Recent Topics

Ads

Soc aoe tactic choice

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Acidic

Soc aoe tactic choice

Post#1 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:29 am

Hi
Anyone got some advice on choice of tactics to slot for aoe soc, I just can’t make up my mind which set is best/ good enough

Ads
Aurandilaz

Re: Soc aoe tactic choice

Post#2 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:18 am

No one really knows lol, I've been trying to figure out for ages.

Basic candidates:

Int tactic for marginally less disrupts
Neverending Agony for PoS + IW cd decrease

2ndary choices:
Lengthening Shadows, because your IW really needs those 15 feet of distance (well not really) and SP maybe might hit something if it has 10 feet wider radius. Doesn't increase dmg, good for mowing down routed enemies.

Frozen Touch, so your dmg proc might cause minor extra grievance to the enemy who never expected to die to a 200 dmg proc but it always surprises them.

Tertiary "im feeling lucky" choices:

Glorious Carnage: 200 moral every 3 sec, assuming no delays between ICD's and your bomb M4 should be ready at ~54 seconds, realistically speaking between 60-70 secs. Just tell your allies to take it slow and steady and maybe they will leave something alive at 70 sec mark of a fight so you can drop your moral bomb.

Chilling Gusts: If you are feeling lucky with your Ice Spikes tonight actually landing on enemy, well good news, now there exists a 33% chance that if they end up not being disrupted after not being disrupted on landing, they may just deal 200-300 extra dmg on an unsuspecting victim. Lottery within a lottery within a lottery.

Infernal Gift: Is there a Ravage spamming Chosen or a suicidal Choppa in your party? Maybe give them +10% dmg increaser, sometimes they might even notice it. Doesn't apply to your own dmg ofc.

Close Quarters: Wanting to test how awesome it is to cast Shattered Shadows assuming you find a low disrupt low block target within 20 feet distance in heated large fights? Well, in situations where enemy lets you cast within 20 feet, it's overkill and in situation where you would need SS dmg any sane enemy won't let you cast without interruptions within 20 feet distance. Too damn often SS is disrupted on landing, meaning it does 0 dmg. Makes you want to play a mdps.

Vision of Domination: Have several Sorcs coordinate improved WoP strikes at juicy enemy targets and hope they all land, 3-4 WoPs hitting same time should make anyone explode.

"I don't care, let me do it anyway" choices:

Triumphant Blasting: Because you really want all your AoE dmg to do a minor punt to the enemy so they can enjoy a 30 sec CC immunity.

Tapping the Dark: Accept your fate that you are not a real AoE dps like a BW and your destiny is to buff your party members with 250 strong absorb bubbles.

Piercing Shadows: assuming you get a Backlash (RNGesus works in truly mysterious ways), you can deal 200-300 dmg on enemies closeby (30ft), kinda random at best

Acidic

Post#3 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:13 pm

Thx for feedback ,
Was tending towards basic and secondary in your list but liked the sound of the other tin plated shineys

Scrilian

Post#4 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:22 pm

160 INT, 200 moral per crit and -10sec on Pit never leaves my bar.
4th is a mystery tho.
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

Acidic

Post#5 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:44 am

Scrilian wrote:160 INT, 200 moral per crit and -10sec on Pit never leaves my bar.
4th is a mystery tho.
Yes went with this and chilling gusts as I tend to get upfront and personal,l.
Can’t understand why the healers are a bit taxed by me :)
Think it’s the BO game style without the thick skin

Dabbart

Post#6 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:01 pm

^^^ That’s referred to as the Zaxxond in order side... #FaceTank
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.