Recent Topics

Ads

[WITCH ELF] amelioration

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Bretin

Re: [WITCH ELF] amelioration

Post#221 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:38 am

roadkillrobin wrote:Yes I played WE when stealth attacks used to scale with weapon dps and str, I played WE when peirce armor used to be a armor debuff and I played WE when kisses used to be an attack. And I played WE after all that was changed aswell. And the moment i stoped thinking about the class as a one trick pony stealth attacker and started to treat it as a melee dps instead i doubled my dps outout and kills. They don't need stealth on 10 sec cd. And they don't need it on instant cast to be effective and they don't need to use it on cd either.
but they need the Witchbrew nerf to be reverted whether as a balance change or due to the lack of proof considering annaise's analyze and what others and i've posted about it in the past.

Ads
Annaise16

Post#222 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:51 am

roadkillrobin wrote:
Annaise16 wrote:[quote="roadkillrobin. A good WE don't need to restealth very often. .

Wtf? Did you ever play a WE?
Yes I played WE when stealth attacks used to scale with weapon dps and str, I played WE when peirce armor used to be a armor debuff and I played WE when kisses used to be an attack. And I played WE after all that was changed aswell. And the moment i stoped thinking about the class as a one trick pony stealth attacker and started to treat it as a melee dps instead i doubled my dps outout and kills. They don't need stealth on 10 sec cd. And they don't need it on instant cast to be effective and they don't need to use it on cd either.[/quote]

Lol. I never said anything about instant cast or a 10-second cd. You can take those arguments up with whoever suggested them.

If you are puggin and you try to move forward without stealth, you are going to be snared, and then you are going to be knocked down, and then you are going to be killed.

WE/WH are not like any other mdps. Stealth does allow them to move forward without being snared, knocked down, punted, or focused. Any "good" WE would realise this and use it as often as possible.

roadkillrobin

Post#223 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:59 am

Well thats what the topic about this thread is about

Toldavf

Post#224 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:05 am

https://youtu.be/EUSOj09ALAE At some point it had something that stopped it getting totally unloaded in 2 gcd.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Annaise16

Post#225 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:39 am

Toldavf wrote:https://youtu.be/EUSOj09ALAE At some point it had something that stopped it getting totally unloaded in 2 gcd.
That vid is useless. It doesn't display the combat log.

Toldavf

Post#226 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:42 am

It displays a lack of parries over the duration of the WB confirming that at least in that version of it there was some form of restriction on its delivery.

Annaise16

Post#227 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:54 am

Toldavf wrote:It displays a lack of parries over the duration of the WB confirming that at least in that version of it there was some form of restriction on its delivery.

It doesn't show what, if anything, is hitting.

Btw, the WE is running Riposte. So a lot of those small damage amounts are proc damage. None of them will trigger WB.

Toldavf

Post#228 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:17 am

It shows when attacks are parried clearly enough, it also shows how many and which ones abilities are being used and it shows that witch brew isn't all applied in a very small time 2-3 seconds this implies that there is some form of "drip feed" involved here.

Ads
Annaise16

Post#229 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:28 am

Toldavf wrote:It shows when attacks are parried clearly enough, it also shows how many and which ones abilities are being used and it shows that witch brew isn't all applied in a very small time 2-3 seconds this implies that there is some form of "drip feed" involved here.

I never claimed that WB could be unloaded in 2-3 seconds. You are making up a straw-man argument.

3-4 seconds was possible, but only if it was applied before stealthing, and the hits are occurring directly out of stealth. That situation does not occur in any of these fights.

Which fight shows abilities clearly being used AND HITTING? Identify the abilities, their damage, and the time on the vid that they are hitting if it so clear.

dirnsterer

Post#230 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:06 pm

Bretin wrote: rerolled already but still hoping to get this nerf reverted once T4 and balance forums are up...

ps: i will be way more specific there. right now it is just pure salt :^)
Hey now, Witch Elf has been always sort of an second class citizen when compared to Choppa and Marauder, and that is how it should be. Also it is quite weird that the light armored mdps gets bursty abilities taken away from them. But welcome to life of Witch Elf, at least it is not as shafted as it was in the beginning of the game. (Stealth breaking in middle of nowhere for no reason for example and the WB being something totally garbage that I do not even remember what it was before the change). Perhaps agonizing wounds spam will save the class, but stabbing things into the back to ignore armor is just pure luck. Rerolling is the best way to go about it in the long run.

And when the balance forums come around it is better to look into the underpowered Order classes that might not shine as good as they do in T3 first! Remember priorities :^)