Recent Topics

Ads

[Sorc] sorc builds

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
lefze
Suspended

Re: [Sorc] sorc builds

Post#81 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:44 pm

zarh wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:14 pm
lefze wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:01 pm
zarh wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:55 am

Arctic Blast ... 2s casting time ( this 2s can cost your life in SC ... ) you should do more SC i think .. i said be for to say anything just try it .. and why not enter the Vision of torment .. nut there if you know classe spells in this this game you should to know the Vision of torment can be cure by WP .. so spending Action point to be clear ..i prefer do direct damage that even be cleared ... but as you want ..
Who cares, you burstiest rotation includes both, and more times than not you get in Arctic Blast. Your rotation is basically always the same, the only flex is if you have time for Arctic, if you have time for Vision and if WoP is on CD or not. Not taking into account FM rotation there, but it follows roughly the same logic.
Who cares ... i cares about AP i care about Arctic blast and Doombolt give a total of 5s you can't move so easy to get focused ..
If you have time for Vision and Word of pain is on CD ( 10s for the tick and 10s CD ) please read the spell, and i tell you Vision will be clear by Cleasing Power WP tactic .. so no point and no time you should to do faster dps you have only 9s or it done for burst dmg

More you click many spells for your rotating more that get your PA and time for burst and more time for you target get healed and cure .... the way it do higher dmg in short time less than 12s and not 19s on total like you ask ..
AP is no issue, zealot makes sure of that. And you don't use doombolt in a normal rotation. Word of Pain ticks after 5 seconds, not 10 seconds, as you take the tactic in every ST build.

And what are you talking talking about 12 or 19 second rotations for? The goal is to land WoP, VoT, Arctic Blast, Gloomburst, ID and then a single tick of Hand of Ruin in roughly a single timestamp. So thats a 6 second full rotation, with the brunt of the burst landing in a single second, some of it overflows into the next timestamp if your target isn't dead from WoP-AB-gloom-ID.
Rip Phalanx

Ads
zarh

Post#82 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:11 pm

Last edited by zarh on Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

peterthepan3

Post#83 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:23 pm

WoP does damage after 5 seconds with tactic, not 10.

lefze
Suspended

Post#84 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:40 pm

zarh wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:11 pm
lefze wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:44 pm
zarh wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:14 pm

Who cares ... i cares about AP i care about Arctic blast and Doombolt give a total of 5s you can't move so easy to get focused ..
If you have time for Vision and Word of pain is on CD ( 10s for the tick and 10s CD ) please read the spell, and i tell you Vision will be clear by Cleasing Power WP tactic .. so no point and no time you should to do faster dps you have only 9s or it done for burst dmg

More you click many spells for your rotating more that get your PA and time for burst and more time for you target get healed and cure .... the way it do higher dmg in short time less than 12s and not 19s on total like you ask ..
AP is no issue, zealot makes sure of that ( i havent friend Zealot for every SC) . And you don't use doombolt in a normal rotation (i will not skip the 2k5 dmg) . Word of Pain ticks after 5 seconds, not 10 seconds ( Its 10s and debuff 5s again read the tatic) , as you take the tactic in every ST build.

And what are you talking talking about 12 or 19 second rotations for? The goal is to land WoP, VoT, Arctic Blast, Gloomburst, ID and then a single tick of Hand of Ruin in roughly a single timestamp. So thats a 6 second full rotation, with the brunt of the burst landing in a single second, some of it overflows into the next timestamp if your target isn't dead from WoP-AB-gloom-ID.
If you read the post, i did a build with it but as you want for read post correctly and again its last spot i did to talk with someone prefer to play Order than destroy... i should post all bad thing you posted few months ago about Destro or ??
:D :D :D :D It's just hilarious that you think WoP ticks after 10 seconds and claim it's everyone else that can't read. Not having a zeally is your own fault, and sorc being almost exclusively played around a dot rotation with one or two cast time abilities means you will rarely have AP issues even solo. And while doombolt can hit pretty hard, it delays your rotation too much, and also has too big of a cast time for most situations. What's more is that it deals Corp damage instead of Spirit, which is significant.
Rip Phalanx

Zxul

Post#85 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:10 pm

Wee memories from my sorc from so long ago.

This is the base of any classic sorc spike build:

http://www.ror.builders/career/sorcere ... ,5418,5420

Here is how the rotation goes:

1. Chillwind.
2. WoP (after gcd ends- 4 sec till it hits).
3. VoT (after gcd ends- 4 sec till it hits, 3 sec till WoP hits).
4. Arctic Blast (gcd included in 2 sec cast time, however it has a flight time- so after finishing casting, 1 sec till hit).
5. Gloomburst (1 sec cast time- so it actually goes off in next stage, just as gcd ends).
6. Impending Doom ( so here the burst starts landing- Impending Doom hits, Gloomburst went off split a second ago, Arctic Blast arrives at the target, WoP goes off, all timed to go in pretty much the same moment).
7. HoR (assuming the target is still alive- 1 gcd after first burst stage- VoT and first HoR tick hit here, finishing it off).

Also sorc doesn't actually needs zealot- that is what Reckless Gathering is for. Unless they changed mechanics compared to live, spike sorc isn't actually supposed to stay in high DM- you should start at low DM, and build it during the spike- to take a low backlash dmg while building it, while having full DM when the spike actually goes off.

Lets looks at the stages again:

1. 5 DM gained.
2. 5 DM gained.
3. 10 DM gained.
4. 10 DM gained.
5. 25 DM gained- Gloomburst lands, at total 55 DM gained.
6. 40 DM gained- except for Gloomburst, rest of the spike hits here, at total 95 DM gained.

So even starting at 0 DM, sorc ends up at 95 DM during main burst stage. As such, no reason not to use Reckless Gathering every time its off CD- 40 DM cost means taking less backlash dmg during spike build up, while still being at full DM when it actually goes off.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

nolofinwe1991

Post#86 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:42 am

If you are new in Sorc and u wanna learn, dont u ever read the posts of zarh above...

If you want to be a gosu Sorc the steps of ur rotation are like this:

1. Vision of Torment (This is more like a trap curse, we want this curse to be dispelled instead of the next 2 that will ruin our burst if they get dispelled)
2. Chill Wind
3. Word Of Pain (our main damage source. U try to blow everything the time WoP blows so healers cant outheal ur burst)
4. Arctic blast? (use it to maximize damage. If u have a good gear and u hit a squicy target u can ignore step4 especially if s1 else is atking the same target with u)
5. Gloomburst
6. Hand Of Ruin (1 tick)
7. Impending Doom (i use it instantly after HoR after my global cd) (Remember it builds 40 DM, sometimes i may use it to build DM under pressure when i cant stack ice spikes)

Following those steps u will see ur enemies very often go from 85% HP to DEATH in 1sec. U need to train ur timing alot. When u WoP u need to have WoP, Arctic Blast, Gloomburst & HoR explode at the same time! Means 5 sec to setup ur burst

If ur target doesnt die (the most of the times dies horribly) after all... you switch to another and start all over again

And ofc all these with FULL Dark Magic else ur damage is 0
~ Hythonia Sorc rr83 ~
~ Nolofinwe SM rr80 ~