Recent Topics

Ads

Disciple of Khaine Advice needed!:)

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Silverbow100

Disciple of Khaine Advice needed!:)

Post#1 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:16 pm

Working on getting my DOK higher level, and i was wondering what the best spec is with RR abilities by rr 40 and gear sets to get and if you need to Mix and match them? DPS spec of course. Do you use the talents that lower healing effectiveness or do you find your damage is fine without them? Any advices you might have. Thanks!:)

Ads
lefze
Suspended

Re: Disciple of Khaine Advice needed!:)

Post#2 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:02 am

Everything you wrote SCREAMS that you should invest a couple hundred more hours into the game before even attempting dps dok.
Rip Phalanx

Silverbow100

Post#3 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:18 am

It's almost like i made an advice thread to get advice on DPS dok, if you dont have anything useful to say, stay off the thread. thanks mate

lefze
Suspended

Post#4 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:26 am

Silverbow100 wrote:It's almost like i made an advice thread to get advice on DPS dok, if you dont have anything useful to say, stay off the thread. thanks mate
Thing is, you don't have the renown points, you don't have the talent points, you don't have the experience and most likely not the skill to play it. If you insist on playing it though, http://www.ror.builders/career/disciple ... ,4977,4985 is the best you can pull off. But you lack a few pretty crucial skills. As for renown, you aren't gonna get the stats you need, so I'd say getting inc crit to 0% and some parry/deft defender is probably your best bet. You can also go balls deep into crit and parry, but I guess you are gonna have a worse time.

edit: And just to add to my first post, staying in heal spec till you can get all the must have skills, renown and gear is MUCH faster than trying to play a severely gimped dps spec during the grind.
Rip Phalanx

Sinisterror

Post#5 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:48 am

DpS DoK is very fun to play. Imo the best way to get good damage and useful melee heals is to spec something like this

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=dok ... :4984:4994:

i didnt pick the last tactic . Aim for 3 x beastlord(ireally wish willpower could be converted to str for dok). 3x dominator, boots with crit and shoulders with 10% auto attack haste and belt. Then 3x mercenary ofr the str and armour bonus. at rr 40 spec close to full disrupt/dodge and parry, 20 points left, take quick escape and the last ten what you think you want. Try having at least close to 900 str and 525+ ws when buffed. 6k+ wounds. Blood fistxiphos mainhand and subjugator dps wpn to offhand.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

peterthepan3

Post#6 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:28 am

Listen to the god ^

Silverbow100

Post#7 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:48 pm

I’m happy to see responses with builds and actual advice! I’m assuming, from the videos I’ve seen of you, sinisterror, that your build is mainly higher RR? Any idea how I should spec going into lvl 40 at RR 40? Would a little bit tweaking and higher in torture to get the finisher be advised to makeup for the damage loss of being lower RR? When are you on? I would love to add you and talk more (:

Sinisterror

Post#8 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:03 am

TY for the kind workds peter=) Silver i am rr56 atm video is 54-55 rr. rr 40 is fine=) get those 3 beastlords, you need to kill all 5 or 6 ? to get the last quest to get the pocket item, the pocket item contributes like normal set item, so use pocket, jewel and cloak beaslords. and 3 mercenary for str and armour, there are at least 1 great helm from chaos t4 influence rr38 reguired, also bloodfist xiphos is rr 38 and its t4 orc inf reward. if you get your hands on harbinger xiphos with 57 dps and 2.0 attack speed use it in mainhand and carnage in offhand, carnage is easy to get from t4 epic quest. Start fights with essence lash and after that fell sacrifice. This build you can use at rr 40, you wont have healdebuff but neither did i in the video you watched, its great and all but go for it later=)

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=dok ... 7:;0:0:0:0:

EDIT; Damn i forgot you have to spec for aa haste tactic now;( Build lefze posted is the best one but dont take heal debuff tactic, take fell sacrifice if you want to to more damage, its great even in 1v1. Get 4 mercenary for 1+ torture points then you can use the build i posted.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Ads
lefze
Suspended

Post#9 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:26 pm

Sinisterror wrote:EDIT; Damn i forgot you have to spec for aa haste tactic now;( Build lefze posted is the best one but dont take heal debuff tactic, take fell sacrifice if you want to to more damage, its great even in 1v1. Get 4 mercenary for 1+ torture points then you can use the build i posted.
There is no reason not to spec healdebuff really, at 40/40 he won't have the points to go the AP drain spec, and the last tactic can then only be filled with transferred focus for example, which really doesn't help a dps dok much. AoE detaunt is great if solo, but really shouldn't solo on dps dok. He gets warding strike, but healdebuff is far superior http://www.ror.builders/career/disciple ... ,4985,4981

Fell sacrifice has **** damage, even sanguinary extension is a better pick without healdebuff, but warding strike gives way more value than both without healdebuff and with the limited points he has.
Rip Phalanx

Silverbow100

Post#10 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:25 pm

Sinisterror wrote:TY for the kind workds peter=) Silver i am rr56 atm video is 54-55 rr. rr 40 is fine=) get those 3 beastlords, you need to kill all 5 or 6 ? to get the last quest to get the pocket item, the pocket item contributes like normal set item, so use pocket, jewel and cloak beaslords. and 3 mercenary for str and armour, there are at least 1 great helm from chaos t4 influence rr38 reguired, also bloodfist xiphos is rr 38 and its t4 orc inf reward. if you get your hands on harbinger xiphos with 57 dps and 2.0 attack speed use it in mainhand and carnage in offhand, carnage is easy to get from t4 epic quest. Start fights with essence lash and after that fell sacrifice. This build you can use at rr 40, you wont have healdebuff but neither did i in the video you watched, its great and all but go for it later=)

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=dok ... 7:;0:0:0:0:

EDIT; Damn i forgot you have to spec for aa haste tactic now;( Build lefze posted is the best one but dont take heal debuff tactic, take fell sacrifice if you want to to more damage, its great even in 1v1. Get 4 mercenary for 1+ torture points then you can use the build i posted.

What do you mean spec for AA haste tactic?