Recent Topics

Ads

[Sorc] Gear between ruin and conqueror?

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Zombieorc

Re: [Sorc] Gear between ruin and conqueror?

Post#11 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:06 pm

Somewhere between Ruin and Conqueror lays... Obsession by Calvin Klein....

Ads
bloodi
Suspended

Post#12 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:07 pm

Penril wrote:What solution would you guys propose?
I mean, it has been said a lot already, we would propose being able to circumvent disrupt stacking someway.

Right now, you cant attack healers at all, all because they are stacking a stat that also makes their heals better.

I still cant figure why it was changed besides the fact that it said on the willpower stat that it helped disrupts and someone made it his life mission for that to mean something, i guess soon we will see mdps with high weapon skill have 50% parry against melee? Because it says it helps parry too.

I cant see how the game got better with that or the dot changes, it was just done because soomeone felt like it and no amount of reason or feedback against it will ever mean anything.

And the crux is that overall, if i go bomb BW and chuck aoe around yeah, i get disrupted but so what, its not a big deal. But go on singlet target specs and if 90% of them dont hit, nothing dies, ever.

So how did the change improve anything at all? I just cant see anything good that came from it, i can play real stupid on my am because i only ever got to worry about mdps now mostly, playing any kind of dot spec like egineer or magus or even am its silly and singlet target burst feels like lottery.

So sometimes they are still the same as before, most of the time they are not because "disrupt". But we really dont want "zero effort tactics and abilities" yet we can stack willpower now and be impervious to casters, great.

Penril

Post#13 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:11 pm

I was thinking more along the lines of making skills like Furious Howl or tactics like Pierce Defenses also reduce disrupt chance. Combined with Willpower debuffs (120 from stat steal) it might alleviate the issue.

Maybe.

lefze
Suspended

Post#14 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:13 pm

Mez wrote:I just came back to the game, so I have a very fresh idea of what sorc used to be a year ago, from what it is today. With soft capped intel, and just a ghetto mix of beastlord and few other pieces of gear (no genesis jewelry).

The disrupts are insane. I don't think this is from players being able to stack it, it seems as though the game has been changed. I know because I pug SC's mainly. I like the challenge and trying to carry pugs. It's just challenging and fun. Weather or not I am fighting vs a pre-made, high RR players, or bads, my total damage is a direct reflection of how bad it's become. Sometimes I do not die, and I am throwing out gloom of night for aoe dot fluff damage constantly, and dropping icy spikes on melee, pets etc which is my style to hide burst rotations under aoe damage and debuffs. I'm consistently much lower in total damage for my team then before, and sometimes I only have 40k, 50k, 60k. If I get over 100k damage on my sorc, it's shocking. There are other sorcs occasionally that play against me and they will top 100k easily and up to 150k damage, which is still much lower than before. But they are full strike through, and they are still having trouble. So for a normal player such as myself, rr45 and geared (not to the teeth). I'm pretty irrelevant.

I even identify players who stack disrupt and leave them alone, going for better targets. And I still get disrupted every other spell sometimes, or every few spells.

So I clearly see full end-game strike through gear template is the only way to go in this game now. Even over crit choices and anything else. I am considering just pushing intel all the way as much as possible, even through soft cap, just for a little bit more strike through. At the loss of crit and wounds. I'm also considering giving up set bonuses (not intel) in lieu for any possible piece of magic power to make up for lack of damage. I don't know if damage was also nerfed on sorc, but it's really bad. Nothing is hitting hard when it actually does get through. The class feels very much like a utility class with little utility, not the primary damage dealer of the realm. I literally just came back so need to play more, but the atmosphere is pretty sad for sorcerer. A few others this week said hello to me, and said they shelved their rr60+ sorcs months ago because it was just not fun to play. And man, I couldn't be more understanding. Is this a benefit to order? once again? If you just point at magus vs engi, stacking disrupt on order is 100% must just because the amount of casters we have. It's a huge slide in balance, this current state of the game.

Long story short is take the advice from above.
Target selection? Especially against pugs it's not hard at all finding a target without htl/guard/wp buff or other avoidance buff. And trust me, sorcs still have the same oneshot potential as always if you just learn to identify the right target at the right time.

Anyhow, seeing as you are using gloom of night, might sharing your spec? I suspect that's where your issue lies.
Rip Phalanx

Aurandilaz

Post#15 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:14 pm

Penril wrote:I still do fine on my rr50-ish, Mercenary-using Sorc. However I am only talking about RvR zergbusting, so there is a lot of pug/soloer killing involved I'm sure.

The disrupt is painful, yes. And I hadn't really thought about Magus/Engi disparity; I guess Burn Through/Flashfire (BW) doesn't help as well.

What solution would you guys propose?
Yeah, you can keep exploding pugs in RvR on any class. Then give them +200 crit dmg and they explode even more. If magus or engi had same kind of crit increase, or SW/SH, they would also be considered "top damage dealers".
The Disrupt changes altered the bombing rotation too, previously I tried doing occasional Shattered Shadows if I manage find juicy target in 20 feet range, these days nah, not worth the risk/reward ratio, rather do any other AoE that doesn't require primary target to fire off.

Anyway, there have been suggestions proposed regarding Disrupt changes, and there is even a Sorc proposal to make Chilling Gusts into something actually useful. ;)

I sometimes pug on BW because its a challenge (BurnThrough+Flashfire combo is amazing), but ST Sorc atm just feels "unfun" to me so I don't bother much lately.

And regarding gear: get 2 Ruin 2 Merc 2 Anni, then possibly try get Conq boots + belt. Max int and crit whatever you can, maybe even throw in occasional T4 influence gear with crit in it.

lefze
Suspended

Post#16 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:15 pm

Double post
Rip Phalanx

bloodi
Suspended

Post#17 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:22 pm

But the issue is still there, they are not actively doing anything besides stacking a stat that already makes their heals better yet we have to counter it with skills that may not even work past that defenses.

You can debuff wp with BB/WoP but that is only if it goes through, the new 100% bypass on them was only done for the damage, not the application, get a BG/IB and will grant your mdps 25% disrupt for free by just using their str buff on max mechanic, which they will always probaly do considering most use the healdebuff tactic anyway and its 20 secs.

NEvermind the fact that trying to use skills like Law of Gold on a healer is now even more of a stupid idea, they wont ever work, now your already pitiful chacnes of it working got even lower because, well, i dont know.

So why do we have to come up with new things and keep the ball rolling when its terrible and the old one was better?

7rere7

Post#18 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:39 pm

The disrupt rate for classes ,specially healers is getting to high.
3 out 0f 4 ( Strength, Ballistic , Intelligence) main stats does not help defensive avoidance except Willpower . Moving the disrupt rate to wounds or initiative might be more balanced or decreasing the disrupt value rate of willpower.
High disrupt rates might be balanced vs BW & Sorc but for dps Shammy , Magus , AM , Runepriest its certainly not.

Ads
Mez

Post#19 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:32 pm

lefze wrote:
Anyhow, seeing as you are using gloom of night, might sharing your spec? I suspect that's where your issue lies.
Im kind of tickled someone suggested I have a L2P issue. Ohhh my god what a happy day.

bloodi wrote: You can debuff wp with BB/WoP but that is only if it goes through,
Does the new word of pain have a disrupt chance on application, And on tick? Because I've seen it disrupt both instances this week.

Really enjoying coming back, it's like a whole new game. I have to L2P my class all over again!
Word of Pain and Boiling Blood are no longer able to proc anything. The Bright Wizard College has confirmed this is a big deal. (stealth nerf)
https://bugs.returnofreckoning.com/view.php?id=18255

bloodi
Suspended

Post#20 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:34 pm

Mez wrote:Does the new word of pain have a disrupt chance on application, And on tick? Because I've seen it disrupt both instances this week.
Yeah but it also got a 100% bypass on the 2nd tick in a recent patch but i guess it broke again or got reverted.