Recent Topics

Ads

WE's: Post/Discuss your current spec/build

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Xavory

WE's: Post/Discuss your current spec/build

Post#1 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:18 pm

Since the Sac Stab buffs, I've seen a few higher RR WE's running this. I've done some playing around with it myself. I know a few still running WB, a couple running OYK and probably a few running the cookie cutter Carnage/treachery build.

Depending on situation, I'm having the most success with WB in groups and OYK when soloing. RR41 WE with middle of the road gearing. I'd love to hear what's working best or even most fun for some of the higher WE's out there currently.
Xzavory (SM), Xzave (WP)
Montague

Xavory (WE), Xtacy (Sorc)
Molon Labe

Xavette (WH of DOOM)

Ads
Nidwin

Re: WE's: Post/Discuss your current spec/build

Post#2 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:13 am

31RR43 here

Melee critt maxed out as much as possible and STR afterwards (glass canon build)
Feinted position on 20s CD with tactic
awawawawawawawawaw till death

But I'm neither a pro or higher WE so my opinion doesn't matter.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Miszczu5647

Post#3 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:24 am

http://www.ror.builders/career/witch-el ... ,5606,5612

Not a spec I want to but I am testing sacrificial stab (snare is great) and buffed Kiss of Doom (rather medicor still).
Srul - Shaman
Sruula - Witch Elf
Jurwulf Srulson - Chosen

SilverWF
Suspended

Post#4 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:21 pm

Hm is it really worth to take Sacrifices Rewarded instead of Frenzied Mayhem?
And no Increased Pain at all...
Bretin: "destru classes are in general better for solo play" :lol:
A lot of addons here | Just a few T3 vids from live game | Remove IP-blocking at forum!

Miszczu5647

Post#5 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:34 pm

SilverWF wrote:Hm is it really worth to take Sacrifices Rewarded instead of Frenzied Mayhem?
And no Increased Pain at all...
I am the fan of this tactic. ;)
Frenzied Mayhem is not mandatory tactic for WE. Search forum for opinions from betters than me, like Krima or Atropik about it.
I know IP value. This particular build is for testing something else.
Srul - Shaman
Sruula - Witch Elf
Jurwulf Srulson - Chosen

Aurandilaz

Post#6 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:27 pm

my normal OYK+PA+HS build
http://www.ror.builders/career/witch-el ... ,5611,5612

currently testing this build
http://www.ror.builders/career/witch-el ... ,5604,5612

The above one is easier to pull off, since it allows you to make minor mistakes with KD placement and allow catching rdps that make the mistake of being within 30 feet of you, with OYK knocking them down so you can actually catch them.
PA is in both builds for the generally high dmg + WS boost for AA dmg increase, it hits hard on any target.
The build below I'm only trying recently, and still using it because I'm trying to save money and not respec too often. :D
The snare is somewhat helpful, but losing OYK utility of catching rdps or fleeing people hurts.

I'd recommend the first build for 90% of situations, and the 2nd one only if you are in a meleetrain where someone actually guards you, other people actually CC targets and snare them down properly, so that the AA proc actually does not become wasted. (you willingly hit a inferior dmg finisher to gain more AAs, so you better have something close to you that you can hit for next 10 seconds)

Problem is getting WE (worst destro meleetrain class) into a proper premade. It can work sometimes when pugging scs, but for that you need the stars to align. ;)
I've had maybe dozens of Scs where I wish I had specced for OYK, and maybe 3-5 scs when I'm like "oh yeah take those AA hits and die muahahahah" scs.

But sometimes, even when pugging (2scrub4premades), the stars align (excellent tanks in my party, weird order setup)

as for renown, get that meleecrit to the max, and I'd recommend QuickEscape as well.
Unless you know you are going to duel a lot, I don't invest much into parry. Dodge+Disrupt is awesome as well, especially now they are very efficient at keeping you alive from enemy rdps. (DeftDefender to the max meta ftw)

SilverWF
Suspended

Post#7 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:43 pm

Aurandilaz wrote:my normal OYK+PA+HS build
http://www.ror.builders/career/witch-el ... ,5611,5612

currently testing this build
http://www.ror.builders/career/witch-el ... ,5604,5612

The above one is easier to pull off, since it allows you to make minor mistakes with KD placement and allow catching rdps that make the mistake of being within 30 feet of you, with OYK knocking them down so you can actually catch them.
PA is in both builds for the generally high dmg + WS boost for AA dmg increase, it hits hard on any target.
The build below I'm only trying recently, and still using it because I'm trying to save money and not respec too often. :D
The snare is somewhat helpful, but losing OYK utility of catching rdps or fleeing people hurts.

I'd recommend the first build for 90% of situations, and the 2nd one only if you are in a meleetrain where someone actually guards you, other people actually CC targets and snare them down properly, so that the AA proc actually does not become wasted. (you willingly hit a inferior dmg finisher to gain more AAs, so you better have something close to you that you can hit for next 10 seconds)

Problem is getting WE (worst destro meleetrain class) into a proper premade. It can work sometimes when pugging scs, but for that you need the stars to align. ;)
I've had maybe dozens of Scs where I wish I had specced for OYK, and maybe 3-5 scs when I'm like "oh yeah take those AA hits and die muahahahah" scs.

But sometimes, even when pugging (2scrub4premades), the stars align (excellent tanks in my party, weird order setup)

as for renown, get that meleecrit to the max, and I'd recommend QuickEscape as well.
Unless you know you are going to duel a lot, I don't invest much into parry. Dodge+Disrupt is awesome as well, especially now they are very efficient at keeping you alive from enemy rdps. (DeftDefender to the max meta ftw)
Such posts make me wish to play WE again))
Would that builds be fine for solo or small scale gank?
Bretin: "destru classes are in general better for solo play" :lol:
A lot of addons here | Just a few T3 vids from live game | Remove IP-blocking at forum!

Aurandilaz

Post#8 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:29 pm

As I said, SS only works when you get all the stars to align, proper tank support, proper ally CC coverage, proper amount of heals so you can function at the frontline.
On the other hand, OYK provides far more utility and does not make you dependent on your team allowing you to properly use SS to max.
Many WEs still run Witchbrew, which also decent choice, it helps burn down tanks and higher defensive dps classes, plus the incoming healdebuff in same tree also helps a lot.

These numbers are from my head, but I feel like SS only works in 10% of realistic RvR situations, WB and OYK as the other 13points mastery finishers cover the rest of 90% of possible combat situations regarding whatever utility comes more handy at the time.

You can make SS work, but it requires for the team to actually CARRY the WE so that it gains maximum efficiency, and requires the enemy to be somehow impaired from preventing the WE becoming a goddess of death around whom the bodies of fallen enemies litter the ground. :)

Lack of medium armour and Charge, plus a broken Stealth mechanic (high chance from dots to break it, WL pets ignoring it), and the general awesomeness of Marauder debuff + damage arsenal still makes WE the least in demand Destro meleetrain class.
For example in that scenario I screenshotted above, I stealthed ONCE at the start, the rest of time I just didn't bother wasting time attempting to do something that barely improves your gameplay.

Ads
vouzou

Post#9 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:45 pm

I am using this RoR.builders - Witch Elf

with goal to use this at 70 RoR.builders - Witch Elf.
Korthian Dok of Phalanx
Korthi Wp of Zerg

Panzerkasper

Post#10 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:42 pm

I'm throwing this in the ring: RoR.builders - Witch Elf

I tested it for a while and was quite surprised how well it worked against melees and tanks. Ofc you still can go for the normal BF, IP, Flanking, WB tactic set if you need it.

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen