Recent Topics

Ads

BG PVE Tank

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
MoaningMarv

BG PVE Tank

Post#1 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:00 am

Hi guys, just got my bg to 40 with 2annih for toughness bonus, 3p ruin for toughness/armor bonus, epic shield for armor buff and i believe an epic sword, possibly subj. sword. I"ve tried a few times to MT things like gutslme and gunbad, both not so successfully (granted I tried doing it solo tank, maybe that was the problem with current RR).

I was wondering if Maybe it was my spec, I've tried 2 diff specs:
-half way up both anguish and loathing getting all abilities including wave of scorn, none shall pass and choking fury, elite training. Tactics used were anger drives me, terrifying foe, rugged, menace.
I've also done the spec all the way up loathing for force of fury/none pass/ wave of scorn as well as its bottom tactics and then up anguish until choking fury. Neither worked out well for me using rotations something like: feeding on weakness, brutal smash, hateful strike to get buffs up > once i'm 80 or so hate crushing weakness, force of fury, horrific wounds

Is there a better spec out there? I thought I had the a good rotation going but maybe that is wrong as well, anyway, any help would be appreciated! :)
~RoR -Granite Guard: Olovarm, Nyphron
Phoenix Throne > Badlands Knights of the White Wolf:Moaning, Marvolo, Hogsqueal ~

Ads
Vayra

Re: BG PVE Tank

Post#2 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:33 am

One of the absolute key things to do as a PvE tank is to get your chance to be critically hit to 0 (below 0 for mobs lvl41+). You do have a crit chance debuff you can use, but I'm not 100% sure if that can put an enemy to below 0% chance to crit (Mobs have no inherent +crit%). Not taking crits will make keeping you alive much, much easier since you won't get randomly one-shot or lose 90% health because a boss AA + ability crit you at the same time.

Force of Fury also works differently here than live, if you're already at 0% chance to be crit, it's only the armor buff that helps you. Since the crit reduction is a % reduction of your chance to be critically hit (unlike every other crit% chance modifier in the game).
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

Tesq

Post#3 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:06 am

main things of being tank: no matter what tank is stack armor and avoidance.

-build dosent matter,

-block/parrry chance does.

-wounds/toughness are useless unless yu can get alredy max of the otherh 2 things.

As bg you need to slot parry tactic and take full block/parry from renown; then armor tali and go full ruin for block bosnus; dont mix set, the tank set is 1 and toughness is uselsss for pve since reduces too few the dmg ; you could tank with 200 toughness and 5 k armor the same way you do with 600-800

reduces chance to be crit is a plus which you can get if you are rr 50 or above; note in gunband deft defender is super usefull too but only vs adds, vs boss is block/parry so if you have problem deal with boss go for block/parry only

Gear: i alredy told you about ruin yes then add some block/parry jewerly (from rvr bags, skaven questline or tome if in dire need)

summary: you have bad gear set up and probably bad renown build nothing hard to fix.

p.s take stuff that build hate to use them at the start of the encounter immediatly after you taunt boss because 0 hate BG is squigshy

anarchypark

Post#4 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:31 am

Tesq wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:06 am toughness is uselsss for pve since reduces too few the dmg ; you could tank with 200 toughness and 5 k armor the same way you do with 600-800
have you tested this?
what's the mitigation difference?

200 toughness main tank... are you sure you were not carried by healers?

i heard so many claims that toughness is not good stat in pve.
really want to see backup test numbers.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Tesq

Post#5 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:36 am

anarchypark wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:31 am
Tesq wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:06 am toughness is uselsss for pve since reduces too few the dmg ; you could tank with 200 toughness and 5 k armor the same way you do with 600-800
have you tested this?
what's the mitigation difference?

200 toughness main tank... are you sure you were not carried by healers?

i heard so many claims that toughness is not good stat in pve.
really want to see backup test numbers.

backupo test number??

you get hit by 3k

1059 toughness remove 210 dmg.....

150 amor tali is 4%

-210 from tough=2790 dmg
-4% from one only armor tali = 2880

so 1 armor tali is almost enough good as capped tughness XD

anarchypark

Post#6 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:16 pm

Tesq wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:36 am backupo test number??

you get hit by 3k

150 amor tali is 4%

-210 from tough=2790 dmg

ok
where did that 210 came from?
can you share formular?
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Tesq

Post#7 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:15 pm

anarchypark wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:16 pm
Tesq wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:36 am backupo test number??

you get hit by 3k

150 amor tali is 4%

-210 from tough=2790 dmg

ok
where did that 210 came from?
can you share formular?
from your UI that's where it came from 1050 toughness = 210 dmg reduction XD

1050 /5 = 210

this is how any 1050 stat give you no need to post any formula XD

Vayra

Post#8 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:38 pm

It reduces it by 210 dps. So a weapon swing with speed 1 is reduced by 210 damage. With speed 3 it reduces by 630 dmg. Most non-AA PvE attacks have speed equal to the GCD (1.5 or 1.6?), AA have speed based on weapon. Spells have speed based on cast time (instant uses GCD speed). At least that is how toughness worked on live, should work the same here.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

Ads
MoaningMarv

Post#9 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:52 pm

So its all gear/rr spec, not necessarily build. TY guys, much help- i'll go get full ruin (or attempt to, takes forever :P)

With RR spec: block/parry- would i also go ini or futile strikes for reduced crit?
~RoR -Granite Guard: Olovarm, Nyphron
Phoenix Throne > Badlands Knights of the White Wolf:Moaning, Marvolo, Hogsqueal ~

Sulorie

Post#10 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:05 pm

MoaningMarv wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:52 pm

With RR spec: block/parry- would i also go ini or futile strikes for reduced crit?
Futile strikes is the best way, because there are no assault SW bosses with initiative debuffs in the game yet. :^)
Dying is no option.