Recent Topics

Ads

[Sorc]How bad is it really?

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
biqbox

[Sorc]How bad is it really?

Post#1 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:50 pm

I'm thinking about leveling up a Sorc as my rDPS. How bad are the disrupts pre max disrupt strikethrough? Will it feel like putting my nuts through a meatgrinder until I get 5 BL, 2 Conq, 3 Genesis?

Should I even bother?

Ads
Vayra

Re: [Sorc]How bad is it really?

Post#2 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:54 pm

It's painful, especially since disrupt works on each tick instead of just application, which is in my opinion probably the worst change they've made on this server.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

Zaxxond

Post#3 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:05 pm

Sorcs/BWs/RDPS have adjusted and still regularly are tops on SC boards and RVR kill counts. Is it harder? Yes.

Pick a player to assist off of or group up. It will be ok.

biqbox

Post#4 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:10 pm

Vayra wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:54 pm It's painful, especially since disrupt works on each tick instead of just application, which is in my opinion probably the worst change they've made on this server.
I've played some on my tiet1 sorc and already I feel the disrupts are through the roof. I often see 3 disrupts in a row eben though I'm int softcapped.
The punishment is too damn high when you are forced to cast doombolts. Might get less painful when WoP/ID spec opens up?

Might have to go Squiggie? :/

Aurandilaz

Post#5 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:28 pm

It's a challenge, even in late game due to Disrupt buffs.

Essentially, try avoid enemy healers, since their Willpower stats increase their disrupt and you will end up wasting lot of GCDs trying to DoT and cast on them.
And avoid spending too much time casting on tanks that can both block and disrupt.
Still, it allows you to do decent dmg on enemy mdps and rdps classes and their less-defensive specced loldps tanks. (though in late game avoid SMs with WoDS, they hurt a lot)
Also later you get to have fun times facing hordes of WLs who pounce 65feet to harass Destro backliners in endgame pvp.

Doable, playable, but quite the challenge.
If you are a true masochist, nothing like pugging on a sorc. :D

peterthepan3

Post#6 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:08 pm

against an elite group? you'll have difficulty (yet korze managed to win 6v6 against all with sorc post-disrupt changes). Don't really think there's a lot of players playing ST BW/Sorc to their highest potential - regardless of disrupt changes.

thankfully, 99% of encounters in this game are pug stomps that are lopsided as ****, due to skill/gear/brain imbalances. This is very much a pug stomping game at the moment; that being said, you'll be fine.

Arbich
Suspended

Post#7 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:39 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:08 pm against an elite group? you'll have difficulty (yet korze managed to win 6v6 against all with sorc post-disrupt changes). Don't really think there's a lot of players playing ST BW/Sorc to their highest potential - regardless of disrupt changes.
Any videos about this? what class was second dd? I think, I saw him only once after disrupt changes (in a 12vs12 sc) and your strategy was basically well timed kick from BG + sorc-rota. More wasn´t needed in this sc, but I don´t think this would work in 6vs6. I feel that caster-dps have a real disadvantage in 6vs6 sc, because they pose no potential threat for the enemy healers. Would be cool to see, how korze overcome this problem.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

mithilius

Post#8 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:49 pm

This thread has given me some valuable insight into why my BW felt like dog **** the moment i left T1. Thanks, I reckon it'd be best to come back to Sorc/BW at a later time.

Edit: Though T1 felt pretty good on both Sorc and BW to me, so who knows if it's just bad scaling, gear and level.

Ads
biqbox

Post#9 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:59 pm

mithilius wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:49 pm This thread has given me some valuable insight into why my BW felt like dog **** the moment i left T1. Thanks, I reckon it'd be best to come back to Sorc/BW at a later time.

Edit: Though T1 felt pretty good on both Sorc and BW to me, so who knows if it's just bad scaling, gear and level.
Yeah, that's what I'm contemplating as well. I could level my Sorc and zerg-surf in a WB and "leech" my RR and gear, hoping that devs will make it easier on us. That is a real gamble with a lot of my hours.

catholicism198

Post#10 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:02 pm

biqbox wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:10 pm I've played some on my tiet1 sorc and already I feel the disrupts are through the roof. I often see 3 disrupts in a row eben though I'm int softcapped.
The punishment is too damn high when you are forced to cast doombolts. Might get less painful when WoP/ID spec opens up?

Might have to go Squiggie? :/
It's honestly not that bad on Sorcs. You still dish out a lot of damage when you don't get chain disrupted- and their core burst rotation has what... a 10 sec CD.

If you go Squig you're going to be dealing significantly less damage thanks to all the armor stacking and SQ and SQ pet nerfs.