Recent Topics

Ads

how does melee dok beat sw?

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
reactor24

how does melee dok beat sw?

Post#1 » Mon May 23, 2016 7:37 pm

How does a melee DoK beat an SW? They seem impossible to catch with takedown and eye shot
Agostinah : Shadow Warrior | Dozo : Witch Hunter

"Show you the difference 'tween my gun and my pistol"

Ads
Bretin

Re: how does melee dok beat sw?

Post#2 » Mon May 23, 2016 7:39 pm

simple answer: you can't if both are equally skilled. the game is not designed around 1vs1.

reactor24

Post#3 » Mon May 23, 2016 7:45 pm

No doubt, I just got beat by an SW earlier, almost had him but it was hard to catch him and he got lucky with a parry on a snare. I'm just tilted and salty about it
Agostinah : Shadow Warrior | Dozo : Witch Hunter

"Show you the difference 'tween my gun and my pistol"

Morf

Post#4 » Mon May 23, 2016 8:01 pm

U need resolute defense to catch sw's, most are bad kiters because they are spoilt with CC and escape skills, use snare covenant also.
Pop resolute defense, flee, ap pot and you should be good, they will likely selfpunt and it wont go off because of resolute defense, they then panic and its game over.
The only time this wont work is if the sw is very good, which is like only 1% of all sw players :)
Morfee - Shaman / Mynnos - Kotbs / Grubod - Black Orc / Snubz - Squig Herder

Lileldys

Post#5 » Mon May 23, 2016 8:04 pm

Best you can do is use the Snare Covenant and spam Fist of Khaine to proc it. Remember to cleanse yourself, use Flee+AP Potions too. Cleansing Wind+Resolute Defence will help out a load.

catholicism198

Post#6 » Mon May 23, 2016 8:08 pm

Detaunt + Heal.

Vigfuss

Post#7 » Mon May 23, 2016 8:19 pm

On live there was an influence or keep bag weapon drop (can't remember which) that had a very nasty snare proc on it. Open with Devour Essence (It will hit them and heal you through KD if you're close enough, it's also good for proccing Celerity).

I have no idea if that weapon exists on RoR, but it worked very nicely on live. Probably the biggest thing is getting the jump on them.
Fusscle of Critical Acclaim