Recent Topics

Ads

[Sorc] Gear between ruin and conqueror?

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
ToXoS

[Sorc] Gear between ruin and conqueror?

Post#1 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:55 am

Hi,
It has been quite some time since I played my sorc (BL was not even out at this time), so I have questions about gear.
Right now I'm full anni (which I consider to be better than merc for the wounds bonus, I'm playing ORvR only btw), but now that BL is a thing, I'm wondering which gear is considered to be best until full conqueror.

Should I do the mix ruin/merc/BL for the intel bonus, or should I keep the 5% magic crit bonus from anni?
As we know, sorc is all about crit, and 5% is not nothing... :roll:

Ads
Rapture

Re: [Sorc] Gear between ruin and conqueror?

Post#2 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:01 am

Sorc are cool looking , you need to max out intel and crits than wounds or tough.......but BW are badass! they will out damage you!

Tesq

Post#3 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:08 am

Nope you need to go disrupt strike trought heavy build, due recent changes to avoidance you will see all your rotations disrupted if just go crit stack

I Think BL set offer that.

xtc1999
Banned

Post#4 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:35 am

Rapture wrote:Sorc are cool looking , you need to max out intel and crits than wounds or tough.......but BW are badass! they will out damage you!
sorc>bw
EAT YOUR KFC LADS!

Sulorie

Post#5 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:32 am

5pc BL, 4pc Conq and 3pc Genesis will give you 12% strikethrough from gear alone.
Dying is no option.

Kurama

Post#6 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:27 pm

The overlord pieces give 2% strike through each as well.
DOK 8x
Zealot 8x
Shaman 8x
BO 7x

WP 8x
RP 8x
AM 8x

lefze
Suspended

Post#7 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:56 pm

Disrupt issue is quite exaggerated, especially with WoP getting a ninjafix. Just don't ever think you can burst any decent healer, even if you go balls deep into disrupt strikethrough. Other than that everything is pretty good.

Until you got conq I suggest just mixing sets, get conq boots/belt asap and just run 2x ruin including shoulders, fill in with other sets to get as close to int cap as possible. You can toss in beastlord till Int bonus, and run devastator (Obliterator?) glove for more crit. 2+ Genesis is also really good to have, but this depends on which pieces drop for you.

If you really wanna go with a lot of wounds like now, take a look at 4 conq/2 anni with BL cloak.
Rip Phalanx

Mez

Post#8 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:44 pm

I just came back to the game, so I have a very fresh idea of what sorc used to be a year ago, from what it is today. With soft capped intel, and just a ghetto mix of beastlord and few other pieces of gear (no genesis jewelry).

The disrupts are insane. I don't think this is from players being able to stack it, it seems as though the game has been changed. I know because I pug SC's mainly. I like the challenge and trying to carry pugs. It's just challenging and fun. Weather or not I am fighting vs a pre-made, high RR players, or bads, my total damage is a direct reflection of how bad it's become. Sometimes I do not die, and I am throwing out gloom of night for aoe dot fluff damage constantly, and dropping icy spikes on melee, pets etc which is my style to hide burst rotations under aoe damage and debuffs. I'm consistently much lower in total damage for my team then before, and sometimes I only have 40k, 50k, 60k. If I get over 100k damage on my sorc, it's shocking. There are other sorcs occasionally that play against me and they will top 100k easily and up to 150k damage, which is still much lower than before. But they are full strike through, and they are still having trouble. So for a normal player such as myself, rr45 and geared (not to the teeth). I'm pretty irrelevant.

I even identify players who stack disrupt and leave them alone, going for better targets. And I still get disrupted every other spell sometimes, or every few spells.

So I clearly see full end-game strike through gear template is the only way to go in this game now. Even over crit choices and anything else. I am considering just pushing intel all the way as much as possible, even through soft cap, just for a little bit more strike through. At the loss of crit and wounds. I'm also considering giving up set bonuses (not intel) in lieu for any possible piece of magic power to make up for lack of damage. I don't know if damage was also nerfed on sorc, but it's really bad. Nothing is hitting hard when it actually does get through. The class feels very much like a utility class with little utility, not the primary damage dealer of the realm. I literally just came back so need to play more, but the atmosphere is pretty sad for sorcerer. A few others this week said hello to me, and said they shelved their rr60+ sorcs months ago because it was just not fun to play. And man, I couldn't be more understanding. Is this a benefit to order? once again? If you just point at magus vs engi, stacking disrupt on order is 100% must just because the amount of casters we have. It's a huge slide in balance, this current state of the game.

Long story short is take the advice from above.
Word of Pain and Boiling Blood are no longer able to proc anything. The Bright Wizard College has confirmed this is a big deal. (stealth nerf)
https://bugs.returnofreckoning.com/view.php?id=18255

Ads
Penril

Post#9 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:57 pm

I still do fine on my rr50-ish, Mercenary-using Sorc. However I am only talking about RvR zergbusting, so there is a lot of pug/soloer killing involved I'm sure.

The disrupt is painful, yes. And I hadn't really thought about Magus/Engi disparity; I guess Burn Through/Flashfire (BW) doesn't help as well.

What solution would you guys propose?

Mez

Post#10 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:02 pm

sorc gets ranged kd
Word of Pain and Boiling Blood are no longer able to proc anything. The Bright Wizard College has confirmed this is a big deal. (stealth nerf)
https://bugs.returnofreckoning.com/view.php?id=18255