Recent Topics

Ads

Disciple of khaine critical direct heals?

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
bloodi
Suspended

Re: Disciple of khaine critical direct heals?

Post#21 » Thu May 19, 2016 5:55 pm

To be honest what did you expect to read in their webpage? Something like this:

"The Path of Salvation focuses on divine magic, primarily healing abilities. A player who specializes in Salvation has realized that our idea of melee healing wasnt feasible and has decided to become a much more powerful healer, although the idea was cool we admit we royally **** up so we buffed salvation to the level of a powerhouse to compensate your wasted time"

Ads
Luth

Post#22 » Thu May 19, 2016 6:03 pm

I just find it funny that this "pre-book/chalice era" entry could be found on the HP until the end of the game, possibly misleading new players.
They should have tried to fix the original concept, instead of going the easy, imbalanced way.

bloodi
Suspended

Post#23 » Thu May 19, 2016 6:08 pm

Luth wrote:I just find it funny that this "pre-book/chalice era" entry could be found on the HP until the end of the game, possibly misleading new players.
They should have tried to fix the original concept, instead of going the easy, imbalanced way.
Maybe its just me being a cynical asshole but after seeing CU proposed class mechanics and all that **** i think that its basically their bussiness model.

Sell cool concepts that never work ingame but they do sell copies of the game, then they never bother to fix it and onto the next thing.

I will gladly be wrong but man, it surely stinks like that.

Vayra

Post#24 » Thu May 19, 2016 6:58 pm

noisestorm wrote:Also lifetaps were already buffed if im not mistaken. They're already ignoring any guard absorbtion and heal for the normal value. Thats enough heals for starters...
Really? I could swear my RS heals for half value when I'm hitting a guarded target. Will have to pay closer attention to that now.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

freshour
Banned

Post#25 » Thu May 19, 2016 7:10 pm

I mean it heals off damage delt. I'm assuming since it is a single target move, you heal for whatever you hit the target you used it on. Not the person who is guarding them. So yes, all life taps hit like **** on guarded targets/bubbles -

noisestorm

Post#26 » Thu May 19, 2016 8:07 pm

freshour wrote:I mean it heals off damage delt. I'm assuming since it is a single target move, you heal for whatever you hit the target you used it on. Not the person who is guarding them. So yes, all life taps hit like **** on guarded targets/bubbles -
Reading comprehension. Guess i really cannot expect people to properly read and understand whatever i write if i keep it short.. *sigh*
Vayra wrote:
noisestorm wrote:Also lifetaps were already buffed if im not mistaken. They're already ignoring any guard absorbtion and heal for the normal value. Thats enough heals for starters...
Really? I could swear my RS heals for half value when I'm hitting a guarded target. Will have to pay closer attention to that now.
I just asked Aza again to make sure. Yes it is in the game. Lets say for example we have a 100% lifetap skill with which i deal 500 damage. I now hit an enemy that is guarded and hit him for 250 and his guard tank for 250 as well. I will still heal with the spell for 500. If the guardtank blocks/parries the damage from this hit though, the heal will be only 250. Thats why you maybe get the image that its not working, but it actually is.

Azarael

Post#27 » Thu May 19, 2016 8:14 pm

Vayra wrote:
Sadly, as Noise indicates, if the guarding tank parries or blocks his Guard, you lose the lifetap. This is a part of why I have distaste for Guard defense checks ignoring offensive stats.

Telen
Suspended

Post#28 » Thu May 19, 2016 8:18 pm

Its one of the big flaws in war compared with some other pvp mmos. The easier specs tend to be the most effective instead of skill cap being rewarded. Weaving with AM/Shaman is the same. We'll have to see if the devout in CU is any better.

Ads
Vayra

Post#29 » Thu May 19, 2016 11:26 pm

Azarael wrote:
Vayra wrote:
Sadly, as Noise indicates, if the guarding tank parries or blocks his Guard, you lose the lifetap. This is a part of why I have distaste for Guard defense checks ignoring offensive stats.
Ahh, OK, I see now. Would perhaps a better implementation be that lifetaps are calculated before any sort of mitigation is considered? And instead lower the amount converted to healing so that hitting a medium/light armored target is roughly the same as now? Should still be affected by parry/block of original target and not care about guard at all, but then provide much more consistent heals for undefended hits. Would also prevent absorbs from a being a big **** YOU to lifetaps.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

Azarael

Post#30 » Thu May 19, 2016 11:32 pm

It's a future option. However, I am a fan of actually penalizing lifetap healers for striking easy targets like tanks, which is what a pure lifetap does. It's just that Guard in particular and defense checks in general are screwing lifetaps over.