Recent Topics

Ads

BG toughness buff still snapshoted

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Jinxypie

BG toughness buff still snapshoted

Post#1 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:43 pm

What the title says.
Dots and choppas/slayers inc dmg based on rage now adjust on the go, yet the buff from hateful strike(with tactic) is still snapshoted. So it wont update on lets say 90hate when inicially applied on 30.

Bug or not?
DoK RR80+, Chosen RR80+, Choppa RR70+, SH RR75+ WP RR65+

Ads
peterthepan3

Re: BG toughness buff still snapshoted

Post#2 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:48 pm

Hasn't it always been like this? It makes sense to me...if you use it at a lower level, just reapply it again once you have 100 hate. Tell me if I'm not understanding you correctly!

Zegota

Post#3 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:51 pm

It was always like that, even live.

DokB

Post#4 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:52 pm

Probably a stupid question, but are you reapplying the skill once you reach 90 hate? I was under the impression you always needed to reapply with all buffs/skills like that the BG/IB has?
I can't say I noticed the skill buff/toughness updating as your hate goes up.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Sulorie

Post#5 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:52 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:Hasn't it always been like this? It makes sense to me...if you use it at a lower level, just reapply it again once you have 100 hate. Tell me if I'm not understanding you correctly!
This is how it works and should work. Working as intended IMO.
Dying is no option.

Jinxypie

Post#6 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:53 pm

Didnt play on live but... same could be said about dots, their dmg didnt adjust on the go untill recently. So it only makes sense to work that way it this case as well.

Coma

Post#7 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:53 pm

Jinxypie wrote:What the title says.
Dots and choppas/slayers inc dmg based on rage now adjust on the go, yet the buff from hateful strike(with tactic) is still snapshoted. So it wont update on lets say 90hate when inicially applied on 30.

Bug or not?
don't think is a bug... damage is calculated when inflicted (so DoT damage is recalculated every time they tick and this lead to choppa/SL reciving different damages based on their frenzy lvl)... buff are calculated when applied (they don't tick or anything else they are static bonuses that last for a fixed amount of time)... the only buff type that I could see adjusting while active is Aura buff from chosen/Kotbs since it is a toggle (and it also continuously check for range to see who is within and who not) and not a "duration" buff, for all other buff their effect is calculated on application, if you want a stronger buff than you should reapply it... also note that this goes 2 way... while it's true that you dont get the buff boosted if you apply it at 0 hatred and than rise your mechanic to 100... it also mean that if you apply it with 100 hatred and than use your hatred spening abilities lowering your mechanic resource to say 20 you will still benefit form the high value buff for it's full duration (that is 20 second so you really have all the time to empty your hatred pool and refill it again in order to reapply the buff)

This is especially simple with the buff you'r talking about since it is generated by a spammable, low cost ability.

roadkillrobin

Post#8 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:00 pm

Jinxypie wrote:Didnt play on live but... same could be said about dots, their dmg didnt adjust on the go untill recently. So it only makes sense to work that way it this case as well.
DoT's/HoT's were progressive on live. Each tick was checking with it's caster and reciptient for each individual tick.

Buffs/debuffs have always been snapshoted.

Ads
Jinxypie

Post#9 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:08 pm

roadkillrobin wrote:
Jinxypie wrote:Didnt play on live but... same could be said about dots, their dmg didnt adjust on the go untill recently. So it only makes sense to work that way it this case as well.
DoT's/HoT's were progressive on live. Each tick was checking with it's caster and reciptient for each individual tick.

Buffs/debuffs have always been snapshoted.
Ok, then it makes sense now. Thx