Recent Topics

Ads

[DoK] DPS Spec Advice

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Zxul

Re: [DoK] DPS Spec Advice

Post#141 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:10 pm

An advice from old timer- try this one for dps : http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=dok ... 992:4984:0:

All talis into toughness, maxed RR toughness, rest crit. Resists jewelry set. Chalice.

Few points:

1. You mitigate 60-70% of inc dmg, got quite a bit of healing, and plenty of SE regen (from chalice and Fist spam)- much harder to kill then usual dps dok which dies asap unless he got a target to Rend off.
2. Both covenants and Khaine's Imbuement dot trigger off ranged- with this spec, dok actually turns into rdps. Not a sorc, but I did kill quite a few sws with ranged only back in the day.
3. Covenants/ Khaine's Imbuement dot don't scale with strength, so you can both do a pretty decent dmg with low strength, and burn tanks (since ability not scaling with strength= ability ignoring toughness)- back on live, as RR 70 sh dok I was quite capable of killing RR100 def tanks.
4. Its a solo kill build, and not max dmg build- you outlast them, and kill kiters with ranged- its not about burst dms.

Have fun.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#142 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:56 pm

No defensive tank worth his weight in salt will lose to a ranged dps dok.

Zxul

Post#143 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:02 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:No defensive tank worth his weight in salt will lose to a ranged dps dok.
You don't kill tanks with ranged- you kill them with procs which ignore their toughness.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

Penril

Post#144 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:03 pm

I remember this spec on live, with 1k+ Fist of Khaine crits on SWs. Fun spec, if only for a few minutes.

Question: Why no Bloodthirst, KB or MI instead of KI? KB and MI are definitely better for melee combat, and even Bloodthirst might be better if you only want to focus on FoK spam.

peterthepan3

Post#145 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:15 pm

Zxul wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote:No defensive tank worth his weight in salt will lose to a ranged dps dok.
You don't kill tanks with ranged- you kill them with procs which ignore their toughness.
Proc that are completely negated by hp regen.

freshour
Banned

Post#146 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:02 am

peterthepan3 wrote:
Zxul wrote:

AND ICD's..... RIP

Zxul

Post#147 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:01 pm

Penril wrote:I remember this spec on live, with 1k+ Fist of Khaine crits on SWs. Fun spec, if only for a few minutes.

Question: Why no Bloodthirst, KB or MI instead of KI? KB and MI are definitely better for melee combat, and even Bloodthirst might be better if you only want to focus on FoK spam.
KB is only good in melee, MI lowers your healing (and parry is useless if you don't build it up with RR ets) while survival is big point of the build, and both are only really good with high strength.

Bloodthirst is nice, but less useful then other stuff, +it doesn't works with lifetap Covenant which I would rather have on then snare one (can always switch to snare for kiters, while quite often you don't have time to switch in melee- and that healing matters when you are in high mitigation setup).

Also, KI is actually pretty good- with low strength and with it ignoring toughness (and doing spirit dmg), the dot tick does a pretty equal damage to ability hit.
peterthepan3 wrote:
Zxul wrote:
They aren't- since the procs ignore toughness and do spirit dmg, Djolle for example (full def rr100 tank) would mitigate 90% or so of regular abilities- while only 10% or so or procs. And with this setup you have a high proc dmg- between 35% covenant hit chance, and 25% chance for KI dot.

freshour
Banned

Post#148 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:20 pm

Okay so here is a build I recently tried despite not being RR 70 which you need to run this but I will explain why I think it is technically the best spec if you don't have a reliable SH or 2nd dok or mara to apply a constant HD

waronlinebuilder.org - Disciple of Khaine build

Now this spec seems to get it all in a sense in my book with exception of the parry debuff (which funny enough gets parried a LOT on the targets you'd want it to land on lol).

Benefits to the standard build which I will post that I'm sure 99.99999999999% of DoK's run or should be running with 1-2 points to play with depending on your RR rank

waronlinebuilder.org - Disciple of Khaine build

- Now the Difference is with a slight item swap -

So we all run Khaine's Blessing to get that extra AA hit. But what I've noticed in going full dominator lately (it just seems better damage wise all around - despite having less str/wounds/armor - the overall crit and reduction to parry seems superior in my book if you are playing with a proper party/guard. Well - if you add the AA - Jewelry + Dominator Shoulders - you in fact get the same number of AA's - as I have never had it explained to me but I believe AA's rely on a certain threshold to reach an extra attack per GCD or something of that matter but the difference in damage was negligible in my testing against level 40 trolls between the 50% tactic and the shoulders + jewelry (that is mostly unused now that the GCD was put in place)

So now you have the ability to run both AP drain (via tactic and pillage essence (which is an amazing SE generator) AND your staple which is your heal debuff. All while getting devour essence and fell sac as your filler/se generator/crippler.

I have yet to find many complaints/differences in this and honestly if you don't take fell sacrifice you will lose 20-30% of your total SC scoreboard damage - but in reality is just fluff damage - the real loss is the cripple/SE generator that the move is less known for but primarily used for at the higher levels.

I would love to hear opinions on this and yes it does suck that it takes RR 70 to run completely, but even with 60+ and taking out fell sac it does seem pretty damn good as DoK with AP drain tactic + Pillage Essence can essentially negate an enemy MDPS and in my dual dok party I ran last night for funzies since it isn't as good as it used to be - I was able to negate WL's to literally AA's alone after about 2 rotations - being roughly 15-20 seconds. Which during a 6v6 there are some fairly long engagements. But being that HD is such a staple for us, allowing us to take advantage of our AP drain rotation at the same time is essential in eliminating one enemy from doing really anything at all. Hope you guys enjoy it, and good luck farming the RP needed to run it properly lol. Keep in mind you may be doing less "overall damage" but your "effective" damage will be much much higher despite the loss of wracking agony and Fell Sac (if you aren't RR70)

Ads
freshour
Banned

Post#149 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:28 pm

Well, went up against a super meta 6 man last night and realized that while DD dok can do some of the best "sustained" dps, it really doesn't have a burst rotation against guarded targets in an organized group. I think I've personally tried every spec/gear combination possible and I keep falling back to this same line of thinking. We have decent aoe in bursts, we have some aoe fluff, we can make cleansing a nightmare, we can even taken down the majority of targets with 1 other assist. But in a 6 man - I don't think it is meta enough/with a good enough kit to really make it work. But I'll keep trying.

Zxul

Post#150 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:22 pm

freshour wrote:Well, went up against a super meta 6 man last night and realized that while DD dok can do some of the best "sustained" dps, it really doesn't have a burst rotation against guarded targets in an organized group. I think I've personally tried every spec/gear combination possible and I keep falling back to this same line of thinking. We have decent aoe in bursts, we have some aoe fluff, we can make cleansing a nightmare, we can even taken down the majority of targets with 1 other assist. But in a 6 man - I don't think it is meta enough/with a good enough kit to really make it work. But I'll keep trying.
Your best bet is probably combining Devour Essence with spamming Transfer Essence/Pillage Essence (when up) and with aa haste.

On a side note, you don't aa duing channel- so pure burst speaking using Rend is a dmg loss. Thats one reason I don't use aa haste tactic- solo roaming you want to use Rend as much as possible in lot of situations, meaning the aa haste tactic adds 0 dmg 3 sec out of every 8 sec- 40% or so of the time.