Recent Topics

Ads

Sorc melee solo roaming spec.

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Zxul

Sorc melee solo roaming spec.

Post#1 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:39 pm

Was trying to came up with a spec for a sorc which will:

1. Be actually working.
2. Melee.
3. Solo roaming- no tank or healer.

What I came up with is this:

http://www.ror.builders/career/sorcerer ... ,5387,5425

All talis toughness, maxed renown toughness, rest crit. 3 parts dom, rest mix of 2 other sets for 2x int bonus.

On dok with no toughness set bonuses/toughness tactics I have 537 toughness, so with extra 66 from dom sorc will have 600 toughness base. Grasping Darkness tactic is equivalent of another 120 toughness, so the sorc will have the equivalent of 720 toughness- judging by dok experience, should be enough to put the sorc into dps tank lvl of mitigation despite having low armor.

Jewelry preferably Fleshrender regen, int or toughness version.

Absorb Vitality + hot pots+ regen from jewelry will provide the healing. In addition, the epic quest staff gives a proc for 10% on being hit for 73 wounds buff- if it refreshes, that's another 730 heal every 10 hits.

Abilities order vise, build DM if can pre fight as per usual, start with Doombolt from range if can, then Gloomburst- Black Horror for the 20 sec init debuff- Chillwind- Absorb Vitality- spam Doombolt with 1.5 sec cast time at melee range. Fit Frostbite between Doombolts.

No spirit debuff in spec, but most of the dmg is corp anyway.

As extra bonus- since backlash dmg doesn't scales with int, it ignores toughness- so Piercing Shadows tactic should do a lot of dmg to high toughness targets.

Echo of Power vs high disrupt targets.

When solo surfing zerg, spam Black Horror from range for renown/kills- no CD on it nicely enough.

Who feels like trying?
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Ads
peterthepan3

Re: Sorc melee solo roaming spec.

Post#2 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:42 pm

Click here to watch on YouTube

It can work. I'm not sure if Korze stacked armor/toughness.

Eathisword

Post#3 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:30 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: It can work. I'm not sure if Korze stacked armor/toughness.
Oh for having dueled him a bunch, I would believe he definitely stacked toughness. Probably wounds also. Was a funky build man.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

Dabbart

Post#4 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:53 am

Yes, he stacked toughness. I remember him mitigating my WH at stupid levels... Before he smoked me. Three times in a row. No idea what the build was though.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Haojin

Post#5 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:44 am

not gonna work. you dont have impending doom, hand of ruin, shadow of disaster, vision of domination. how you gonna kill people without them ? black horror ? echo of power ? piercing shadows ? is this a bad joke ?

most optimal solo build for me is: http://www.ror.builders/career/sorcerer ... ,5420,5401

or this : http://www.ror.builders/career/sorcerer ... ,5420,5387

for the main stat: after several test duels agaist one of the best wl in the server -abyssphere- i convinced wounds is my best bet. my solo sorc gear is :

2 piece annihilator -with wounds talisman- shoulder/chest
4 piece conquerer -with wounds talisman-
3 piece beastlord -with wounds talisman-
2 piece genesis
subj -free ap- or inf staff -fast morale-

ps: tests made with exactly same gear above with 7 x armor talisman / 7 x toughness talisman / 7 x int talisman.

for the renown points :
4X crit = 45 points
the rest optional: i personally love to see my wounds 10 k agaist burst damage but you definetly gonna need rd/cw when solo ing. also, double healing potion/ap potion is a must if you want soloing.

but still, sorc isn't optimal class for solo roaming, i'd say reroll a wl / mara / sh / sw / we / wh for it.
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

Nidwin

Post#6 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:03 am

Don't get me wrong but shouldn't you roll a Magus if you truly want to melee solo on a rpds ?
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

KikkL
Banned

Post#7 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:20 am

Zxul wrote:Was trying to came up with a spec for a sorc which will:

1. Be actually working.
2. Melee.
3. Solo roaming- no tank or healer.
I've came to realize a very sad fact about this game. You can't really turn a DPS class into a defensive class.

On all my builds I focus on defense, even DPS classes. All it does is gimp you. This is a DPS game, its all about DPS. Even tanks stack str..

You stack tough/wds/armor on a DPS class its a joke, it does nothing. I've brought many DPS classes to 40 with this mindset its a huge pain with little reward.
Not only that others won't have a clue what you're trying to attempt. You will live an extra 4,5 hits tops.
You almost have to play to your class. The only exception is tank, they can go DPS/defense. The rest don't even try.

Maybe I sound bitter, frustrated. Its just making a DPS class defense speccd doesn't do enough most of the time. You don't actually live long enough to do anything special. The game wasn't designed in a way to have creative defense/DPS builds. Its just DPS. No class in this game can out tank/live anyone. Except defensive tanks or highly geared speccd healers.

Its a solo dps game. Nothing about it involves others. It takes 1 person to kill you not many. But it takes many to save/protect you. Think about it.

Zxul

Post#8 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:55 pm

Haojin wrote:not gonna work. you dont have impending doom, hand of ruin, shadow of disaster, vision of domination. how you gonna kill people without them ? black horror ? echo of power ? piercing shadows ? is this a bad joke ?
The classic abilities have no use for the spec, so they are left at trainer.

The main source of dmg in this spec is CQ+Doombolt combo, with high mitigation allowing to tank in melee to deliver it instead of having to rely on preloaded burst from range. In addition, since in this spec most of fights are melee range, Piercing Shadows does provides a significant dmg boost- assuming 6 k hp and full DM, Piercing Shadows should do 600 aoe dmg which ignores toughness mitigation, on every third cast.

Black Horror is a crit chance buff, adding more dmg. Echo of Power is nice to have since all the disrupts after the last patch.

Most of the dmg in this spec is corp, so Shadow of Disaster doesn't offers a dmg boost.

In addition, this spec should work nicely teamed with dps zealot- zealot's aoe corp resist debuff combined with Black Horror+CQ combo should deliver high dmg, while in turn zealot aoe will benefit from extra dmg from Black Horror aoe crit chance buff.
Nidwin wrote:Don't get me wrong but shouldn't you roll a Magus if you truly want to melee solo on a rpds ?
Had a magus with melee spec back on live actually (LLell), and indeed worked nicely, was trying to see however if i can find a working melee solo spec for sorc.
KikkL wrote:I've came to realize a very sad fact about this game. You can't really turn a DPS class into a defensive class.

On all my builds I focus on defense, even DPS classes. All it does is gimp you. This is a DPS game, its all about DPS. Even tanks stack str..

No class in this game can out tank/live anyone. Except defensive tanks or highly geared speccd healers.

Its a solo dps game. Nothing about it involves others. It takes 1 person to kill you not many. But it takes many to save/protect you. Think about it.
Tank spec solo magus does works very nice actually (back on live I used high mitigation+ CQ+ Havoc abilities at melee range, spec based on high mitigation + Daemonic Maw spam + some way to deal with AP cost should work nicely as well).

Here I play high mitigation specced dps dok, and it works very nicely.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#9 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:03 pm

tank/solo-spec'd magus is the bane of tanks/MDPS... Bolt of Change/Aegis/Toughness tactic/gear = gg

Delirio

Post#10 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:21 pm

helllo ,

this is the best kill machine sorc in my opinion
http://www.ror.builders/career/sorcerer ... ,5415,5399

agreee with haojin wound socket set .... but running solo sorc is not a good idea to many junpers there ..like wh ,wl ,sw, and sm
cheers!
Cosmine / sorc

Wanka / mara

Scalvo / wpriest