Recent Topics

Ads

[SORC] Looking for AOE builds

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Akira245

[SORC] Looking for AOE builds

Post#1 » Fri May 11, 2018 5:47 pm

I have been looking for some good AOE builds and can't find any of the old ones around. Does anyone still use AOE anymore?

Ads
idummu

Re: [SORC] Looking for AOE builds

Post#2 » Sat May 12, 2018 2:26 am

I run RoR.builders - Sorcerer

Max range ROT: is situational but i usually start with BH-GON-SK-SS x2. if there is a lot of drift between the fights ill just use BH and SK or PoS. Seems to do decent.

Im an idiot that dies a lot ROT(the one i am usually doing :) aka the PBAE spec): IS-IW-DC-SK or PoS.

I am not a great sorc or even a meh one so i hope this helps.

Anthalt

idummu

Post#3 » Sat May 12, 2018 2:31 am

Here is the main thread for builds. Good luck!
viewtopic.php?t=10745

phononHYPE

Post#4 » Sat May 12, 2018 2:12 pm

That topic link seems outdated.

I think the main take away is, in what manner do you play the most? ORVR, SC, with friends/guild mates, pure pugs? If you have support (guard, heals, other players applying pressure) then Idummu's could work. Just a wee bit too close for my comfort (note I'm only lvl 33 so big grain of salt on my opinion).

With the above said, I pug a lot due to my hours, so I favor more mobility. Here is my 40/50 goal: RoR.builders - Sorcerer.
Gloom of Night seems decent for a 2s cast that will do AOE as I run around. The last two tactic slots would then be situational, with Infernal Gift and Frozen Fury high contenders as generic go-to. Again, consider your play style and level. My two points (rr 60 & 70) would probably be Hand of Ruin for quick DD; Chilling Gusts again for some options while not in large-scale battles; and/or Neverending Agony.

Hope this helps, or at least gives some considerations. GL.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Acidic

Post#5 » Mon May 14, 2018 5:44 am

This is the spec I run.
RoR.builders - Sorcerer

Don’t use the full length of cascade or knifes channeling , it works fine to just get one or two ticks and move.
Standing still will kill you.
I don’t use the long cast time spells 1sec max cos a disrupt causes such a drop in dps so no GoN etc and icy spikes dot , meh

Akira245

Post#6 » Mon May 14, 2018 12:11 pm

Thanks for the info. I will play around with these and see how it goes. I am only lvl 27 currently and RR35.