Recent Topics

Ads

Failing at a WE, send help!

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Cruentus

Failing at a WE, send help!

Post#1 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:05 am

Hey guys!

General question on WE specs. Ive just hit 16 on my WE and have found myself struggling to confirm a kill. Unless im literally 1v1ing a engineer or something extremley squishy with no defensives i seem to come off second best every time. Understanding its more then likley just a "get good" moment and is probably due to my lack of experience as a player. I was wondering whether there is a go-to spec for WE's to become the squishy killing machines i think they should be and I'm just missing it?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Ads
Drudge

Re: Failing at a WE, send help!

Post#2 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:34 am

WE in my experience really shine end game. But if you land a suprise attack and go in you should be winning 1v1. Camp spawns, keep back doors, and outside of warcamps to lock down some 1v1s. Stay away from the dots for now and just focus on your big hitters and you should be good. Pump str/ws

Krima

Post#3 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:38 am

WEs are not squishy killing machines.. roll a WL
WE is actualy food for slayers and wls.
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

Drudge

Post#4 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:06 am

A good WE is terrifying, i remember on live there was this savage WE dont remember his name. But if you died in an SC you were basically stuck in your spawn till some other people died to come back you up. As soon as you walked out the gate BAM dead, didnt matter who you were. You cant move cause you kill your self, you just sit there and blow all your oh **** skills and die anyway.

Dude was always top kills and renwon too, so it wasnt just me getting stomped on. Even if we won the SC he was still on the top lol

Cruentus

Post#5 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:16 am

Thanks for the advice Drudge. I guess I'll hold out for endgame then and put it down to practice makes perfect lol. Eventually I'd like to be that WE but its just going to take alot of practice. I just want to make sure im practicing with the correct build :P .

Fair enough Krima, slayers and WL's certainly do hurt. But im a destruction player and really do enjoy the WE playstyle.

userkiller

Post#6 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:48 am

Drudge wrote:A good WE is terrifying, i remember on live...
But this is RoR and WE here is far beyond the place she was on live. Listen what Krima said, roll mara.
Revvo - WL

kryss

Post#7 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:55 am

Krima wrote:WEs are not squishy killing machines.. roll a WL
WE is actualy food for slayers and wls.
Also, most of them are food to good WHs too. You need to play WEs at maximum potential to be at least ok. Very few competitive WEs on this server unfortunately

Aurandilaz

Post#8 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:11 am

Yeah if you want to play a deadly mdps, consider a maruader.
WE is currently a bit "meh", it can be fun to be an extremely squishy assassin, but prepare to die often in combat and mastering the ability to hit "Respawn". Most healers can't keep you up because you will be doing combat in light armour compared to the medium armour that other melee classes have. Tanks will rage at you for taking too much damage.
However, if you truly love the "Path of Masochism and Challenges", keep leveling the WE, it has it's good moments.
Somewhere after rank 20, you will soon be able to have enough Mastery Points for getting Heartseeker, your first KD. Without that KD, you will hardly ever kill anything, unless you happen to be real lucky.

You will most likely "peak" in T3, and then when you enter T4, prepare to be made into kitten-food by most of the WLs you might encounter. :D
With luck, you might win 1v1 vs Slayers, or even WHs, but against WL you need to remember you are facing an army of two, meaning even if you successfully do your best against the player, the pet will keep mauling you horribly.
With proper stealth management, you will learn how to jump on BWs, SWs and engis, and often enough you will succeed in 1v1 killing them, unless faced by an exceptional enemy player. :)

stack Str and meleecrit, your defensive stats will be so laughable bad whatever you do, there is little reason to even bother with them.

Ads
Atropik

Post#9 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:52 am

Good whs? Food for slayers? - I must be living in a parallel universe. Overbuffed wl pet stats and movement speed, and defendable sever blessing are the Problems, and thats all. At least wh is in much worse spot, comparing to we. The only advise for the ts - as soon as you reach Heartseeker, don't even try defensive specs, burst your enemies down, high pressure in "surprise motherfker moment" - is the only key.
Nicelook | Obey

Wdova

Post#10 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:55 am

Aurandilaz wrote:Yeah if you want to play a deadly mdps, consider a maruader.
WE is currently a bit "meh", it can be fun to be an extremely squishy assassin, but prepare to die often in combat and mastering the ability to hit "Respawn". Most healers can't keep you up because you will be doing combat in light armour compared to the medium armour that other melee classes have. Tanks will rage at you for taking too much damage.
However, if you truly love the "Path of Masochism and Challenges", keep leveling the WE, it has it's good moments.
Somewhere after rank 20, you will soon be able to have enough Mastery Points for getting Heartseeker, your first KD. Without that KD, you will hardly ever kill anything, unless you happen to be real lucky.

You will most likely "peak" in T3, and then when you enter T4, prepare to be made into kitten-food by most of the WLs you might encounter. :D
With luck, you might win 1v1 vs Slayers, or even WHs, but against WL you need to remember you are facing an army of two, meaning even if you successfully do your best against the player, the pet will keep mauling you horribly.
With proper stealth management, you will learn how to jump on BWs, SWs and engis, and often enough you will succeed in 1v1 killing them, unless faced by an exceptional enemy player. :)

stack Str and meleecrit, your defensive stats will be so laughable bad whatever you do, there is little reason to even bother with them.
We need a lot of practice and expirience. You should learn when and whom to attack,when to vanish and backup, etc. Until You reach solid critical chance I strongly recommend to spec witchbrew+heal debuff. You should not ignore defensive renowns such as parry,cleansing wind and resolute defense otherwise You will find Your WE life full of pain and rage quits. On 1v1 WE's chances are higher than WLs. At least I havent found one(on live and ror) who has higher than 50% chance to survive until he is backed up by party members. True is, if You roll mara Your ror life get much easier and enjoyable for party/wb gameplay(not solo). Best debuffs mdps can have,lots of survivability and ok AOE potential with aoe debuffs/kd. However if You plan to solo 24/7 there is no better class for that purpose on destro side.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+