Recent Topics

Ads

[Dok] 3 tank and 3 Dok Premade

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Haojin

Re: [Dok] 3 tank and 3 Dok Premade

Post#11 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:44 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:
Arena wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote: Dunno why you wouldn't bring 1 x dps bo - aka the best dps tank - if you're after damage...
Because BG have outgoing heal decreasing and 2 choosens have 6 auras. Bork will work, but choosen is better.
BG outgoing HD, DPS DOK (in BIS gear) will be bringing an AOE 50% incoming HD, and DPS BO (I'd run 2h BO with a 2H BG) will be providing skullthumper and an extra ini debuff that will stack with the BG's CD = more crit = more burst damage. 2 X Chosen just limits your damage potential. It could work against pugs/bad premades, perhaps.

DPS BO & DPS DOK assisting on a target that is wounds/tough/armor debuffed by the BG + M1 Demolishing = <3

Would be an epic setup to test out, and would definitely work against most of order's premades if you played it right.
didn't we make it in the past with 2 chosen 1 borc 2 melee healer dok 1 dps dok ;) ?
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

Ads
Collateral

Post#12 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:45 pm

It's hard to close the distance with any group against good 3-2-1 comps. If they know what they are doing, they should almost always win against melee trains. You lack a mara pull with this group, which is a downside of course. But if you use RD effectively, you could still manage closing the gaps with rpds, and use tanks to cc the enemy.

Haojin

Post#13 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:53 pm

i'm gonna try that build one day [for lulz] :

BO 1 [chop fasta+aoe snare+absorb+ da greenest]
BO 2 [thc+aoe snare+absorb+ap drain+da biggest]
Dps Dok 1 [ap drain+vitaliy]
Dps Dok 2 [heal debuff+celerity]
Zea 1 [ ap rit+stagger]
Zea 2 [abosrb rit + self punt + m4]
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

peterthepan3

Post#14 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:04 pm

Haojin wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote:
Arena wrote: Because BG have outgoing heal decreasing and 2 choosens have 6 auras. Bork will work, but choosen is better.
BG outgoing HD, DPS DOK (in BIS gear) will be bringing an AOE 50% incoming HD, and DPS BO (I'd run 2h BO with a 2H BG) will be providing skullthumper and an extra ini debuff that will stack with the BG's CD = more crit = more burst damage. 2 X Chosen just limits your damage potential. It could work against pugs/bad premades, perhaps.

DPS BO & DPS DOK assisting on a target that is wounds/tough/armor debuffed by the BG + M1 Demolishing = <3

Would be an epic setup to test out, and would definitely work against most of order's premades if you played it right.
didn't we make it in the past with 2 chosen 1 borc 2 melee healer dok 1 dps dok ;) ?
Did we/you? I don't remember :shock: . Why not swap out one of those BOs for a BG for extra cheese & a reliable punt!

Agreed re RD (hence why I don't think RD should be removed as it allows classes like dps dok/wp to actually get to ranged without having FM up)

th3gatekeeper

Post#15 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:05 pm

Well, considering most SCs are either PUG groups, or uncoordinated groups sure it will work.

If you ever come across a real group, like a 2-2-2 with real DPS, real tanks, and real healers you will get rolled.

But I would wager you can probably win 8 out of 10 SCs with almost ANY premade group.
Sulfuras - Knight
Viskag - Chosen
Ashkandi - Swordmaster
Syzzle - Bright Wizard
Curz - Marauder
Andrithil - Blackguard

peterthepan3

Post#16 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:14 pm

th3gatekeeper wrote:Well, considering most SCs are either PUG groups, or uncoordinated groups sure it will work.

If you ever come across a real group, like a 2-2-2 with real DPS, real tanks, and real healers you will get rolled.

But I would wager you can probably win 8 out of 10 SCs with almost ANY premade group.
Essentially this ^

There was a time where people would be advised to absolutely steer clear of such 'lol' groups, but in current era of RoR almost anything can work: there are very few thoroughly-cemented premades left, and the competitive element is all but dead (ever since LoB decided to have a break there has been a distinct lack of active challenges on both sides).

My advice would be to try it out and see how it works. If it fails vs those one or two premades that log on once or twice a week in a tryhard 6v6 team? Who cares, focus on the 99% of times that it does work, and derive satisfaction from that.

Collateral

Post#17 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:33 pm

Haojin wrote:i'm gonna try that build one day [for lulz] :

BO 1 [chop fasta+aoe snare+absorb+ da greenest]
BO 2 [thc+aoe snare+absorb+ap drain+da biggest]
Dps Dok 1 [ap drain+vitaliy]
Dps Dok 2 [heal debuff+celerity]
Zea 1 [ ap rit+stagger]
Zea 2 [abosrb rit + self punt + m4]
Or take one bo with waaagh for AA and WS tactic for whole group, and double nidf so you can rotate it. You can essentially have perma shatter limbs on a target, if healers don't cleanse enough, or if they do you can put it up again if necessary. You would lack a kd so it's not the best thing. I would still prefer 3 tanks. You can spec both bos dps, one would be aoe though, but would provide AA for dok (and everyone else), and a group WS buff. Chosen has the punt and kd, and of course all the other goodies. This way both bos can use stat steal and loudmouth for maximum dakka.

freshour
Banned

Post#18 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:22 pm

I've ran a few dual DPS DoK 6 mans - but our setup was:

DPS DOK - AP Drain
DPS DOK - Heal Debuff
(very much so need to be in bis gear to compete at all)

2h BO - aoe snare/armor debuf
SNB Chosen - I believe he had BL armor debuff not entirely sure

Heal Dok
Zealot
(arguably the best combo for 2 healers in the game)

The trick is getting both doks to DE at the same time and assist with the 2h BO. It really helps to have 2 dedicated healers as well as both doks using the M1 lifetap and using their channels to heal the other healers when they are focused and obviously good guard swaps. But it is a fair amount of sustained damage so if their healers slip up... whatever is being focused is going to drop.

Ads
Arena

Post#19 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:27 pm

freshour wrote:I've ran a few dual DPS DoK 6 mans - but our setup was:

DPS DOK - AP Drain
DPS DOK - Heal Debuff
(very much so need to be in bis gear to compete at all)

2h BO - aoe snare/armor debuf
SNB Chosen - I believe he had BL armor debuff not entirely sure

Heal Dok
Zealot
(arguably the best combo for 2 healers in the game)

The trick is getting both doks to DE at the same time and assist with the 2h BO. It really helps to have 2 dedicated healers as well as both doks using the M1 lifetap and using their channels to heal the other healers when they are focused and obviously good guard swaps. But it is a fair amount of sustained damage so if their healers slip up... whatever is being focused is going to drop.
you don't need 2 healers when you already have 2 mdd doks. And bork's snare isn't necessery, because if you gonna have 2 choosens and 1 BG - there is already 3 direct snares in group, which channel damage into one target. Shaman may work beter instead of zeal or 3rd dok, because he can put his snare pool in a distance and make support damage from safe distance.

peterthepan3

Post#20 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:48 pm

Relying on two melee doks in any map other than Eternal Citadel to provide sufficient heals vs a competent order premade = suicide (particularly versus ranged comps, good luck getting off any heals whatsoever).

1 dedicated healer is essential if you wish to fight equal opposition.