Recent Topics

Ads

WE's: Post/Discuss your current spec/build

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Aurandilaz

Re: WE's: Post/Discuss your current spec/build

Post#31 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:43 pm

Regarding inc Healdebuff, it's something you might want to have if you running meleetrain premade.
Have fun counting all the WEs on server that run in a proper meleetrain premade, you probably don't need more than the fingers of one hand if not less...

Ads
Madcatmech
Suspended

Post#32 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:55 pm

I fight destro premades pretty regularly, and I can say that there are quite a few guilds that employ a WE/mara combo and lemme tell you that the amount of pressure they can deliver is amazing. Much more volatile than a mara/choppa combo.

Miszczu5647

Post#33 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:15 pm

Spoiler:
rngvp wrote:
Miszczu5647 wrote:
rngvp wrote:I'm curious.. why WE are not running hd? It's an obvious choice with WB but with sac stab no one seems to use it. Is there another class that has a better option or is PA too good to not use?
Spoiler:

"No one" is a little overextended ;)
Apologies, I just meant in the context of this forum post.. I haven't seen anyone link a build that used it.
Don't need to apologize. It's very experimental build. Good for catching healers. But sometimes I miss PA.
Srul - Shaman
Sruula - Witch Elf
Jurwulf Srulson - Chosen

Nidwin

Post#34 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:28 am

rngvp wrote: 15%+15%+15% = 45% if they all stack. Do you think 1 15% tactic is better than Brute Force or Increased Pain?
Brute Force -> 160 / 5 -> +32 damage (if not soft capped in strenght) down to +16 damage if already soft capped before brute force

15% on a 200 damage hit -> + 30 damage
15% on a 500 damage hit -> + 75 damage

It's a choice I think as higher strenght also gives a couple of other advantages.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Xavory

Post#35 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:37 pm

Great feedback! A few thoughts:

Krima's Max AW Spam build is simple and works. I would add this: Drop one point down in the Treachery Tree and grab Sac Stab, if for no other reason than it's a Free 900-1700 point heal every 10 seconds....and a snare. The Damage and AA speed boost are just icing on the cake. You won't lose much damage on AW, but having SS in your bag is worth it.

I also agree that if you are running the SS build for 6 man/SC/group play, I'd pick up swift movements over BF as Nidwinkk said, although you might avoid this until you are at least RR50 and/or decently geared enough to make up for the loss of STR (which is why I'm not running it yet)

As for all the +15% damage tactics, i'll just add this: while it seems they do all stack, the chances of getting ToB to proc during the 10 second window of Masterful Treachery is small unless you are opening from stealth into a big fight. Food for thought. Also, if yo u are Witchbrew spec, neither ToB or MT boost WB damage from what I can tell (please correct me if I'm wrong). Flanking however, does.

As for Heal Debuff, Most specs mentioned here (SS, WB) can swap PA with BLB from a cost standpoint. For soloing, it's typically not needed. For grouping, if your group doesn't have HD covered already, it can easily fit into most "group focused" specs without issue.

Lastly on WLs, The ones who are glass cannons that typically don't solo, I can melt. As has been mentioned, the ones (Guardian) that have the gear and RR's and knowledge are basically solo God's. All things being equal it typically requires a big mistake on the part of the WL to lose.

To a lesser extent, I'm having issues with WH's and what appears to be the latency between my location (US) and the servers, with regards to Repel Blasphemy. I can Sever RB almost instantly (same timestamp/GCD) and still take 1000 damage from Riposte hits due to what I can only assume is the lag between the players and the servers. My current counter I am working on is simply a more defensive setup that can deal with those "extra" Riposte hits from RB.
Xzavory (SM), Xzave (WP)
Montague

Xavory (WE), Xtacy (Sorc)
Molon Labe

Xavette (WH of DOOM)

Krima

Post#36 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:09 pm

Xavory wrote:Great feedback! A few thoughts:

Krima's Max AW Spam build is simple and works. I would add this: Drop one point down in the Treachery Tree and grab Sac Stab, if for no other reason than it's a Free 900-1700 point heal every 10 seconds....and a snare. The Damage and AA speed boost are just icing on the cake. You won't lose much damage on AW, but having SS in your bag is worth it.

I also agree that if you are running the SS build for 6 man/SC/group play, I'd pick up swift movements over BF as Nidwinkk said, although you might avoid this until you are at least RR50 and/or decently geared enough to make up for the loss of STR (which is why I'm not running it yet)

As for all the +15% damage tactics, i'll just add this: while it seems they do all stack, the chances of getting ToB to proc during the 10 second window of Masterful Treachery is small unless you are opening from stealth into a big fight. Food for thought. Also, if yo u are Witchbrew spec, neither ToB or MT boost WB damage from what I can tell (please correct me if I'm wrong). Flanking however, does.

As for Heal Debuff, Most specs mentioned here (SS, WB) can swap PA with BLB from a cost standpoint. For soloing, it's typically not needed. For grouping, if your group doesn't have HD covered already, it can easily fit into most "group focused" specs without issue.

Lastly on WLs, The ones who are glass cannons that typically don't solo, I can melt. As has been mentioned, the ones (Guardian) that have the gear and RR's and knowledge are basically solo God's. All things being equal it typically requires a big mistake on the part of the WL to lose.

To a lesser extent, I'm having issues with WH's and what appears to be the latency between my location (US) and the servers, with regards to Repel Blasphemy. I can Sever RB almost instantly (same timestamp/GCD) and still take 1000 damage from Riposte hits due to what I can only assume is the lag between the players and the servers. My current counter I am working on is simply a more defensive setup that can deal with those "extra" Riposte hits from RB.

Ive been testing the following quite alot
http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=we; ... :;0:0:0:0: I just wish SS could hit as hard as puncture...the base dmg is rly low...Lots of time when I use SS my target is left wih 10% or 20% HP and make me thinks if using a puncture or a single AW would have done the job.

Server Blessing can be parried now...If you are taking 1000 dmg from riposte, you actualy didnt Sever RB. My current counter to WH is simple agile escape and dont fight...RB + BAL dmg is something very hard to deal with, especially after removal of CW and BAL thicks cant be parried also.

- Witchbrew + Flanking its a must !
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

SilverWF
Suspended

Post#37 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:12 pm

Krima wrote:and BAL thicks cant be parried also
Wut? is it true? isn't it a DOT?
Bretin: "destru classes are in general better for solo play" :lol:
A lot of addons here | Just a few T3 vids from live game | Remove IP-blocking at forum!

vianiznice

Post#38 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:29 pm

rngvp wrote:
SilverWF wrote:
rngvp wrote:I'm curious.. why WE are not running hd? It's an obvious choice with WB but with sac stab no one seems to use it. Is there another class that has a better option or is PA too good to not use?

Separate question.. Do Masterful treachery, ToB, and flanking all stack? and if so would it be worth it to replace IP or BF with one of those?
You don't really need it for solo or pug. There is only few cases where you would need it and that cases are easily avoidable.

What does mean "stack"? They adds to each other, so +15% and +15% would give you +30%
But going full glass cannon is pretty risky, you know...

Miszczu5647, you broke the forum! :lol:
15%+15%+15% = 45% if they all stack. Do you think 1 15% tactic is better than Brute Force or Increased Pain?

WE is always glass cannon methinks :lol:
They do not stack :(

Ads
Xavory

Post#39 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:33 pm

Krima wrote:Server Blessing can be parried now...If you are taking 1000 dmg from riposte, you actualy didnt Sever RB.
I thought SB was made undefendable for WH/WE in a patch a month or so ago, no? Can we confirm?

Patch Notes 30/9/2017 - "Witch Hunter and Witch Elf abilities Sever Blessing are now undefendable (This is ONLY WH/WE, the rest are defendable against as per live)"

Also, in the case of taking the damage from Riposte, Sever wasn't parried: I have looked over the logs. What happens is that between the time the Hat hit's RB, and it registeres on my screen/client, and I hit SB, I've taking several Riposte hits. Thats my theory anyway. It's not always enough to do 1k dmg, but in one extreme case thats about what I was hit for before the server recognized SB.
Xzavory (SM), Xzave (WP)
Montague

Xavory (WE), Xtacy (Sorc)
Molon Labe

Xavette (WH of DOOM)

Krima

Post#40 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:42 pm

Xavory wrote:
Krima wrote:Server Blessing can be parried now...If you are taking 1000 dmg from riposte, you actualy didnt Sever RB.
I thought SB was made undefendable for WH/WE in a patch a month or so ago, no? Can we confirm?

Patch Notes 30/9/2017 - "Witch Hunter and Witch Elf abilities Sever Blessing are now undefendable (This is ONLY WH/WE, the rest are defendable against as per live)"

Also, in the case of taking the damage from Riposte, Sever wasn't parried: I have looked over the logs. What happens is that between the time the Hat hit's RB, and it registeres on my screen/client, and I hit SB, I've taking several Riposte hits. Thats my theory anyway. It's not always enough to do 1k dmg, but in one extreme case thats about what I was hit for before the server recognized SB.
It was reverted ... mainly because after RB it would get insta servered due to everyone have SB before anything else in their nerfedbuttons sequence.
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek: