Recent Topics

Ads

BG PVE Tank

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
wargnidalulz

Re: BG PVE Tank

Post#11 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:30 pm

Since you are just starting up I would assume you cannot afford armor talismans at the current rate, they are not cheap. At least not the decent ones.
I would suggest picking up Force of Fury(FoF) over Elite training and grabbing Enraged Beating(EB) while you are at it. The armor from FoF stacks with everything and the ability itself has a 50% uptime which is really good and EB is nice for aggro generation.
low rr build
Once you get rr50 you can replace EB with Elite Training if you still feel the need to be more tanky. That way you can have a nice defensive cooldown rotation with FoF, Elite Training and None Shall Pass for the ultimate tanking build.
rr50+ build
Gear: slot Initiative talismans until you get 250 initiative being unbuffed(300 with zealot buff) that will get your chance to be crit lower by a fair margin, then slot wounds talis. If money is not an issue, slot armor talis.
Renown: until you get rr50 you will have a hard time getting full avoidance with your chance to be crit being low as well. Spec full Parry and Futile Strikes with the left over in initiative.
Qep

Ads
MoaningMarv

Post#12 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:27 pm

Sulorie wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:05 pm
MoaningMarv wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:52 pm

With RR spec: block/parry- would i also go ini or futile strikes for reduced crit?
Futile strikes is the best way, because there are no assault SW bosses with initiative debuffs in the game yet. :^)
Ok, gonna go full futile as much as i can atm then since only rr43, then the rest in block/parry. TY :)
~RoR -Granite Guard: Olovarm, Nyphron
Phoenix Throne > Badlands Knights of the White Wolf:Moaning, Marvolo, Hogsqueal ~

michela89

Post#13 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:36 pm

Tesq wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:06 am main things of being tank: no matter what tank is stack armor and avoidance.

-build dosent matter,

-block/parrry chance does.

-wounds/toughness are useless unless yu can get alredy max of the otherh 2 things.
this is a pve thread, so the answer is aimed at that.

But I have to ask now, how relevant is this against players in PvP? considering all the armor ignoring abilities and debuffs

stillwaterww

Post#14 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:00 pm

Isnt armor capped at 75% mitigation in pvp? Is this the same in pve? Or did I miss some important bulletin about this?

On another note, bg are extremely effective offtanks in Gunbad using a 2h weapon. The utility you bring your group with the 10% crit debuff should not be underestimated.

You can also still be very tanky with a high amount of parry when wielding a 2h weapon.

I think the aim for armor in pvp is 5.2k so you remain at the wanted 3.7k after being debuffed for 1500 armor: ie. the 75% mitigation cap.

This can easily be reached with 3p ruin+ 3p red-eye and winds impervious jewels, none of which are extremely hard to get. Slot some "cheap" +124 armor talis and you gucci :)
Iobel - SO // Miae - BG // Sorrowstrike - WE // Happyjumping - WL // Ishaisa - DoK

michela89

Post#15 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:10 pm

stillwaterww wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:00 pm Isnt armor capped at 75% mitigation in pvp? Is this the same in pve? Or did I miss some important bulletin about this?

On another note, bg are extremely effective offtanks in Gunbad using a 2h weapon. The utility you bring your group with the 10% crit debuff should not be underestimated.

You can also still be very tanky with a high amount of parry when wielding a 2h weapon.

I think the aim for armor in pvp is 5.2k so you remain at the wanted 3.7k after being debuffed for 1500 armor: ie. the 75% mitigation cap.

This can easily be reached with 3p ruin+ 3p red-eye and winds impervious jewels, none of which are extremely hard to get. Slot some "cheap" +124 armor talis and you gucci :)
I was more thinking about armor ignoring abilities like WE heave, hence why I wanted to know in cases like this in PvP if toughness is actually worthwhile since it seems it is not in PvE.
But I don't want to derail the thread.

Tesq

Post#16 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:40 am

yes armor is cap at 75% and boss can even ignore 90% (additive) so if you have 140% and boss ignore 100 you have 40%.

most likely you have 110% and boss ingore 40%= 60% mitigation

michela89

Post#17 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:21 am

Tesq wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:40 am yes armor is cap at 75% and boss can even ignore 90% (additive) so if you have 140% and boss ignore 100 you have 40%.

most likely you have 110% and boss ingore 40%= 60% mitigation
never did gunbad, but I did notice Hero in general stacking that sweet weapon skill lol.

anarchypark

Post#18 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:08 pm

ok i did some test against Avelorn lair boss.
it was AutoAttack

3.5k armor / 817 tough
1107 dmg ( 1624 mitigated )

3.4k armor / 714 tough
1144 dmg ( 1587 mitigated )

3.8k armor / 601 tough
1062 dmg ( 1670 mitigated )

skills of boss mitigated even more than AA by higher armor.

so it's true that toughness is not useful at PvE
since mobs don't have long casting skills?

maybe there are type of mobs using toughness for mitigation?
kinda shocking that 5k armor 200 tough would better tank than 3.5k armor 800tough in PvE.

well i guess i have to test 5k armor 200 tough build too.
someday.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ads