Recent Topics

Ads

WE tactics question

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
alusnova

WE tactics question

Post#1 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:15 pm

Hi all,

Im learning my class and as I work on my spec i'm wondering if anyone here knows if Taste of Blood and Flanking stack ?

Also since I got you here for those experienced WE I've been running into a lot of WH is the 40% parry + their repel and I been losing more fights than winning them, and I don't think we have a class defining skill like Repel correct? Now as I stated I'm new to the class and figure as I get better it will be more competitive but what advice you guys have for us young Witches? Spec/tactics,etc.

Thanks!

Ads
venrik

Re: WE tactics question

Post#2 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:05 am

Sever blessing as soon as you see repel pop.

Not really sure, but tactics should stack, as they are tactics, not standard abilities, but maybe someone with more experience can confirm.

Aurandilaz

Post#3 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:04 am

Tactic bonuses should stack unless they somehow broken.
As for WHs, avoid them unless you are confident that your initial 4-6 sec burst is enough to take them out. In an extended fight you will probably lose to a duel specced WH, but if both are gank specced, the one doing the first jump probably wins.

As for class defining stuff.... well it's mostly the lack of clothing!
But, you can spec for a ranged knockdown, which is pretty awesome. (On Your Knees)
Pierce Armour is also something that is really good.
Witchbrew used to be good before it got changed. (still decent, but I favour OYK approach)

Krima

Post#4 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:35 am

dont stack..
Right now.. flanking > tob

Its a mystery why Witchbrew dmg scales with flanking but does not with TOB...
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

Aurandilaz

Post#5 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:20 am

Weird, on live different dmg tactics were stacking iirc. I don't doubt you, but you got any source/proofs? Or do I have to find some damage dummy (where are they anyway?) to start doing dmg experiments.

userkiller

Post#6 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:06 pm

venrik wrote:Sever blessing as soon as you see repel pop.

Not really sure, but tactics should stack, as they are tactics, not standard abilities, but maybe someone with more experience can confirm.
But if he parries SB (which he probably does with 100% parry) you won't remove repel as it was on live, you know about that?
Revvo - WL

Lileldys

Post#7 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:14 pm

userkiller wrote:
venrik wrote:Sever blessing as soon as you see repel pop.

But if he parries SB (which he probably does with 100% parry) you won't remove repel as it was on live, you know about that?
And if you hit him in the back he cannot parry.

The tactics stacked on live, and should do here.

alusnova

Post#8 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:43 pm

Aurandilaz wrote:Tactic bonuses should stack unless they somehow broken.
As for WHs, avoid them unless you are confident that your initial 4-6 sec burst is enough to take them out. In an extended fight you will probably lose to a duel specced WH, but if both are gank specced, the one doing the first jump probably wins.

You saying I should avoid WH? wow I was told the classes were performing almost evenly....here is my main problem if the WH jumps me and knocks me first here is what I'm mainly seeing:

KD+Tor--BAL--Repel (before I get up) -- Confess--torment spam and I die even if I punt myself due to either being disarmed and or BAL tick.

Now when I get the jump :

KD+AW--Pierce Armor--RD(because I know when he gets up he will try KD)--(by now he is up) EoiP--HRT--AW spam but the WH after he gets up will either punt or Repel you.

So it seems they can get us down and DOT(BAL) us and Disarm us vs our knockdown and DOT ( Wracking Pains a joke vs their BAL)) and no disarm plus I have to apply EioP to add to my burst. Now i won't lie a few times when I have gotten the jump first yes if PA, HRT and AW crit they die fast just like we would die if their Repel, BAL and torment crit . I'm specced in OYK-PA and Increase Pain.

Ads
Aurandilaz

Post#9 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:14 am

Ah, classes are never true 100% mirrors, one has this, the other has that...
WE has awesome abilities like Pierce Armour, ON YOUR KNEES and Witchbrew.
WH has cool stuff like Repel Blasphemy, Burn Away Lies and Exit Wound.

Often who "ganks" first wins, but not always. Someone running "gank"-spec might win over someone who is in somekind of Warband/premade-combat spec, and someone running "duel"-spec might win against the "gank"-spec guy... it depends, there is a lot of possible outcomes, RNG with crit lucks, or server lag hurting your attempts with initial KD or getting to their backside. No fight is similar to another one.

My suggestion is to run a combat/gank build and avoid WHs who spec for duel builds; there are 11 other classes that I can gank with greater ease, and there are good and bad WH players... so if I have to choose a target, I like choosing path of least resistance and the most probable way to gain renown. Which essentially means avoiding hitting tanks if there are easier targets to kill, or trying to avoid going 1v1 against WHs if there are easier targets.

Sometimes you lose, sometimes you win. I maximize my chances of winning by avoiding fights where my chance of winning is less certain.

Rekoom

Post#10 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:29 am

I'm pretty sure Sever Blessing was changed at some point to be indefendable no? I think it was Patch 1.3.
Rekoom - 80+ BO