Recent Topics

Ads

About Witch Elfes and their possible tasks

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
BrockRiefenstahl

About Witch Elfes and their possible tasks

Post#1 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:01 pm

Hello Fellow WARheads.

After a longer break, I decided to start a new character because:
Almost a year gone, a new mouse + new keybindings and tons of abilities I have forgotten, wanted to play something I never played in WAR.

because I am not satisfied with playing completely casually, I try to gather as much information and experience from others, as I can.
But the more I dig into the theorycrafting + metalevel, I get more and more frightened, that I wont enjoy the WE anymore when I am 40/40+. As it seems, WE is really funny to solo roam around, thats it. I can be a tryhard (without being experienced) and try to get into a 6 man, but than I always read the question: Why not bring a real melee instead a glasscanon that does not do more dmg than others and is with WH the squishiest ingame without even a charge to finish of runners.

Also, I have played a WH and in Warbands it was the most disappointing thing ever, because even if I played in a WB, I end up 90% of the time a bit abroad to catch some strayed loners or duos that respawn, or enemies heading later to the fight.

I really have a lot of fun, soloing around and killing Orders if they are lonely or 2-3 people without a healer.
Its funny but sometimes you end up for 15 minutes without finding a proper victim to stab the living crap out of them.
With my WH it was fun all the way up to 40/45, then it became boring and I always felt like: Man look at all those ranges or the WL how they contribute andhave a BLAST in the big zergs.

WAR does not seem to have a jack of all trades. :?: :?

My biggest question Is, should I reroll straight right now and save many hours. I guess yes, but what should I play?
Is there a Jack of all trades? I really like to solo or be in very small groups ganking around. But I also want to have fun in big keep fights or scenarios without being reliant to premades 24/7 (or else I end up with 0 support no guard no heal etc...)

I thought about playing a Tank or a Healer but then I have the problem, that double gear farming + permanently respec my build for Warbands and Smallscale is way to expensive and I hate farming only to be able to use the best role for the situation.

Does someone wants to give me his point of view? I feel a little bit stucked in some sort of spiral.
I enjoy WE atm in T2 but I feel it will be a bad wakeup in T4 and a more competetive habitat later on :/

Thanks in advance to those who read that far and maybe want to give some tips.

Ads
Glorian

Re: About Witch Elfes and their possible tasks

Post#2 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:04 pm

Play an Engineer with RR60 and Anni Gear.
Spec magnet and Phosphor shells.

You kill solos, you kill groups with AoE, you heal yourself. Win.

BrockRiefenstahl

Post#3 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:09 pm

Glorian wrote:Play an Engineer with RR60 and Anni Gear.

Hello Glorian, thanks for your reply.
I have played a bit around with Engi in the past (till lvl 30ish). I think its quite fun, but I really cant stand the "peng peng" sounds and the camera angle of Stunties :)

diedrake

Post#4 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:40 pm

Well its up to you really. Instead of tank or heal classes try the mara or choppa out for full dps class.
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

Aurandilaz

Post#5 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:48 pm

Reroll now, save a lot of time. This coming from someone who took their WE to rr66 only to realize they class is unwelcome to Warbands, and suboptimal even for 6mans compared to other available mdps options (mara+mara, or mara+choppa).
Yeah, it can be funny to gank people occasionally, and you can do some nice damage in scenarios and haunt lowbie healers. Any good healer will survive your burst and detaunt and lol back at you. Most WL's consider your cat food, though with some skill you might defeat them from time to time, Slayers are doable with relative ease, and killing rdps requires a proper surprise setting. Bad tanks die, good ones know how not to die to a WE.

If you like the endgame content of this game, it tends to revolved around organized RvR, that is either organized warband play, or organized 6man play as they roam the lakes vanquishing foes or conquering keeps. A Witch Elf has no role in a real warband, as it is the only dps class on Destro side that cannot do reliable AoE pressure, which is the only thing that matters when it comes to large scale fighting. (3 target slice tactic is a joke - 10 sec OYK... pressure every 10 second lmfao)
As for 6mans, WE gets to play the role of a light armoured mdps, whose "burst" is on a 30 sec rotation, or 60 sec if you prefer going by Elixirs. It's laughable choice for a 6man. Sure, some good players can shine on their WE in 6man environment, but considering the class lacks stuff like Pounce/Pull, or even a Charge (wasting a tactic slot to get better Fleet Footed, yeah right), it's just below mediocre. A good WE that rerolls Choppa or Mara becomes far valuable for their respective 6man.

Maybe one day the game will become balanced in a way that allows WE to be useful for Warbands, or become equally good pick for 6man as a Mara, but not for now.

Just reroll.

Glorian

Post#6 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:00 pm

BrockRiefenstahl wrote:
Glorian wrote:Play an Engineer with RR60 and Anni Gear.

Hello Glorian, thanks for your reply.
I have played a bit around with Engi in the past (till lvl 30ish). I think its quite fun, but I really cant stand the "peng peng" sounds and the camera angle of Stunties :)
You should then come to one of our Events.
Two hours hearing 10 Engies doing "peng peng" is really a cacophony of killing. :lol:

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#7 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:01 pm

I see Fusion usually (always?) runs Witch Hunter/White Lion in their premades, and they seem to do pretty well. I wonder what the differences between Witch Hunter and Witch Elf are that allow Csi to do so well while many Witch Elf players, even really good ones like Krima and Nicelook, seem pretty down in the dumps about their use in a group? Is it just the differences in group comp between Order and Destro? I.e. WL+WH means both mdps can burst on a target very quickly (stealth+pounce) and WL with Ensnare+Fetch covers up for WH having few anti-kite tools. Plus SM offtank provides very reliable assist burst, more so than SNB BO (and 2h BO is much squishier). So is it that? Or are there other differences between the two classes that make one better in groups over the other?

I dont play either class, so I have no idea, hence curiosity.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Aurandilaz

Post#8 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:24 pm

GodlessCrom wrote:I see Fusion usually (always?) runs Witch Hunter/White Lion in their premades, and they seem to do pretty well. I wonder what the differences between Witch Hunter and Witch Elf are that allow Csi to do so well while many Witch Elf players, even really good ones like Krima and Nicelook, seem pretty down in the dumps about their use in a group? Is it just the differences in group comp between Order and Destro? I.e. WL+WH means both mdps can burst on a target very quickly (stealth+pounce) and WL with Ensnare+Fetch covers up for WH having few anti-kite tools. Plus SM offtank provides very reliable assist burst, more so than SNB BO (and 2h BO is much squishier). So is it that? Or are there other differences between the two classes that make one better in groups over the other?

I dont play either class, so I have no idea, hence curiosity.
Thing is, Csi is a good player who would probably be a good dps player choice regardless of the dps class chosen. Good players do decently enough even on bad classes.
Apart from Csi (who stubbornly plays a WH when he would probably be far more lethal on his WL), how many other premades bother with WE or WH? And how many have come to the realization, "nah, lets just go with Mara/Wl instead".
What makes WH+WL work well enough is WL doing the main damage, with WH "specializing" in healdebuffing, spamming both Inc and Outgoing with relative ease, so that the WL has easier time chopping down his meat with the giant axe. And WH has one extra special goodie as well, midtree M4, Excommunicate?, which is possibly a 6v6 fight defining ability that can seal the enemy to their death as they cannot be healed via any means.
Another thing that certainly fuggs up things for WE's more than for WHs, is that WL pet doesn't care if you are invisible, (same for SH pets), but in melee fights there certainly tend to be quite many WL pets around screwing it for the WEs. (though it can happen that a wild SH appears and make life miserable for the WH)

Ads
GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#9 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:31 pm

Chances of a melee dps getting to m4 in a 6v6 seem low to me (cue roadkillrobin jumping in with his "b-b-but AM morale pump!" :D ) but yeah Excommunicate is pretty good in theory. I feel like if a good player does well on a class, that means other good players can do so as well, but I understand if others dont wanna bother with a less viable class. Didnt know pets see through stealth, that blows.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Aurandilaz

Post#10 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:53 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not sure Mara's go for moral drain all the time, meaning no drain in typical ST specs?
Getting M4 should be doable anywhere between 150-200 seconds, depending on how moral scalers decide to work on that day. WH getting Excomminate, when not wasted, means an almost certain kill.

Another question is, should this player become a decent teamplayer on a subpar class, or should they become an amazing team carrier and death incarnate on a better class? Even if the player is a god amongst gits, there is only so much that certain classes can do even when pushed to their maximum. And in current state of game balance, WE is certainly behind Mara, even behind Choppa when it comes to warband pressure creation potential due to total shaite AoE damage.