Recent Topics

Ads

WE might

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Atropik

WE might

Post#1 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:29 pm

Nothing but nostalgia thread about good old times

Have to say it scaled with mastrery, so WE had 1.5k armor debuff, WL/Mara didnt xd
Area on effect kd
and aoe WB
Core lvl 20

All of that stuff could crit, kisses, opener, WB, riposte
Nicelook | Obey

Ads
Coma

Re: WE might

Post#2 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:42 pm

well to be compltely honest... some of those were indeed OP behind reason (sharpened edge and healer's bane in particular)... other are things who's change I don't really understand (OYK... in that version wasn't really more powerfull that the current mara AoE KD... and was weaker than chosen OLD quake...)

beside those there were also other things that greatly strengtened WE compared to what it is now... for example WB without ICD, AA during channeling, and CC not sharing Immunity (you could chain KD with disarm/silence for a full 7 second long disable... that was really HELL for everyone meeting a WE... and seriously went too much over the line...)

Miszczu5647

Post#3 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:12 pm

2008? I played order then. When i meet WE I always was on my knees screaming in increase pain :D
Lots of this was OP but it show theme of WE - ignoring armor.
Nostalgia is real ;)
Srul - Shaman
Sruula - Witch Elf
Jurwulf Srulson - Chosen

Krima

Post#4 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:43 pm

All of these fits the Witch Elf lore and archetype...

All this stuff could still be around.. but instead of removing it would be a good idea just to balance the %numbers.

Funny how.. WE had armor debuff before now WLs has it on medium armor
Witchbrew was Spiritual Dmg synergying with wracking pains and now does corp dmg.

After all the nerf they turned the class into SPAM AW BOT! :)
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

Panzerkasper

Post#5 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:09 pm

Krima wrote:All of these fits the Witch Elf lore and archetype...

All this stuff could still be around.. but instead of removing it would be a good idea just to balance the %numbers.

Funny how.. WE had armor debuff before now WLs has it on medium armor
Witchbrew was Spiritual Dmg synergying with wracking pains and now does corp dmg.

After all the nerf they turned the class into SPAM AW BOT! :)
Yep exactly. I would really like to see sharpened edge giving higher armor bypass for finishers or something like that.
And if WB would be abled to crit, oh man... this skill finally would be worth it.

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

Atropik

Post#6 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:12 pm

Extracted with Wayback Machine

http://web.archive.org/web/200809280202 ... db.com:80/

Lots of interesting stuff can be found there, like racial DE +5% crit tactic, BW immolatioan tree with armor debuff but without WoP analog, old gimped mara etc. Original Mythic veiw on how classes supposed to work is precious.
Nicelook | Obey

Aurandilaz

Post#7 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:57 pm

man I bet back then Witch Elves ate classes like WL for breakfeast instead of the current roleplaying as catfood. :D
I wonder why they changed WB from Spirit to Corp, why ruin a good Dark Elf Spirit dmg synergy?

WE with armor debuffs would be amazing, maybe the class could do something else than spam Agonizing Wound until there is a hole in your keyboard...

Coma

Post#8 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:26 pm

Aurandilaz wrote:man I bet back then Witch Elves ate classes like WL for breakfeast instead of the current roleplaying as catfood. :D
I wonder why they changed WB from Spirit to Corp, why ruin a good Dark Elf Spirit dmg synergy?

WE with armor debuffs would be amazing, maybe the class could do something else than spam Agonizing Wound until there is a hole in your keyboard...
original WE was a killing machine... let alone WL or other MDPS... they pratically melted everything that locked on... Rutless assault was dealing sensless damages (and it didn't stop AA so you were getting them on top of the absurd damage from the channel...) kiss increased proc + FF (at the time BW didn't have the equivalent and it was Sorc only...) and Covenant... pratically made it so than one full channeling was able to deal 7/8k damage... and it was a time where conqueror like now on RoR was the best equip avaible ^^' ...

than as everytime with deserved nerf... they overnerfed WE a lot... they were later upped a little but the "scare" that they had inprinted on most player was left there...

Ads
userkiller

Post#9 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:50 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5VBgp15nDQ&t

Dunno if you saw this already, pre 1.2 Witch Elf video, poor quality.
Revvo - WL

Atropik

Post#10 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:09 pm

Famous video with over 30k views. Take a look on Slice crit damage, it might come to 2k, in 1.2 Slice base damage was significantly nerfed, exactly that move in a couple with putting Increased Pain in Treachury and SE+PA being reworked/removed made WE - AW spam bot.

Tropik was also known as a famous Bathing in Blood tactic exploiter, BiB could stack up to several times and could also crit, so WE could have a lot of self heals near to any PvE spot
Nicelook | Obey