Recent Topics

Ads

Sorcerer vs BW

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
szejoza

Re: Sorcerer vs BW

Post#21 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:55 am

Offtopic - as I have read the numbers both classes can get I'm amazed I sometimes manage to kill sorc with my slayer
Think I'll roll the fireclown :o
Spoiler:

Ads
Cimba

Post#22 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:47 am

szejoza wrote:Offtopic - as I have read the numbers both classes can get I'm amazed I sometimes manage to kill sorc with my slayer
I wouldn't give too much credit to these numbers. To get a 3k fireball you would need about 1250 Int/magic power while hitting a target with zero resistance and thoughness. And max rolling on your crit distribution. And of course the target cant have any damage mitigation effects.
The 3k is just a made up number that might be possible in some unrelevant scenario to make the sorc look worse than she is.

Scrilian

Post#23 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:12 am

But don't get me wrong by the way, the first direct damage tree of Sorc is complete dogsh*t compared to BW, even Swell of Gloom and more spirit based attacks paired with the same type of debuff don't cut it compared to FFP, Burn Through, etc.
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

Zealote

Post#24 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:16 am

Cimba wrote:
szejoza wrote:Offtopic - as I have read the numbers both classes can get I'm amazed I sometimes manage to kill sorc with my slayer
I wouldn't give too much credit to these numbers. To get a 3k fireball you would need about 1250 Int/magic power while hitting a target with zero resistance and thoughness. And max rolling on your crit distribution. And of course the target cant have any damage mitigation effects.
The 3k is just a made up number that might be possible in some unrelevant scenario to make the sorc look worse than she is.
My bolstered level 25 2h BG (in green gear, str talis) got a tasty 3351 BB crit yesterday :cry:
Aetir

Haojin

Post#25 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:17 am

warcamp buff or murderball.
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

Fey

Post#26 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:22 am

Play sorc for ten minutes. Get disrupted. Play something else.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

roadkillrobin

Post#27 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:13 am

Tbh. Comparing the "mirrors" is pretty much a waste of time as both realms got pros and cons in other ways. If you start ballancing the game from the mirror perspective you need to do it from scratch were all classes starts out from a blank cheet of paper or else you just gonna end up in other imballances.

Both Sorcs and BW are in the "functional" cathogory and shouldn't really be touched to much imo. They are neither OP or UP in any way.
That to me makes for a ballanced class.

Better would be to focus on classes that are the moast exclusuded out if groups and warbands when you have other choises avikible and try to fill that void.

Bozzax

Post#28 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:21 am

Cimba wrote:you would need about 1250 Int/magic power while hitting a target with zero resistance and thoughness. And max rolling on your crit distribution. And of course the target cant have any damage mitigation effects.
So more or less every time you nuke a Choppa :)

(The fact that you get free undef instas from 20pts into rdps avoidance is almost insulting)
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Ads
Zealote

Post#29 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:43 am

Haojin wrote:warcamp buff or murderball.
I do have trash resists: 386 CR (~= 34.5%), bolstered from 221.

But must've been the former then since it was in RvR. What are the criteria for triggering warcamp buff? Just being in the vicinity of your own wc?
Aetir

Asherdoom

Post#30 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:29 pm

resons why Bright Wizard compared to sorcerer is superior:
lets make an example fo SAME LEVEL, SAME GERA, SAME STATS (identical!) and same level of skill (theoretical world)

Burn Through make skills undefendable (the 2 mains you use as ST) while sorcerer has no suck skill. with recent gear you will read a lot of "Resist" or "Disrupt"

path of immolation playing with fire: heal debuff, which helps when you focus enemy healers . Sorcerer does not have such skill anywhere

on the same path, whitering heat is a 100 meters sanre aoe, sorcerer got a melee aoe snare which is worthless, if you got a melee on you you will die in a matter of seconds, roots or not. (considering also melee are always almost in possessions of skills which removes em)

stop, droop and roll. 100 meters stun? yes please! oh wait,.. sorcerer does not have any of such skills...

aoe is even worse for sorcerer, we got 8- feet 3 seconds cast (3 seconds!!) while BW having same cast time but having explosing force talent they can double the amount of aoe dmg making 3 sec cast time worth it for aoe spells.

all in all i rolled sorcerer for the skin, but do never ever expect to outclass any BW. we have no utility spells, no 100 ft root nor reliable disables or cc. just spam your rotation damage and hope your target goes down. any meee will easily kil you in a rotation and you are forced to wander in warband hoping no one targets you, thing which make it harder in scenarios.
is not all doom and gloom, but dont expect to make miracles either. i got also a BW and believe me, is a WORLD of difference compared to sorcerer.

hope this helped making your mind. good gaming and all the best to you :)