Recent Topics

Ads

[Sorc]How bad is it really?

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
charlysixb

Re: [Sorc]How bad is it really?

Post#91 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:57 pm

Well i told my bro to let me play his sorc for a zone the other day and i had a blast xD taking down good healers is nearly impossible due to disrupt. Rotations are very easy to set up and when star align you just vaporize the enemy ( many people still dont use detaunt at 2018 )
I try to not play much those classes anyway because when i compare burst dmg with my ranged squig herder i always end crying in my room and howling alone in the darkness ( ivaskha's style )
Peckman And Chifli's

Gobboz Night Fever

Ads
Telen
Suspended

Post#92 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:00 pm

At least they have damage when they dont get disrupted. Other casters dont even have that.

Gmaw

Post#93 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:04 pm

Only ppl with detaunt are rdps and healers.As a WH or on my WL I cant detaunt a sorc unless he is within 30 feet.I Reckon sorcs get most of their kills from WH and slayers

lefze
Suspended

Post#94 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:19 pm

Marawo wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:48 pm super sicrit aoe build
http://www.ror.builders/career/sorcerer ... ,5393,5399

take for M1 and M3 whatever, your not gonna use it much, DC is only good because you can proc frozen touch alot (once a second)
SK is really good for 2 ticks to weave CD's since it hits instant and second time after 2 sec so you abuse 1.5 sec gcd for max dps
(and burst)
Spam IW whenever its up its the most instant damage you can get.
Impeding Doom best ability to steal kills and build 40 dark magic to get your mechanic up fast also for keeping up your mechanic when using ap regeneration Reckless Gathering.
Speccing into middle tree is not worth, applying ice spikes is still good enough every 15 or so seconds, you just get way more impact and value from everything else.
Leghtening Shadows tactic is a waste.
If you get more Mastery points spec up the Destruction Tree for more damage or get Piercing Shadow Tactic and Exchange it for morale pump or Endless Knowledge. Frozen Fury and Neverending Agony are your core tactics
Another bad build. Endless knowledge has no place. Lenghtening shadows is absolutely amazing, longer range on Surging Pain which is basically your filler is amazing. Moralepump is really meh without Paralyzing nightmares IMO.

http://www.ror.builders/career/sorcerer ... ,5429,5394

Pretty much the best build you can do without morale, swap Piercing Shadows for moralepump if you swap ID for GoN+Pralyzing Nightmares for M4 build, highly situational and is mostly a waste IMO.
Rip Phalanx

Marawo

Post#95 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:05 pm

lefze wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:19 pm
Marawo wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:48 pm If you get more Mastery points spec up the Destruction Tree for more damage or get Piercing Shadow Tactic and Exchange it for morale pump or Endless Knowledge. Frozen Fury and Neverending Agony are your core tactics
Another bad build. Endless knowledge has no place. Lenghtening shadows is absolutely amazing, longer range on Surging Pain which is basically your filler is amazing. Moralepump is really meh without Paralyzing nightmares IMO.
Lenghtening shadows is not amazing, your aoe target cap is still 9 targets and if you dont go for fights where you can easily hit 9 targets you shouldnt spec aoe in the first place. What you do with this tactic is spread out your aoe zone and hit too many different targets instead of the same ones which makes it easier to outheal the damage since it is more spread instead focused on the same targets.

edit: In addition the build I presented is 40/40 which you might have missed. I dont think Zarh is going to have Mastery points to spend on Lengthening Shadows since his build also was 40/40.

lefze
Suspended

Post#96 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:48 pm

Marawo wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:05 pm
lefze wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:19 pm
Marawo wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:48 pm If you get more Mastery points spec up the Destruction Tree for more damage or get Piercing Shadow Tactic and Exchange it for morale pump or Endless Knowledge. Frozen Fury and Neverending Agony are your core tactics
Lenghtening shadows is not amazing, your aoe target cap is still 9 targets and if you dont go for fights where you can easily hit 9 targets you shouldnt spec aoe in the first place. What you do with this tactic is spread out your aoe zone and hit too many different targets instead of the same ones which makes it easier to outheal the damage since it is more spread instead focused on the same targets.

edit: In addition the build I presented is 40/40 which you might have missed. I dont think Zarh is going to have Mastery points to spend on Lengthening Shadows since his build also was 40/40.
30ft is insanely small, and as such you get severely gimped by snares, punts, mishaps etc., and HTL is insanely hard to apply on people who stick right in melee range constantly. You do not spread out damage at all, you simply ensure you can reach all 9 without being out of position. The tactic effectively gives sorc a lot more room for error than BWs have, and also lets you bomb effectively if you can't reach a position due to the stuff mentioned above. it also allows you to maintain pressure when backing off due to a moralebomb or loosing guard or whatever else happens. This tactic is basically what gives sorc something in return for lacking all the goodies BWs have.

You can effectively bomb at 40ft with the exception of going for DC whenever the situation calls for it, it's insanely valuable.

At 40/40 I would definetly drop ID and go for the M4+tactics. So for a fresh 40/40:

http://www.ror.builders/career/sorcerer ... ,5394,5393

Gear is 2 merc, 4 BL, 2 Ruin. Transition to 2 conq, 4 BL, 2 ruin and Devastator gloves at 45/when Conq belt and boots are avalable. The spec itself is probably the best thing to run until 40/60, ID is cool and all, but far from necessary. Just think about what you give up to take it at low RR lol.
Rip Phalanx

Yardy

Post#97 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:35 am

Aurandilaz wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:28 pm It's a challenge, even in late game due to Disrupt buffs.

Essentially, try avoid enemy healers, since their Willpower stats increase their disrupt and you will end up wasting lot of GCDs trying to DoT and cast on them.

Our Magus struggle here too, Order healers free casting, Melee for the win for destro
CRUDE big boss! (Scrubs can lead too)
Yardpig- Black Orc

OldSerpenT
Game Artist

Post#98 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:05 pm

Sorcs are awesome.
Most inconvenient class to roam solo and therefore most fun out of it.
Image Image

Ads
Dekata

Post#99 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:39 pm

OldSerpenT wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:05 pm Sorcs are awesome.
Most inconvenient class to roam solo and therefore most fun out of it.
Awesome? Are you kidding, mate? If sorc compares with range and burst damage of magus or engi, its just trash with huge backslahes and easiest target for melee premades.

Zaxxond

Post#100 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:41 pm

Sorcs are worst single target DPS in game. They need big buff.