Recent Topics

Ads

[Sorc] Overcomming Disrupt

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Delenot

[Sorc] Overcomming Disrupt

Post#1 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:36 pm

Is there a stat, RA, anything that can help mitigate the disrupt rate. Personally I'm having trouble getting spells to stick to all classes, not just Wisdom based ones.

Ads
sabat80

Re: [Sorc] Overcomming Disrupt

Post#2 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:38 pm

Intelligence and gear with disrupt strike-through (Beast lord, Genesis, Conqueror).

Also set up bufhead to see disrupt morale etc and choose targets carefully :) avoid guys behind 3 shield walls :)

ragafury

Post#3 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:46 pm

it's because Deft Defender (dodge / disrupt for renown) is an auto pick up by 99% of the existing classes and there is no speccable strikethrough for Renown, which I strongly dislike, same goes for parry striketrhough / block strikethrough. So there is no valid offensive renown counter besides Int (Elegiggle).

Your best bet is soft capped int and than disrupt strikethrough.
the last is farely rare, hard to get, and sometimes you have to make compromises in your geartemplet which hurt a lot. (I'm don't have a 40 sorc though).

But no worries your class is great in PvE,.. oh wait... that was magus.
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

Delenot

Post#4 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:49 pm

ragafury wrote:
But no worries your class is great in PvE,.. oh wait... that was magus.
Feeling the burn off this one...Never mind, that's a BW.

Delenot

Post#5 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:50 pm

sabat80 wrote:Also set up bufhead to see disrupt morale etc and choose targets carefully :) avoid guys behind 3 shield walls :)
OK....now, how do I do this?

Aurandilaz

Post#6 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:53 pm

BW has BurnThrough + Flashfire to deal with disrupt, Engi/SW/SH has PierceDefences and SW could even for some reason choose DiscerningOffense to maximize strikethrough.

Sorc has ??? and ??? and Echo of Power that hits like a wet noodle.

Even if you play with best possible gear and softcapped int, you still face loads of disrupt.

My current AoE bomb rotation involves hitting whatever aoe ability except Shattered Shadows and Black Horror, simply because 3 sec cast time and highly unlikely to hit even first target to cause any damage at all is just not worth it.
For ST, you can just spam DoTs around and hope something sticks. Doombolt is out of the question with 3 sec cast and dubious return probability, Arctic Blast is also often not worth the casttime/effectiveness risk. Just find some other rdps to assist and hope that some of your previous potent burst still hits through, spam lot of Chillwind and VoT and Gloomburst, and send Hand of Rhuin + ID at any target that is under assisted focus so that they drop down faster.
Ignore enemy healers that have all potent disrupt, avoid tanks that can block and disrupt, and focus on unguarded enemy dps unless you know they are stacking DeftDefender to the maximum.

Sorc used to be the "main" Destro rdps that was able to burst down targets with minimal assistance from other dps sources. Now the class has changed to be one of those previous assisting-dps roles. Now if only BW lost their Flashfire+BurnThrough, they'd be in an equally sorry state of affairs. :D

Penril

Post#7 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:04 pm

This again?

Nope. Put in a little more effort and make a decent proposal.