Recent Topics

Ads

[Sorc] AoE Builds Discussion

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Seravajan

Re: [Sorc] AoE Builds Discussion

Post#21 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:18 pm

What can a BW better than a sorc and why?

Ads
Naelar

Post#22 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:24 pm

Cleanse dots.

sgtnanners

Post#23 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:15 pm

Also has better aoe and 3sec knockdown. Sorc has better st though.
84 Sorc
82 Squig Herder
7x Shaman
7x Ironbreaker

Caduceus

Post#24 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:04 pm

Hey all,

Having recently experimented with some AoE builds, I'd like to share another one with you. Versatile RvR AoE Build (requires +2 Alt Sov Bonus)

Utilizing the +2 points in the Path of Destruction that Alt Sov gives, this build seeks to combine short and long range spells and tactics into a versatile setup for RvR.

- Combining Gloom of Night and Chilling Gusts gives the ability to seriously backload AoE damage for big RvR clashes or funnel fights.
- Disastrous Cascade can be used in offensive situations for close-range burst.
- Neverending Agony makes the Sorc more effective on the move and at close range with shorter IW cooldown, while also making Pit of Shades castable on cooldown.
- Paralyzing Nightmares as cherry ontop, to be used to seal the fate of many Order in offensive situations.

The 7-piece Alt Sov bonus synergizes greatly with this build. The combination of Gloom of Night and IW will mean you're constantly spreading slows in an AoE. Combining it with Pit of Shades and Triumphant Blasting during keep defenses can also be particularly nasty.

In short, this build provides high damage potential at both short and long range. When combined with Paralyzing Nightmares, Triumphant Blasting (during defense sieges) and the 7-piece Alt Sov bonus it also turns into somewhat of a debilitating monster, capable of controlling large groups of enemies.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

teiloh

Post#25 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:07 pm

sgtnanners wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:15 pm Also has better aoe and 3sec knockdown. Sorc has better st though.
BW will never have better AOE as long as Order has no ranged elemental debuff or elemental debuff greater than 230ish. It's mathematically impossible.

Panodil

Post#26 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:13 pm

Remember that impending doom builds 40 dark magic. Its huge when close quarter bombing
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

Panodil

Post#27 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:14 pm

teiloh wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:07 pm
sgtnanners wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:15 pm Also has better aoe and 3sec knockdown. Sorc has better st though.
BW will never have better AOE as long as Order has no ranged elemental debuff or elemental debuff greater than 230ish. It's mathematically impossible.
Insane that they still have better aoe bomb without debuffs.
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

teiloh

Post#28 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:05 am

Panodil wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:14 pm
teiloh wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:07 pm
Insane that they still have better aoe bomb without debuffs.
Through which abilities would you say?

Ads
Bozzax

Post#29 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:03 pm

Panodil wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:13 pm Remember that impending doom builds 40 dark magic. Its huge when close quarter bombing
This ... there is nothing in mid tree worth more

(Cold > full AOE pressure after ress or when you engage. Also pivotal for sustain Reckless Gathering + ID AP combo)
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Caduceus

Post#30 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:56 pm

I would prefer GoN/Chilling Gusts over ID any day. I rarely have any trouble keeping Dark Magic or energy up while running in warbands.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz