Recent Topics

Ads

Blackguard Builds

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
GodlessCrom
Suspended

Re: Blackguard Builds

Post#61 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:08 pm

Thanks, Panzer.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Ads
GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#62 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:17 pm

Any thoughts on builds since the patch? No more armor buff+crit reduction for 2h BG but I figure you will still want Terrifying foe and Wave of Scorn eventually anyways, so cant see the build changing much. Levelling up has been pretty easy, though god damn it takes forever to get to the fun stuff on BG: my IB had punt and (unreliable) kd by 14, but my BG is still a couple levels shy of super punt and with a grand total of 12% block or so, it really does feel like "waiting for block simulator 2017" when specced snb right now lol. Cant wait to get Get Down! around 26 or so.

Panzerkasper

Post#63 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:53 am

GodlessCrom wrote:Any thoughts on builds since the patch? No more armor buff+crit reduction for 2h BG but I figure you will still want Terrifying foe and Wave of Scorn eventually anyways, so cant see the build changing much. Levelling up has been pretty easy, though god damn it takes forever to get to the fun stuff on BG: my IB had punt and (unreliable) kd by 14, but my BG is still a couple levels shy of super punt and with a grand total of 12% block or so, it really does feel like "waiting for block simulator 2017" when specced snb right now lol. Cant wait to get Get Down! around 26 or so.
Im playing this atm, with snb ofc: RoR.builders - Black Guard
I never tested NSP before, so with the changes i use it now and see how it turns out. Otherwise i really like the changes to FoF, i think its one of the strongest defensive skills in the game right now, especially for small scale.

For 2h in a fixed group i'd go for RoR.builders - Black Guard

For solo adventures 2h i'd take a more anguish focused build ofc: RoR.builders - Black Guard

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#64 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:58 pm

Thanks Panzer. Do you think 2h is worth it in groups over snb, or nah? I love the looks of 2h and i enjoy the playstyle on my IB, but BG has more reasons to go SnB than IB does IMO.

Jaycub

Post#65 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:40 am

GodlessCrom wrote:Thanks Panzer. Do you think 2h is worth it in groups over snb, or nah? I love the looks of 2h and i enjoy the playstyle on my IB, but BG has more reasons to go SnB than IB does IMO.
The only real difference between SnB BG and 2h BG is their weapons and spec. Every good tank player is building themselves to be just tanky enough for the situation, while dealing as much damage as possible.

For 2h that means malice tree, which ups the DPS potential quite a lot. You get 10% crit debuff, wounds debuff (albeit worst one in the game because it isn't guaranteed on full HP targets) and on demand 3 sec KD.

Going to assume both specs go into loathing and at least grab AoE snare, 2h having to go here for 30% parry tactic and possible toughness one.

SnB has a lot more going on in terms of gameplay because of the options presented in anguish. You could write a novel on how to play around with outgoing healdebuff, you get another defensive cooldown that effects your dark protector, and a powerful AP drain. The deatunt dispel is overrated imo, it doesn't change your damage against guarded targets which is a deal breaker at least for me. And with the new change last patch you are going full loathing for the powerful stacking armor debuff with crit reduction, which is probably the most powerful defensive non morale buff that isn't a self buff only.

Shield inherently means you gain access to HotL and 5 second KD, and in a vacuum SnB beats 2h anyday in terms of the weapon kits themselves (block strikethrough is pure trash compared to block even if your weapon dps suffers). Equipping a 2h doesn't magically make you deal more damage, that's down to spec and str/crit stacking which you can do with SnB (BO being a shining example).

It's hard to say which is better, solo tanking BG in a 3-2-1 needs to be SnB obviously, but it's a tossup in a 2-2-2 and I think it really comes down to whether or not your group needs the single target defensive single target buffs or not. I at least feel plenty tanky with full defensive RR, 5/6 conq and armor talismans on my 2h BG. And if I need to be more defense it's simply swapping out genesis for winds impervious, and throwing in 160 toughness tactic. Double pots and cleanse M1 are also your friends if not mandatory. BG isn't getting m4 outside of very long keep fights, so you can pretty much count on m1 cleanse and play completely differently when it's up then when it is not.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#66 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:52 am

Damn thanks dude. Im nearing t4, for starter gear as 2h what should I grab? Im thinking Dragon's End for defense proc, winds impervious for resists, skaven ring for parry,2 piece ruin for armor buff, and maybe 3 piece annhi for toughness+ele resist buff. Thought about 3 piece merc, but I know on my IB at least (though he got Beastlord and dominator at this point) stacking strength feels pretty lackluster for damage, esp since highest damage abilities for IB are punishing blow and Earthshatter, which dont scale off strength. Might be different for BG, since theyre highest damage abilities IIRC are Enraged Beating and Crimson Death. No idea about their strength coefficients though and how big of a difference it makes on assist damage.

Vular

Post#67 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:05 pm

What about Renown Training for a 2H BG? Would you go Reflexes and Deft Defender?

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#68 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:15 pm

Vular wrote:What about Renown Training for a 2H BG? Would you go Reflexes and Deft Defender?
I imagine so. Theyre basically prereqs for every 2h tank. Maaaybe SM can get away without them due to WoDS but even then I bet more than a few take max them (unless going Wingz style full dps, then probably max crit and other dmg stats)

Ads
Panzerkasper

Post#69 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:01 pm

Vular wrote:What about Renown Training for a 2H BG? Would you go Reflexes and Deft Defender?
Parry and anti crit, QE is a nice option.

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#70 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:06 pm

Futile Strikes over deft defender? Any reason why? I have always specced 20/20 into parry and dodge/disrupt until 40 and then start into futile strikes on my IB but perhaps I over value dodge/disrupt.