CoV/CoC than theirs).

So again, counter with logic/reason, thank you have a nice day :)

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#30 » Sun May 28, 2017 6:12 pm

Amor talis on a dps dok? Wtf? Noooo . Reselute defense is a must have
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy