Recent Topics

Ads

Blackguard Builds

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Sulorie

Re: Blackguard Builds

Post#161 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:04 am

shaggyboomboom wrote:
Sulorie wrote:
shaggyboomboom wrote: BG is a tank first and a DPS 2nd if anything.
Get the newest set and you are tanky enough.
Yes, but getting full conq might take a while. And quite frankly without the extra parry you are not THAT tanky.
I didn't say you shouldn't take the parry tactic. :)
Btw, I don't mean conq with "newest set". Well, we have to wait for Gunbad release.
Dying is no option.

Ads
shaggyboomboom

Post#162 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:14 am

Sulorie wrote:
shaggyboomboom wrote:
Sulorie wrote: Get the newest set and you are tanky enough.
Yes, but getting full conq might take a while. And quite frankly without the extra parry you are not THAT tanky.
Btw, I don't mean conq with "newest set". Well, we have to wait for Gunbad release.
What are the set bonus for gunbad set?

Panzerkasper

Post#163 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:19 am

shaggyboomboom wrote:
Sulorie wrote:
shaggyboomboom wrote: Yes, but getting full conq might take a while. And quite frankly without the extra parry you are not THAT tanky.
What are the set bonus for gunbad set?
Guggst du: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

TheSockPuppet
Suspended

Post#164 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:26 am

I had a shitty idea for orvr RoR.builders - Black Guard
You spend your rr into parry/disrupt+dodge/crit reduction and you slot strength talis.
Your rotation is the CA->BS->FoW->(HS)->CTW "mantra" only you spice it up with FoW, CD and FH when you have the hatred/ these abilities are off CD.

It's not a dps build, you don't even try to build crit for burst, you just try to get as much strength/strikethrough in tanky gear as possible (I suppose 5 BL/4 Conq with winds is the BiS?) and still have 650 tufnes (which becomes around 750 with FoW and then nears the 1050 softcap with TF).

The idea is to spread every single niche AoE debuff the BG has around while possessing enough strength to avoid having all your AoEs parried by rdps and healers (don't laugh, it happens when you are under 500 strength)

Now you may say "Sock you waste of wool, you just created a shitty hybrid build that lacks the hatred generation of the loldps builds which allows you to spend 60 (actually 50, but don't tell the mods) hatred every 10 seconds and still be able to maintain your hatred (and defensive buffs) at 100 AND the assholish defenses of the deftard builds that can use the same debuffs minus CD, in favor of a build that leaves you anemic and squishy"

To which i reply "Well i am a conscious shitposter, what did you expect?"

Wintersun666

Post#165 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:00 am

lol i just discovered that the builds you guys are linking require 70RR to be complete.

Well that will take ages...

Anomanderake

Post#166 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:19 am

Partially OT question...
How a BG builds up hate? By attacking with AA? And how much hate gains every time he does the needed action? I’m trying to figure a rotation but it’s pretty hard
Purake - BG 7X - GoD

For the Gaer Daecos' Freedoms

Tesq

Post#167 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:11 pm

for efficent parry build in rvr, epic quest 2h with avoidance bonus, parry tactic and 20 rp + 2% from a lot of set gloves is:
10+30+18+2=60 % parry
2h provide 10% block striketrough, with some str you can definetly work around enemy parry+ bg have a core 10% block/parry debuff keep that up and you should be able to debuff/punt easily,

shaggyboomboom

Post#168 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:07 pm

Tesq wrote:for efficent parry build in rvr, epic quest 2h with avoidance bonus, parry tactic and 20 rp + 2% from a lot of set gloves is:
10+30+18+2=60 % parry
2h provide 10% block striketrough, with some str you can definetly work around enemy parry+ bg have a core 10% block/parry debuff keep that up and you should be able to debuff/punt easily,
True, but seeing a lot of order tanks going mostly 2h the block strike through goes to waste.

Ads
Tesq

Post#169 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:23 pm

shaggyboomboom wrote:
Tesq wrote:for efficent parry build in rvr, epic quest 2h with avoidance bonus, parry tactic and 20 rp + 2% from a lot of set gloves is:
10+30+18+2=60 % parry
True, but seeing a lot of order tanks going mostly 2h the block strike through goes to waste.
not really regarding striketrought just if you wanna use the crit debuff you are force in 2h but as show you can still have decent parry, and due last changes the avoidance proc of the 2h from epic skyrocket. Usually i go 2h in rvr cuz s+b dont add aoe stuff.

Nealio

Post#170 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:48 am

Anything new to add to this discussion? Any S&B builds out there?
Last edited by Nealio on Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.