Recent Topics

Ads

Blackguard Builds

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Skiantos

Re: Blackguard Builds

Post#201 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:49 pm

Anyone have a build for a Black Guard S&B?

Ads
darude83
Suspended

Post#202 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:40 am

Skiantos wrote:Anyone have a build for a Black Guard S&B?
I'm running Loathing Tree up to Wave of Scorn, including all abilties/tactics
Path of Malice Enraged Beating/crit tactic rest points to push Malice Mastery as far as you can

Renown points in Block/Parry/Disrupt&Dodge

Good dmg and good survivability, can adapt with gear to the situation, 5pc Dom with str talis or Conq with Tough talis allows you to swap out Rugged Tactic for Endless Pursuit.

Less utility as 2h, but more defensive tools, like None shall pass and hold the line
Forestmistress - SW 6x
Etealas - BG 6x

Ordyn

Post#203 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:30 pm

how are 2h blackguards damage with a dps spec?

DokB

Post#204 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:00 pm

I've been trying out the new BG changes and I've been trying to brainstorm a few ways how to make the new 2h BG work, mostly looking at it from a 6 man perspective. The builder hasn't been updated so refer to the patch notes here if you aren't sure where some abilities are. Just going to spitball a few ideas around.

RoR.builders - Black Guard - Basically you will need to drop Crimson Death if you still want to spec for the parry tactic. A bit unfortunate but to be completely honest, you can afford to drop it with how 2h BG operates. It's a decent 2h only skill, but you still get everything else a 2h BG offers with the on demand KD and lower cooldown Exile. Your last tactic can be up to you depending on who you are fighting, Rugged/Endless Pursuit/whatever. At renown rank 60 you can then pick up either your toughness tactic or FoF.

RoR.builders - Black Guard - This is where you abandon Loathing and go up Anguish and pick up your outgoing HD and then you can either choose Choking Fury/Detaunt tactic. Very good damage, especially since you can keep Crimson Death. This build hasn't really changed since you could already do it pre-patch but I like to mention it since the changes to Loathing tree makes it tricky for non high-renown BG (like myself).

RoR.builders - Black Guard - This has you dropping not only Crimson Death but also Hastened Doom, essentially depriving you of all your best damage dealers in favour of being incredibly tanky as a 2h. You still keep the on demand KD from Malice and also gain FoF, parry tactic and toughness tactic. Still not too sure about this build in all honesty. Would a group really benefit from a very tanky 2h BG which doesn't do anywhere near the damage an off tank should be doing? You still have a bit of utility that 2h provides I guess... Might be okay in a 3/2/1 setup maybe.

Aside from this, I'd mention that Wave of Scorn at 13pts is definitely not worth it in my eyes. I could only see myself taking it if I was running S&B in a WB setting, but if I want to remain a 2h BG I can't afford to go that high for an aoe snare that pales in comparison to things like Earthshatter. So how are others finding the new changes, any thoughts on decent builds you found that you are comfortable with?
Last edited by DokB on Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

peterthepan3

Post#205 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:04 pm

The first build you linked may become a go-to for many 2h offensive BGs if they wish to survive in a 6man environment.

Wintersun666

Post#206 » Wed May 16, 2018 8:08 am

Did they moved the skill "Anger drives me" ?

Rip

RuffRyder

Post#207 » Wed May 16, 2018 8:58 am

Wintersun666 wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 8:08 am Did they moved the skill "Anger drives me" ?

Rip
As per Wiki:

"[...]In the Loathing Tree: Terrifying Foe is back to 3pt, Feeding on Pain is back to 7pt, Force of Fury is back to 9pt, Anger Drives Me is back to 11pt, and Wave of Scorn is back to 13pt"

https://wiki.returnofreckoning.com/inde ... ss_Changes
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)

mursaat1337

Post#208 » Sun May 20, 2018 9:20 am

i don't understand why IB has 25% parry for themselves and their oathfriend at 5 pt skill for a whopping 15 grudge while BG gets gutted out to an 11 pt tactic for self parry and the reason is "it parries too much guard dmg" and IB doesnt with its 5 pt? not only did the nerf slam 2h BG, you cant spec heal debuff with parry anymore and go malice while IB can have a kd, aoe snare, parry(also for team mate), and heal debuff with ease.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#209 » Sun May 20, 2018 9:41 am

mursaat1337 wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 9:20 am i don't understand why IB has 25% parry for themselves and their oathfriend at 5 pt skill for a whopping 15 grudge while BG gets gutted out to an 11 pt tactic for self parry and the reason is "it parries too much guard dmg" and IB doesnt with its 5 pt? not only did the nerf slam 2h BG, you cant spec heal debuff with parry anymore and go malice while IB can have a kd, aoe snare, parry(also for team mate), and heal debuff with ease.
This is correct but it happened for balance reasons. :^)
Dying is no option.

Shaco

Post#210 » Sun May 20, 2018 11:18 am

WL pets hard kill BGs with 30 more parry so they decided to nerf BG