Recent Topics

Ads

About Survival BG Vs IB

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Tesq

Re: About Survival BG Vs IB

Post#11 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:20 pm

SmackdownNinja wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:05 pm Volgograd hit the nail on the head, so it is hard to add anything else really. Avoidance changes hit the BG hard, but it was still in an ok position regarding defense. However, the toughness cap nerf really hurt BG due to one of its best Defensive tactics becoming useless. BGs relied on stacking toughness, due to no being able to stack resistances, armor, and straight dmg reductions as easily as the other tanks can. This has left BG in a somewhat awkward state.

They were never particularly wanted in RVR due to their selfish nature, but could sometimes find a WB spot due to crimson death. After the removal RH and toughness cap its even more of a liability to run a BG in a wb due to other tanks being tankier AND bringing more utility then the BG. Also the new sets coming out for dps that will make it even more painful for the BG stay up defensive wise with the other tanks.
can any explain me how the toughness cap influence bg unless you overcap? stay with 1000-1050 should be no different from before right? and wasn't a dmg reduction on toughness cap rather than a raw tough cap? i didn't really followed that patch

Ads
Rydiak

Post#12 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:58 pm

Toughness is effectively capped at 75% damage reduction on the ability attacking you. I've mathed it out in my damage calculator (see signature), but basically you can't get incoming damage down to 1 anymore. You can only reduce damage down to 25% of what it would have done (including offensive stat modifiers such as Strength or Intelligence).
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

tazdingo

Post#13 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:12 pm

oh my god that's not how it was originally explained at all? or am i just dumb?

Tesq

Post#14 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:14 pm

Rydiak wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:58 pm Toughness is effectively capped at 75% damage reduction on the ability attacking you. I've mathed it out in my damage calculator (see signature), but basically you can't get incoming damage down to 1 anymore. You can only reduce damage down to 25% of what it would have done (including offensive stat modifiers such as Strength or Intelligence).
yes and whats the probl 1050 str can still be negated by 1050 toguhness, so?

this mean that you should have absurd value such idk 1400 toughness....where is the prob....the only change is the base skills value reduction which can go to max of 75% i dont see a prob with that.

Rydiak

Post#15 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:18 pm

Correct, Tesq. In the vast majority of situations Toughness is still a super good stat against big hitters.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

tazdingo

Post#16 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:22 pm

what was the root of bg losing it's super turtle spec then?

Rydiak

Post#17 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:26 pm

tazdingo wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:22 pm what was the root of bg losing it's super turtle spec then?
The change really only affected BGs that stacked absurd amounts of Toughness, where virtually all hits would end up being 1. For 99.99% of the rest of combat interactions the change didn't do much.

tazdingo

Post#18 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:30 pm

Rydiak wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:26 pm
tazdingo wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:22 pm what was the root of bg losing it's super turtle spec then?
The change really only affected BGs that stacked absurd amounts of Toughness, where virtually all hits would end up being 1. For 99.99% of the rest of combat interactions the change didn't do much.
oh ok i read things wrong
can anyone clarify the "avoidance changes" mentioned before? does this simply mean renown strikethrough/dot changes?
i thought it was balanced out by increased stat contribution to avoidance

Ads
Rydiak

Post#19 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:41 pm

TLDR the avoidance formula changed (was simplified) and it is effectively harder to make yourself unhittable.

Swiftly

Post#20 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:12 pm

So BG's are not wanted in WarBands. I just read this thread and also based on some convo that was happening in game the last couple of days it seems BG's are considered a liability in Warbands and in general. Ugh...every class I am interested in has some issue....