Recent Topics

Ads

[Blackguard] Brutal Smash skill

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Skiantos

[Blackguard] Brutal Smash skill

Post#1 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:00 am

Greetings,
I will ask about the skill Brutal Smash or work properly or not:
I'm have a BG S&B that mean I'm low in STR and I made some test but i found strange something.
My STR is atm (Full Ruin) 297 without potion,when I use Brutal smash my STR upgrade to 372.
With 80 STR potion I have 377 STR and when I use Brutal smash dont stack.
With my last test i use Brutal smash first (buffed my STR to 372) and after that i use a 80 STR potion and my STR move up to 377 that mean potion stack with this short buff,like all short buff in all classes,but why only 5 point when i dont have soft capped my STR?
Someone can please explain me this?
Thx :)

Ads
szejoza

Re: [Blackguard] Brutal Smash skill

Post#2 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:03 am

Strongest buff is taken into consideration (so in this case potion as it gives 5 more points of str than Brutal Smash)
Spoiler:

Smellybelly

Post#3 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:05 am

Because they do not stack.

Skiantos

Post#4 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:06 am

szejoza wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:03 am Strongest buff is taken into consideration (so in this case potion as it gives 5 more points of str than Brutal Smash)
Yeah but is a dmg skill that give you for 20 sec 75 STR buff nor a 60 minute buff or permabuff

szejoza

Post#5 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:16 am

So? The rule is the same, abilities based buffs don't stack with potions.
Spoiler:

Arelion

Post#6 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:19 am

as people already mentioned, only the highest buff count.

297+75=372
297+80=377

80>75 by 5 stat points. That means only the potion counts. if you would spend points into the tree and get the buff above 80, the ability would count for its duration.

Of course, when you have no buff and buff yourself 75 str, there is only one buff and your strength goes up to 372. After you took the potion it stays at 377 and the ability buff from brutal smash gets ignored as it is lower than your potion.