[Black Guard] Beginner 2h build - Scenario/6 men build

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Heathcliff

Re: [Black Guard] Beginner 2h build - Scenario/6 men build

Post#31 » Fri May 15, 2020 5:11 pm

So, as a newbie in the game and overall fresh lvl 40 BG when it comes to gear what should I aim for right now (fresh 40 2H ) and later on.

I know that this mostly depends but overall I enjoy both rvr and sc, but it's hard for me to actually find out what I need to aim after at this point any tips and suggestions are really welcome!

I found out that for accessories I should aim for warriors and weapon Anathema, but when it comes to actual armor pieces I am a bit lost.

Ads
ashton007

Post#32 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:09 pm

Heathcliff wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 5:11 pm So, as a newbie in the game and overall fresh lvl 40 BG when it comes to gear what should I aim for right now (fresh 40 2H ) and later on.

I know that this mostly depends but overall I enjoy both rvr and sc, but it's hard for me to actually find out what I need to aim after at this point any tips and suggestions are really welcome!

I found out that for accessories I should aim for warriors and weapon Anathema, but when it comes to actual armor pieces I am a bit lost.
I would aim for something like 5 offensive sov/3 warlord... or visa versa 5 WL 3 sov. before that the goal is bloodlord for BG.

Mordikay211

Post#33 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:04 am

I see your list of main skills. I'm just wondering since the list of skills to weave into the rotation as a BG do you completely skip out on skill like Brutal smash, Shield of rage, Feeding on weakness and Horrific wound?

So far I've been weaving them in for the stat buff.

XsorrowerX

Post#34 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:07 am

Mordikay211 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:04 am I see your list of main skills. I'm just wondering since the list of skills to weave into the rotation as a BG do you completely skip out on skill like Brutal smash, Shield of rage, Feeding on weakness and Horrific wound?

All skills on BG are situational and weighted by priority in the moment of action. It's nice to keep all buffs rolling, but some things you will inevitably use more often than other and some things as the situation calls for.

His list of skills is basically just key skills of the spec.

priestxes

Post#35 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:29 pm

Mordikay211 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:04 am I see your list of main skills. I'm just wondering since the list of skills to weave into the rotation as a BG do you completely skip out on skill like Brutal smash, Shield of rage, Feeding on weakness and Horrific wound?

I can't speak for OP, but using nerf buttons, I set one rotation for buffing myself, one rotation for debuffing target. If I'm being focused I roll through my buff, if I'm just assisting I roll through my debuffs.

Rieku

Post#36 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:42 pm

Hi ! I bump this thread as I would like to know if there is any similar guide for a BG full tank build. I just started playing and I am a bit lost with my rotation / main skills to use, although I've seen I follow some of Eilhadner's suggestions :)

Cheers,

Eilhander

Post#37 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:27 pm

Here you have my tanky guide: viewtopic.php?f=73&t=36467&p=398133#p398133

I posted a link to every other guide on each of my guides to make easier for newcomers to find all of them.
Talossar - Blackguard 84
Seyren - Swordmaster 69
Pain and Pleasure

Eilhander

Post#38 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:29 pm

As someone said my list of skills are key skills I didn't describe any rotation cuz BG rotation will depends of which enemy are you facing and what do you want/need to buff/debuff.
Talossar - Blackguard 84
Seyren - Swordmaster 69
Pain and Pleasure

Ads
biqbox

Post#39 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:02 am

Nice guide! Thanks!

Were will BG's shine? Where are we strongest?

Smallman oRvR/SC?

chookette

Post#40 » Thu May 13, 2021 2:58 pm

I am new and I cannot fully understand the advantages of the 2h spe over snb and vice versa.