Recent Topics

Ads

WE's: Post/Discuss your current spec/build

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Liuu

Re: WE's: Post/Discuss your current spec/build

Post#91 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:15 pm

Did not find something recent on this. Does it currently make sense to go for crit renown for solo play (burst) or better max str?

Ads
sunnyray

Post#92 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:21 am

Just to have this thread active.

I tried three builds (rr gap 62-65):

All were SS/PA spec

1) 1042 str, 21% crit (semi-glass)
2) 1042 str, 26% crit (glass)
3) 920 str, 19% crit (30% parry, 20+ disrupt)

And for my playstyle the third build is the best.
In glass and semi-glass I still could not kill players that I cant' kill with 920 str. Going lower creates issues with enemy parry.
The additional defense (from deft defender and parry) provides some safety margin for mistakes.

Nevertheless:
1) Healers: I am not able to kill good healers. Without heal debuff it is impossible in any rr build I guess. I just don't have the tools.
2) Riposte slayers It is a matter of heartseeker is parried or not...when slayer starts "healing" I use it. If he does parry and I know it is a dangerous slayer (lets say Spittz) my only choice is agile escape and run. I will be killed by riposte if I continue (more than 40-50% dmg, with hits in the 360-400 range are from this tactic). If there is no parry, chances are good to win. Slayers with no riposte are not an issue.
3) White lions After patch WL's started to be manageable (rr40-60) with potions used and if there is no mistake with detaunt. Detaunt before KD is crucial. If I am not able to be perfect on that timing things go wrong. However at least, there is a chance that if no mistakes are made I can win. I have not met lets say Msalaba or Gwelthas yet, so probably things will be worser.
4) Witch hunter. WHs are manageable, however I am struggling with Triv and Emeth, both are BAL+RB spec. After opener and KD, I get up (if I get up) with around 20-40% hp and with BAL on me, which is already a nasty situation. If potions are up, I can run with AE, but now I am trying to win such fights. With other WH's I have good chances, with those two I frequently fail (DB score is like -4 now with more than 10 fights). They are better with timing and positioning I guess.
5) Casters, engies and SWs Deft defender is noticeable. Usually it is ok. They are a problem when grpd.
6) Swordmasters I guess I am not having problems with SS/PA build and SM's. You know there is a feeling that you are in control, so Celegion or Rememberme are not deadly, lets say dealable (need just some luck on heartseeker and crits afterwards), and if you see that you are going down you can always run away. Highly offensive SM's are easy.
7) Kotbs depends on build. If he is regen build with his auto-damaging ability than I guess I will have to run. and if I am lucky on crits I can kill. But in any case there is a chance to win and run.
8) IBs I guess same as kotbs and other tanks. Regen builds are very powerful when the damage/crit is relatively low now in ROR.

So to summarize the SS/PA build is so so. As a WE I feel confident against BW, Engies, most SW and not parry/riposte slayers. Tanks are easy only if they are not tanks but dps tanks. WLs are hard and the only class which is impossible to run from. Good healers are unkillable. If somebody has better experience please provide a feedback. I do understand that my gaming skill is limited to some extent.

The major drawbacks of SS/PA build: The waiting time to hit SS and the time required before next AW (I guess it is due ICD) is long. Very slow ability. The DPS always drops on medium or higher armor targets (low dmg). But the healing done is like a 0.5-1 potion so sometimes it makes a difference in 1vs1. The AA boost and higher dmg of AW is nice though. Better than nothing.

roadkillrobin

Post#93 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:45 am

Liuu wrote:Did not find something recent on this. Does it currently make sense to go for crit renown for solo play (burst) or better max str?
If you plan on just roaming i would go for glass cannon. Max crit, then STR, then WS. The reason being that the faster you kill something the less chance is that the player gets any kind of supprice assistance.

If you do roaming with group i would max out Parry/Dodge/Disrupt build then crit, str, wounds.
Same as I would do with solo queing.

If you run 6man sc i would do full crit, rest into parry and deft defender. It's really easy to boost str from gear and way to expensive for what you get in terms of renown resources.

Ravenfox

Post#94 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:51 am

I'm running on your knees/witchbrew along with black lotus blade at rr60 using 4 piece merc

just played around with it for a couple scs its hittin the spot I recommend trying it out

Sulorie

Post#95 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:39 am

Ravenfox wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:51 am I'm running on your knees/witchbrew along with black lotus blade at rr60 using 4 piece merc

just played around with it for a couple scs its hittin the spot I recommend trying it out
You suggest a spec without crit dmg tactic?
Not to mention other great skills you skip.
Dying is no option.

Miszczu5647

Post#96 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:56 am

Sulorie wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:39 am
Ravenfox wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:51 am I'm running on your knees/witchbrew along with black lotus blade at rr60 using 4 piece merc

You suggest a spec without crit dmg tactic?
Then your brain will scream in pain when i show you what i am currently running ;)
http://www.ror.builders/career/witch-el ... ,5613,5606
Srul - Shaman
Sruula - Witch Elf
Jurwulf Srulson - Chosen

Spierron

Post#97 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:38 am

@sunnyray
an interesting feedback about SS/PA build, what tactics do u use generally ?

ps: Celegion is a highly offensive SM :!:

Sulorie

Post#98 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:56 am

Miszczu5647 wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:56 am
Sulorie wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:39 am You suggest a spec without crit dmg tactic?
Then your brain will scream in pain when i show you what i am currently running ;)
http://www.ror.builders/career/witch-el ... ,5613,5606
Spoiler:

I guess you stack parry and try to outlast your opponent in 1vs1 engagements. :)
Dying is no option.

Ads
Spierron

Post#99 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:04 am

strong against Mdps/tank also for solo u don't need to play with tactic crit dmg, witchbrew is a good filler. AW crit+Witchbrew > AW crit+IP

Sulorie

Post#100 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:15 am

Spierron wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:04 am strong against Mdps/tank also for solo u don't need to play with tactic crit dmg, witchbrew is a good filler. AW crit+Witchbrew > AW crit+IP
WB is like 300-400 dmg extra. When you add crits on all hits you deal to a target, it will deal more dmg overall. Crit tactic is like 1/3 more damage on crit.
You have no burst but for duels or 1vs1 it works well, especially with parry stacking and riposte.
Dying is no option.