Recent Topics

Ads

[Sorc]How bad is it really?

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Dabbart

Re: [Sorc]How bad is it really?

Post#41 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:01 pm

Reesh wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:57 pm
Spoiler:
Dabbart wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:47 pm
Reesh wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:34 pm
Spoiler:
Point is, without those damage decrease modificators in use, his hp was still constantly at full so he could treat me as an annyoing housefly and completly forget about dps class sitting on him for 24seconds.

So, a healer that is obviously speced for defense and Disrupt is able to M2 power heal through a single DPS's spike... Whats the problem? Go yell at the order PUGs for focusing the chosen and mara and ignoring the Healer. Or make a friend of a SW/Engi and have them slot the -15% avoidance tactic...

That video shows PUGs experiencing PUG issues... It aint proof of much. Especially since you have no idea what the Zs spec is. Is he full Deft Defender stacking WP tali's? If so, then that is why god created Physical damage. Go yell at that slayer to assist. Or maybe stop casting on players that derp-stack disrupt. I mean, sure you were "on him" for 24s. But I didn't see a single full rotation attempt from you. Just keep trying to use your quick/instants and DoTs. All the while melting yourself for 0 damage inflicted.

But yea. It obvious that your gameplay couldn't improve in any way shape or form. It's obvious that Disrupt rates are broken. Just Obvious...
Basic concept of archetype and what it should do is weak to this one it seems.
That's enough for this thread for me, back to my mdps toons.
You mean the one archetype that can easily stack avoidance against your archetype isn’t following concept? K. Solo DPS vids don’t prove crap brother. I even agree that the avoidance changes should be looked at. But your vid shows nothing besides PUGerry.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Ads
Scrilian

Post#42 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:21 pm

Puggery? Sorry what? Was he supposed to bring KotBS with Staggering Impact in voice-coms to make BW even remotely damage-viable in scs against healers? :mrgreen: You know, like it used to be.
Almost a year ago my BW could actually pressure healers with the basic dot rotation and take about 70%~ with a well timed burst - so healers had to even detaunt. Nowadays BW can barely scratch healers with dot rotation, maybe take about 25% hp through all the disrupts.
All is left to spec full Incineration and spam Fireball with Close Quarters and Burn Through, which the only way you can be effective nowadays, but at this point I'd rather play melee.
Last edited by Scrilian on Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

daniilpb

Post#43 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:26 pm

Spoiler:
Ugle wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:25 pm

The zealot is BiS geared and rr66. What do you expect? Also can't see how detaunting and guard should affect his disrupt rate.
Point is, without those damage decrease modificators in use, his hp was still constantly at full so he could treat me as an annyoing housefly and completly forget about dps class sitting on him for 24seconds.

So, a healer that is obviously speced for defense and Disrupt is able to M2 power heal through a single DPS's spike... Whats the problem? Go yell at the order PUGs for focusing the chosen and mara and ignoring the Healer. Or make a friend of a SW/Engi and have them slot the -15% avoidance tactic...

That video shows PUGs experiencing PUG issues... It aint proof of much. Especially since you have no idea what the Zs spec is. Is he full Deft Defender stacking WP tali's? If so, then that is why god created Physical damage. Go yell at that slayer to assist. Or maybe stop casting on players that derp-stack disrupt. I mean, sure you were "on him" for 24s. But I didn't see a single full rotation attempt from you. Just keep trying to use your quick/instants and DoTs. All the while melting yourself for 0 damage inflicted.

But yea. It obvious that your gameplay couldn't improve in any way shape or form. It's obvious that Disrupt rates are broken. Just Obvious...
Your talk is so arrogant but you don't even know that Pierce Defenses Tactic does NOT reduce chance to disrupt. Try to accuse him of pugging once more forum expert. I like the way you talk about things you have no idea about.
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Arfi - Swordmaster.
Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage

Dabbart

Post#44 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:31 pm

Spoiler:
daniilpb wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:26 pm
Spoiler:

Your talk is so arrogant but you don't even know that Pierce Defenses Tactic does NOT reduce chance to disrupt. Try to accuse him of pugging once more forum expert. I like the way you talk about things you have no idea about.
Good point, my bad on that. But, he was Pugging no? What from that video makes it appear he wasn't?

I like the way you assume you've never had a brain fart...

And yes, Puggery. Watch the damn video. His group is hitting the chosen and Mara ignoring the healer. The BW isn't casting full rotations. And the Z is busy smashing out heals with M2... yes, that's puggery. Focus the healer.

Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

daniilpb

Post#45 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:47 pm

Dabbart wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:31 pm
Spoiler:

Good point, my bad on that. But, he was Pugging no? What from that video makes it appear he wasn't?

And yes, Puggery. Watch the damn video. His group is hitting the chosen and Mara ignoring the healer. The BW isn't casting full rotations. And the Z is busy smashing out heals with M2... yes, that's puggery. Focus the healer.
I thought people here were talking about disrupt and I have no idea how puggering can relate to this. Like if his group had been hitting the zealot too, it would have lowered his chance to dispurt.
Full rotations? Yes, please, watch the damn video. His rotations were disrupted.
You know why BWs are so unwelcome in small-scale group play? Because disrupt chances are the same for puggering and for group play. Having a BW in your group sometimes may look like playing with 1.25 of dps in your full group.
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Arfi - Swordmaster.
Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage

Dabbart

Post#46 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:55 pm

Sorry daniilpb, the puggery comment is towards Scrillian who questioned it. And I brought it up cause Reesh called the Z a PUG and used his PUGness to argue that he should of been able to kill him. Solo. without any assisting. That was my point on puggery. And yes, if he had a group then you don't need to kill the healer. You can CC him and MurderRape someone else. Having a healer might of helped as well... Being in a group opens up your DPS a lot. You know this damn well.

I did watch the video. I see a lot of Nova's, a few FBBs, and a bunch of DoTs get disrupted... I only see him attempt 1 Fireball at the end, and he moves to break the cast. Look, i'm not a good BW by any stretch. But that video isn't filled with skilled coordinated play. and it sure isn't proof of anything, since we have 0 data on the disrupt or build of the Z in question.

Aurandilaz

Post#47 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:59 pm

BW/Sorc were already questionable choices for 6man before Disrupt changes, due to relying on standing still for 1-2 secs at time to cast rotations and any sane healer seeing when BB/WoP begins on a soon-to-be-target. Solid 2mdps 2tanks meleetrain was better before changes, and especially after changes only became better because how much worse BW/Sorc got.

When you can choose between mdps who can do solid pressure on both enemy dps, on their tanks (hit their backs) and healers (outgoing/incoming debuffs and hurt them like hell at close range), or pick a magical caster who can dish okay dmg on enemy dps, unreliable on shielded tanks with HTL/DeftDefender up and borderline abysmal pressure on high disrupt healers... it's kinda obvious.

Then again Devs know of this new state of balance and seems that current status quo will last a while...

Reesh

Post#48 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:59 pm

Spoiler:
Dabbart wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:31 pm
Spoiler:

It was on purpose, to sit on him and check if that will ensure ANY effect at all. On regular basis with that kind of situation i switch immidiately to different target.
Regarding "puggery", on group setting - whilst the healer has a whole group behind him the problem with avoidance quadruples.

There is one simple issue:
- when BiS Engi will sit on an unguarded healer without detaunting him, his hp will drop drastically;
- when BiS SW/SH will sit on an unguarded healer without detaunting them, his hp will drop drastically;
- when BiS WL/Mara will sit on an unguarded healer without detaunting them, his hp will drop drastically;
- when BiS SL/CH will sit on an unguarded healer without detaunting them, his hp will drop drastically;
- when BiS WH/WE will sit on an unguarded healer without detaunting them, his hp will drop drastically;
- when BiS BW/Sorc/Magus will sit on an unguarded healer without detaunting them, healer will start doing /lol emotes;

And that above, goes beyond just targeting healers. Yes, it's easier to land ANY spell as a caster on non healer classes, but those that aren't mindless pugs have invested fully into DD negating rdps casters. Phys rdps have much more tools against DD and are still doing fine.

Ads
Scrilian

Post#49 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:00 pm

I still fail to grasp the whole concept of BW/Sorc damage being irrelevant to healers to be somehow compensated by the group.
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

Aurandilaz

Post#50 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:03 pm

Scrilian wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:00 pm I still fail to grasp the whole concept of BW/Sorc damage being irrelevant to healers to be somehow compensated by the group.
the group carries the BW/Sorc so it can move to close 5feet range and hit the healer in the head with their staff and do a critical knockout 8-)