Recent Topics

Ads

DOK -healing-

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
freshour
Banned

Re: DOK -healing-

Post#61 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:07 pm

freshour wrote:Kinda curious if anyone else is trying out other healers now that experimental mode is over. I keep going back to heals in RvR on the DoK and keep shaking my head at how low the output actually is. I attempted to cap out willpower but I really don't have much healing gear aside from annihilator.

Anyway, just curious what everyone else is running :D
Easiest way to cap out willpower (if you have BL set)

4 pc beastlord - chest, trinket, jewelry, then... shoulders I think? (one of them have healing crit)
2 pc conq - belt, helm
2 pc anni - boots, gloves

You can substitute the conq for ruin if you'd like, I think with this variation I ended up having to use the gloves based on my BL equip and what not. With BL no longer in the game at the moment, you can do 2 conc, 2 anni, 2 ruin - and get a 3 pc of whichever you want.

Your armor is lower, so I recommend the blue jewelry with reduced armor penetration, and since your willpower will be easily in the 900-1100 range pending tali slots, take reduced chance to be crit RR (level 3) - and if you have the imperious ward - there is a jewelry piece that has wounds and initiative on it - OR you can just use the 3pc ini/armor set because it has amazing resists.

Crit is hard to get on this setup, but your overall healing with everything will be significantly higher. It only lacks in pure survivability that you get in full conq/armor stacking since conq proc is the best proc DoK has ever had for healing. It is a cheaper version and lets you backline heal more effectively than the standard run of the mill setup, you will be squishier but generally speaking unless you are nearly in best in slot gear - you won't be tanking 3-4 mdps anyway with aoe detaunt removed from the healing game. Hope that helps.

Ads
vouzou

Post#62 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:47 pm

There are many think that can be said about DoK/Wp nerfing.
From my point of view both classes where problematic from beggining of the game.
They wheren't melee healers they wherent back line healers. They where a non balanced hybrid that could perfom better as backline healer with armour stacking aoe detaunt and blood offering/supplication. Especially aoe detaunt made them undefetable if the had good gear. They could group cleanse everything so most groups back on live run with 2 of them. It was the standard setup for almost all groups. Their covenants/prayers where permanent group boosting effects non affected by removals. They where the kings of group healing.
But here it is RoR and this unequality must be removed. I agree that something must be done so other healers can shine too. Am/Sh where on side before .ab ex. Now they perform good.
But can't something be done without something else take his place?
We now have a new kind DoK/Wp in place of the old DoK/Wp thats Sh/Am. They both are mobile they can kite and can heal without stopping all the time because of the new ab.ex wich made their AP management better than before especially shamman.
So the current nerf made DoK/Wp not so preferable classes for setup. I agree they still can give thinks to group i.e. fast healing, aoe hot, Action points, but now they are not even mediocre. Thats explain why most of DoK/WP running AM/Sh like myself.
One of the main reasons that original dev's blew up those classes was the mechanic himself.
DoK/Wp works with a mechanic that replenish either with melle abilities or via offhand chalice and Blood Offering/Supplication. So the original idea was to having DoK/WP into front line casting healing while hitting enemies and replenishing his recourses to heal again.
But this didn't work quite well at the beggining. Especially in big fight it is very hard to play as main healer with this style. But as said that was the original idea. This idea gave to DoK/Wp medium armour, aoe detaunt, fast casting healing skills and covenants/prayers.
After some time of playing devs decided that melee healing in large scales isn't goint to work so they decided that can be played as back line healers too. So the gave him chalice/books so can have their resources build up pasivelly without need of beeing in front line. Here is made the first mistace. They kept aoe detaunt tactic out of specialization trees. The passive recourse regenaration provided by the offhands was too low at the beggining so they need Blood ofering and supplication in game but when someone was close to 100rr and end game gear was extremely high.
Here in RoR we must decide what we want our DoK/Wp playstyle to be.
Melee healers or backline one's? And decide we must because at the current state of the game without Aoe detaunt without being able ti kite properly like the rest healers and with covenants/prayers affected by 1 sec cooldown those classes are dying.
So my conclusion will be that yes those classes needed changes i really liked the .ab ex but it could be better, but plz devs change those classes make them better and more focused to either healing or melee healing than they are now.
Korthian Dok of Phalanx
Korthi Wp of Zerg

SpacestarKid

Post#63 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:12 pm

Dabbart wrote:Yes. Type .ab list and you should see a list of every change from live for the class you are logged in as.
There's nothing about not cleansing an ally. Can anyone confirm it's intended or should I report it as a bug?
Shogun, Zama, Mashka, Antifreeze, Alcotester