Recent Topics

Ads

WE's: Post/Discuss your current spec/build

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
facundo7777

Re: WE's: Post/Discuss your current spec/build

Post#51 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:00 am

BrockRiefenstahl wrote:40/49

running http://www.ror.builders/career/witch-el ... ,5612,5601 Edit: Cant copy another link from this thread change the build and repost ist. Somehow RoR builder dont work like that. Link fixed now.

Havent played my WE since a week or two.
For me Sacrificial Stab isnt worth it. I play mostly my ganking spec and I want maximum burst and kill my victim as fast as possible. I also have the parry tactic and switch set before engaging with a melee or tank. There are not many tanks who can win a 1v1. Mostly are bad and the few good ones you will remember their names and not engage them :-P The rest can all be won if you dont make a mistake or have a totally unlucky noncritstreak.

I had also played a long time with OYK it is very good especially for scenarios. But I mostly solo roam, and this was the best for my playstyle. WB is crap for my purpose, tested once and after 30 minutes instantly respecced. And sacrificial stab seems nice and all, but its trashtier dmg + I have no purpose for the snare nor autoattack buff. Either my target is dead, or I will die anyways if the time window gets that long.
it looks rly good imo but skiping brute force?

Ads
ToXoS

Post#52 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:12 pm

The more I play WE, the more I miss my Assassin in Age of Conan...
Anyway,
What do you guys/gals think of Witchbrew as it is right now?
Is it a good "finisher" or should I just spam AW with the +15% crit tactic?
WE/WH are both supposed to be the squishy high-burst stealthers, and while I can do the job well with my WH (special thanks to BaL being an actual GOOD finisher), I can't kill a soft target as quickly with my WE.
I know the devs tried to do something with sacrificial stab, but currently it still isn't worth it.

Atropik

Post#53 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:42 pm

- witchbrew provides the highest dps output comparing to all the other stuff we has,
- 15% crit tactic is a crap and wasted slot,
- new SS is a joke,
- the Devs, with all the respect, have no idea how WE shoul perform, or WE skills should work.
Nicelook | Obey

alusnova

Post#54 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:07 am

Sac stab is garbage still and yet the WH got the WE OYK skill in DG ? ... I don't like straight mirror classes but if they are going to copy skills then even the playing field and give the WE a BAL finisher.

Aurandilaz

Post#55 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:43 am

SS works as part of meleetrain, increases your dmg output over longer fights due to more AA. Doesn't increase burst much though and kinda bad as finisher.
Puncture or Ruthless Assault remain as least-worst finisher options.

Maybe one day Witchbrew becomes like it was on live, when it critted and lacked iCD.

ToXoS

Post#56 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:02 am

I just tried Witchbrew for 2 hours and a half.
I think I'm going to stick with my WH :lol:
By hitting squishies witchbrew gives me 400 damage with an ICD of something like 1.5 sec.
On the same target, BaL gives me an undefendable dot that hits for 1200 damage on crit and 1600+ at the end of the dot.

WE needs a good finisher that's for sure, because right now it's just sad.

alusnova

Post#57 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:11 am

Exactly I play WH and WE and they have not addressed the fact that the WE does not have a good finisher and are almost forced to AW spam and keep the 15% tactic instead , trust me if we had a good finisher I would not slot the 15% crit and actually use my finisher .

roadkillrobin

Post#58 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:16 am

Im running Black Lotus + Witch Brew and HS + IP.

I really can't see a build without Increase Pain tbh. Its just as much of a curse as it's a no brainer tactic. The same paradox that makes AW your bread and butter attack rather then EB or Slice. You can't play without em coz it's the only thing that makes your class stand out in a competive way and the other choises just can't stand up to the performance.

Ads
Aurandilaz

Post#59 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:26 pm

roadkillrobin wrote:Im running Black Lotus + Witch Brew and HS + IP.

I really can't see a build without Increase Pain tbh. Its just as much of a curse as it's a no brainer tactic. The same paradox that makes AW your bread and butter attack rather then EB or Slice. You can't play without em coz it's the only thing that makes your class stand out in a competive way and the other choises just can't stand up to the performance.
Slice would make sense if it was the go-to AoE option, alas the tactic for 3 target Slice is beyond "meh" in its current form. Even at 9 targets it would still be questionable whether to give WE a slot in WB.
Envenomed Blade.... I don't ever remember a situation where I would have chosen to use it. As it is in midtree, with BLB and WB, it would probably make sense as a "tank grinder" poison over time spec, if it did say Spirit/Corp/Elemental dmg, but the current physical dmg minor DoT is quite terribad, especially when compared with classic AW that actually goes through armour. But considering how even DoT dmg is now Parried/Blocked, probably also meh because it is not the classic real burst that AW offers by going through armour.

roadkillrobin

Post#60 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:46 pm

I have some sugestions for Slice and EB comming soon in the ballance forums.