Recent Topics

Ads

[DOK] Nee d advice in healing

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Luuca

Re: [DOK] Nee d advice in healing

Post#21 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:54 am

Am I missing something or are they. Terrifying Vision does not AoE Detaunt in Chalice/Sword spec, so are they posting a DPS healer spec?

Ads
lefze
Suspended

Post#22 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:28 am

Luuca wrote:Am I missing something or are they. Terrifying Vision does not AoE Detaunt in Chalice/Sword spec, so are they posting a DPS healer spec?
Just not aware of the change I guess.
Rip Phalanx

Bozzax

Post#23 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:37 am

Tbh any build wo EP is a 100% joke.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Gerv
Banned

Post#24 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:44 pm

Asherdoom wrote:
Gerv wrote:
Asherdoom wrote:my struggle with healing is: i got a HOT (useless considering the crazy burst) a direct heal+hot (the one i use most yet drain my soul essence so after 3 cast i must recover and a flash heal with 3 secs cd... my issue is
unlike shamn which got shields and stuff no matter what i do i cannot keep anyone alive because heal over time are outnumbered by burst,....
Its all about providing a base load, continuous and stable healing output through the HoTs and grp heal which are complimented by the burst healing capabilities of other healer classes. You also have one of the most powerful healing related M2's in the game. You can make or break lives every minuet, so when it comes to burst you have the answer.

additionally, once you survive the first/second enemy burst rotations, they have likely blown cool downs and out of AP and that is when you can strike back, applying pressure and getting kills.
your point stands, but nly in theory. a BW can nuclearize me in 3 casts... not to mention WH or slayers...
Yep, it can be rough, WH's are about having heal pots, you need to be able to upon getting up immediately consume 1-2 heal pots to get stable, i.e. mash your pot hot key like there is no tomorrow. After that go back to KD, hots and detaunt, by then your group has turned and your ok.

For BWs I find the best option is to have a strong front line for your group, so you have some cover and pre detaunt. I usually try to identify which BWs in scenarios will be problematic if not pressured early and set them as my enemy target just in-case. If you have no-one targeted the game will default to target the player who recently damaged you so that can help with detaunting too. Don't forget, CW and m2 are life savers when it comes to dot based classes, they can relieve the pressure and allow you to re-position with better los.

Slayesr are as you know physical damage and are most potent with an armor debuff paired or when high renown rank stacking plenty of WS. Again, its a matter of having a group, communicating and positioning well.

What gear do you run, do you stack armor and have high resists?
A neat tool you can use is resist buff from zealot to kick your caps if you already have low chance to be crit.
Sia - DoK - Lords
Boyd - WP - O.S.

Luuca

Post#25 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:56 pm

Here is what I consider a good, basic healing spec based upon the fact that we no longer have access to AoE Detaunt in sword/chalice.

RoR.builders - Disciple of Khaine

The M2 will swap between Focused Mind and Khaine's Withdrawal depending upon the enemy SC Group composition. This build is set up for and based upon a 6-man SC group and not ORvR.

Khaine's Withdrawal to be used If you are facing BW heavy group or BW+AM+Eng heavy group (2+ of each), Khaine's Withdrawal is a must have for the ALl group Cleanse as Efficient Patching only removes one and does not remove Curses in RoR.

Focused Mind for that moment when 2+ enemy players are on you; Focused Mind>Shield>Group Hot, Self Hot, Devour Essence on yourself (save the Detaunt for after) and self-cleanse while you move to your tank (if he can swap guard) or away from other healers/mrdps to force the attackers into over extending. Also helps, if you have the RR points, to pick up Resolute Defenses for those times M2 is not available.

As I stated earlier, in an SC group you can keep your Marauder/Choppa/WE alive longer (if they have guard) by placing Devour Essence on them when they get swarmed by Tanks and MDPS from the enemy. DE, on the builder tool tip shows 101 damage on up to 4 targets, but with points spent into it I believe it's closer to 180 per tick. So thats 180x4 (assuming 4 enemy targets within 30 feet) per second over 5 seconds outgoing damage (help kill focused target) and 90x4 heals per second (360 HpS) for 5 seconds or 1800 heals on your MDPS getting focused.

In ORvR you may want to skip DE and pick up Khaine's Refreshment because it is a channeled 30 foot radius AoE "all allies" heal. That means at a Keep defense where there will be 20+ players NOT in your group in the lords room, you can pop Khaine's Refreshment and heal all of them for 530+ heals in or out of group for 60 soul essence.

Other Advice; Stay fluid, keep moving, watch your positioning, and communicate with your team over coms. Detaunt BWs and Engies on cooldown. Also, slot a mix of Armor and Toughness Talismans to help your survivability, use armor pots, and toughness or Willpower pots (depending upon what you can afford or craft) Get the PVE Ring set "The Rings Impervious" for more armor, more initiative, and some of the best resistances on the market.
Spoiler:
Crow Caller Chain
+4 Toughness
+12 Weapon Skill
+104 Spiritual Resistance
+89 Elemental Resistance
+178 Corporeal Resistance

The Obdurate Seal
+4 Toughness
+12 Wounds
+89 Spiritual Resistance
+178 Elemental Resistance
+104 Corporeal Resistance

Wordbreaker Band
+4 Toughness
+12 Initiative
+178 Spiritual Resistance
+104 Elemental Resistance
+89 Corporeal Resistance

(2 Piece Bonus): + 25 Initiative
(3 Piece Bonus): + 210 Armor Bonus

CegeePegee
Former Staff

Post#26 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:27 pm

Have to agree with Luuca's build advice, it's pretty much identical to what I run. Staying mobile can be the hardest part, for DoK positioning isn't just about knowing where you need to be in relation to your team and the enemies, it's also knowing when to stop to get you 1sec cast heals off and when to keep moving. spending some rr points on cleansing winds can be the difference between dying and escaping if you do get caught.

freshour
Banned

Post#27 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:14 pm

I don't really play heal spec anymore for reasons that aren't important. But I did notice that DE really doesn't hit that hard with low str and all healing tactics. The heal it gives it pretty minimal unless you always use your M1 with it (which is unreal in melee spec) - but the other night when I was forced to go heal mode I swapped into the same spec but went up torture for fell sac which also gives you an extra 20-30 damage on your Covenant not that that matters with the ICD. But it made it a bit more fluid to play and I rarely had to use blood offering.

If you step back and look at the effective healing of DE with the ICD in place. It'd damage/healing depending on the cov you used to run went down considerably and until any SE changes are made it was actually kinda nice to run fell sac for the extra SE being it is only a 1 second cast. Annnnnyway, if you get bored give it a shot. But tactics seems spot on it's really just a filler b/w rotations or while kiting and such since it can be cast on the move.

Tesq

Post#28 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:57 pm

Asherdoom wrote:
Gerv wrote:
Asherdoom wrote:my struggle with healing is: i got a HOT (useless considering the crazy burst) a direct heal+hot (the one i use most yet drain my soul essence so after 3 cast i must recover and a flash heal with 3 secs cd... my issue is
unlike shamn which got shields and stuff no matter what i do i cannot keep anyone alive because heal over time are outnumbered by burst,....
Its all about providing a base load, continuous and stable healing output through the HoTs and grp heal which are complimented by the burst healing capabilities of other healer classes. You also have one of the most powerful healing related M2's in the game. You can make or break lives every minuet, so when it comes to burst you have the answer.

additionally, once you survive the first/second enemy burst rotations, they have likely blown cool downs and out of AP and that is when you can strike back, applying pressure and getting kills.
your point stands, but nly in theory. a BW can nuclearize me in 3 casts... not to mention WH or slayers...
need to have those resistences fixed, grab a chosen for res aura and look for impervious wind jewerly set/t4 influence chalice, maybe some talismans; BW can debuff around 20% of yout corp on 40% cap so over capp it is always good for keep bw dmg at bay; tough best defense is pressure the bw itself. Cleanse and overcapped resistence do the trick; watch bw silence it is a ball breaker more than heal debuff on solo focus, get ready a pot just in case. and remember you can always detaunt.

Ads
shaggyboomboom

Post#29 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:08 am

Asherdoom wrote:
Gerv wrote:

Stack more willpower!!!!

Luuca

Post#30 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:04 pm

freshour wrote:I don't really play heal spec anymore for reasons that aren't important. But I did notice that DE really doesn't hit that hard with low str and all healing tactics. The heal it gives it pretty minimal unless you always use your M1 with it (which is unreal in melee spec) - but the other night when I was forced to go heal mode I swapped into the same spec but went up torture for fell sac which also gives you an extra 20-30 damage on your Covenant not that that matters with the ICD. But it made it a bit more fluid to play and I rarely had to use blood offering.

If you step back and look at the effective healing of DE with the ICD in place. It'd damage/healing depending on the cov you used to run went down considerably and until any SE changes are made it was actually kinda nice to run fell sac for the extra SE being it is only a 1 second cast. Annnnnyway, if you get bored give it a shot. But tactics seems spot on it's really just a filler b/w rotations or while kiting and such since it can be cast on the move.
I was following your logic about going up the Path of Torture tree and specing into Fell Sacrifice. The tool tip says 584 damage over 24 seconds.. 24 damage per second and a recovery of 30 soul essence. Other benefits are that your Covenant of Celerity and Essence Lash will hit a little harder with points spent in the tree. I also can see Fell Sacrifice used in "pick up the part/flag" SCs as a mean to dot the opposition around the flag and prevent the take. So there's a lot of good that can be gained from Fell Sacrifice. Then I realized.. 30 feet.... the radius is 30 feet. As a Chalice-Sword healing DoK, if I end up within 30 feet of the flag/enemies, I'm toast. I become an easy swap for MDPS and RDPS to swift assist me down. Positioning is everything on a backlines heal DoK and moving into the front lines fray, even to pop and run Fell Sacrifice, is too risky in my opinion. A DPS DoK with guard and geared/specced for close combat should have Fell Sacrifice.

Your points about the soul essence cost of Devour Essence are correct, it is a resource hog, but I can cast it on an MDPS standing in the middle of 4 or 5 players from 150 feet away, gain some healing (it's not that bad against squishy MDPS and healers) and simply make up the soul essence by channeling Blood offering. The mistake most chalice-sword backlines healing DoKs make is not using essence lash on the inevitable tank(s) in the back line and the fact that in 1 second, I can gain the 30 soul essence that Fell Sac would provide, without the risk. You do not need to use a full 5 seconds to top off SE when you press Blood Offering. A smarter way to play is to use 2 seconds for 60 just to bump your soul essence when needed. Running dry is bad, and using basic soul essence mele and Essence Lash on enemie(s) over extended and harassing (but not really threatening) the healers/rdps is mandatory. Again, my perspective is based off of 6-man SC groups and not ORvR. I can see where at keeps, Fell Sac may be very good.