Recent Topics

Ads

A few Sorcerer questions

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
kitchenslave

A few Sorcerer questions

Post#1 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:59 pm

I'm in the high 20's on my sorcerer and I have a few questions for those that have experience with sorcerer abilities.

1. Does the direct damage from shades of death proc Frozen touch? And does the AE from the piercing shadows tactic proc Frozen touch?

2. Does the Swell of Gloom tactic proc a second set of damage that could proc a second Frozen touch?

3. Is there an ICD on Tapping the dark? And does TTD overwrite itself? Or will it not proc if a TTD shield if still up?

4. Is there an ICD on Frozen Touch?

5. Has anyone tried a tankier build with close quarters, Frozen Fury, Tapping the dark and piercing shadows? Did it work?

Thanks in advance.

Ads
Nealio

Re: A few Sorcerer questions

Post#2 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:40 am

There is a thread on sorc tanking somewhere. I'm just too tired right now to go search it but it is an interestesting read.

lefze
Suspended

Post#3 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:27 am

1. Pretty sure no on both as procs generally don't proc other procs. No idea about shades of death though as I would rather shoot myself than use it.

2. Again, pretty sure no.

3. Not sure here as it's a **** tactic regardless, but I'm kinda sure the absorb needs to run out/get depleted to proc again.

4. Yes.

5. A tanky build generally is just the standard cookie cutter build minus swell of gloom with CQ slotted so you can actually compete in melee range. The additional free points are used to take absorb vitality. I occasionally run with frozen fury instead of CQ if I'm just zerg surfing. I've seen people asking about the same thing with some odd stuff in it, but most of the stuff outside the cookiecutter spec is underused for very good reasons.
Rip Phalanx

Haojin

Post#4 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:27 am

kitchenslave wrote:I'm in the high 20's on my sorcerer and I have a few questions for those that have experience with sorcerer abilities.

1. Does the direct damage from shades of death proc Frozen touch? And does the AE from the piercing shadows tactic proc Frozen touch?

2. Does the Swell of Gloom tactic proc a second set of damage that could proc a second Frozen touch?

3. Is there an ICD on Tapping the dark? And does TTD overwrite itself? Or will it not proc if a TTD shield if still up?

4. Is there an ICD on Frozen Touch?

5. Has anyone tried a tankier build with close quarters, Frozen Fury, Tapping the dark and piercing shadows? Did it work?

Thanks in advance.
1- no
2- no
3- no, yes.
4- no
5- no
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn