Recent Topics

Ads

[Witch Elf] Hide detection

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
tlitschye

[Witch Elf] Hide detection

Post#1 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:37 pm

Hey All,

i dont know if i am the only one that is a little frustrated with HOW the "hide detection" sometimes works.

1. Problem: Sometime i just get spotted randomly over 60 feet, people just run STRAIGHT towars me and can attack me. I play a lot on my WE so its not just like 1 or 2 times, or like Luck or whatever, People just kinda see me.

2. Problem: Those Lowies with their Bolster, they can see me much easier then FULL EQUIPPED LvL 40ers, thats just plain Ridiculous, and no they dont have more INI than me, currently running around with more than 350!! Its like almost sure that if a lowbie is nearby he can detect me NOT the lvl 40ers.

Someone has the same Problem or is there some way to fix this?

Greets

Ads
Antalor

Re: [Witch Elf] Hide detection

Post#2 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:40 pm

Play WH.. All this problems which you got on WE will automatically disappear after you switch on Order :)
Greetings, friend.
''If we die, we will die wielding our swords and there is no better death for a warrior. We will all sit at Sigmar's banquet like the heroes of old and our names will be remembered in the songs of our people till the end of time.''

Lileldys

Post#3 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:41 pm

Stealth works differently here. The formula on live was totally unknown. The current version uses initiative + distance from what I gathered.

Part 2 is totally wrong

Krima

Post#4 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:52 pm

+1 sealth breaks out of nothing very often...
After you stealth WL pet breaks it also
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

Azarael

Post#5 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:58 pm

1. Problem: Sometime i just get spotted randomly over 60 feet, people just run STRAIGHT towars me and can attack me. I play a lot on my WE so its not just like 1 or 2 times, or like Luck or whatever, People just kinda see me.
Sorry, but no. It's impossible to be detected past 30ft.

tlitschye

Post#6 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:20 pm

Maybe 60 tf was exagerated but its more than normal, its like im not in Hide.

@Lileldys i have a whole lot of ganking experience, unlike you i play solo and i am realy dependant on my Hide. And its more likely that a lowis sees me in hide than all those fullbuffed lvl 40s, something seems very wrong.

Bretin

Post#7 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:36 pm

i can vouch for tlitschye. he always sent me tells like "lol for sure" "yeah sure" after i broke his stealth. he is very mad with it, please fix.

wrayday

Post#8 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:23 am

Back in the live days bad design choices and even worse nvidia drivers (era of higher fps no matter what) lead to an issue where I could see stealthed players as the shaders were bugged and when you stealthed you just turned green. I sent off a bug fix to mythic at the time but I don't think they fixed it. Newer nvidia drivers made the problem go away. I do not believe this game functions like wow, and you can't see thru lower level chars stealth. Lastly, make sure your stealth timer hasn't run out or you don't remain in the same place when you stealth. A lot of people will run to your last known and AOE.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#9 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:38 am

Could we not necro 6 month old posts. That'd be great.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog