Recent Topics

Ads

Anything new for dps DoKs?

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Darosh
Banned

Re: Anything new for dps DoKs?

Post#11 » Thu May 17, 2018 5:21 pm

Zxul wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 5:11 pm [...]
Personal experience with ranged spec in ror is that dmg is fine- sws do die from it just fine (as long as you build about outlasting them of cause-
[...]
I am confused. How would a competent SW die to a semi-deftard dps DoK spamming FoK, outside of super niche encounters (e.g.: SW with pots on cooldown, starting the fight at sub15% HP, being pewpew'd on by another rdps or whittled down by dots post first encounter, yadayada)?

Abbd.:
For reference, among a few things:
Spoiler:
Fist of Khaine Damaging
Path of Dark Rites Level 1
Costs 15 AP 65ft range
1.0s cast No cooldown
Builds 15 Soul Essence
You call forth the wrath of Khaine, dealing 102 Spirit damage to your target.

Ads
Zxul

Post#12 » Thu May 17, 2018 5:49 pm

Darosh wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 5:21 pm
Zxul wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 5:11 pm [...]
Personal experience with ranged spec in ror is that dmg is fine- sws do die from it just fine (as long as you build about outlasting them of cause-
[...]
I am confused. How would a competent SW die to a semi-deftard dps DoK spamming FoK, outside of super niche encounters (e.g.: SW with pots on cooldown, starting the fight at sub15% HP, being pewpew'd on by another rdps or whittled down by dots post first encounter, yadayada)?
Its the outlasting part. In the spec which I posted dok will mitigate 50%+ of sw dmg, while also having 2 hots, absorb, pretty decent heals (wisdom tactic in), and 40% chance of heal per Fist from CoV running (no reason to run CoC vs sw- you won't catch a good one anyway). And between SE gain from chalice and Fist, dok won't run out of SE healing. Then there is also the 3600 heal from the hot pot, which does for high mitigation dok lot more then what it does for sw.

Then there is also the funny tactic of when getting low on hp to detaunt and chain heal, then go back to attacking (to quote a certain high parry spec dps kotb which attacked me, after I did it a third time during the fight, "ups lol").

If you want exact numbers, with 564 str without the self buff I hit after mitigation Fist for 200-250 or so noncrit, CoV hits 150 sh per hit- 40% to hit per Fist, and KI tactic dot ticks for another 150 or so. Which doesn't looks like much when compared to Doombalt critting on a squishy, but which tends to add up fast when the side delivering has a high mitigation and self heals, while the other side doesn't.

Of cause, then there are those once per blue moon special moments when you deliver a critted Fist, CoV hit, dot tick, and subj proc hit, in same time, for a 1 k or so instant ranged dmg, and can imagine yourself a sorc for a sec.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Darosh
Banned

Post#13 » Thu May 17, 2018 6:17 pm

Provided you'd be able to outlast the SW... why would a competent SW fall for it and not just leave you, to go on and continue solo roam somewhere else? ~ It's not as if you - as per your own admission - could catch him.

Zxul

Post#14 » Thu May 17, 2018 6:39 pm

Darosh wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:17 pm Provided you'd be able to outlast the SW... why would a competent SW fall for it and not just leave you, to go on and continue solo roam somewhere else? ~ It's not as if you - as per your own admission - could catch him.
Something to do with sw seeing me, followed by "lone dok- free points", and then sw eyes going all shiny.

Then at the point of sw getting the part about "if its looks too shiny don't be a ******", and trying to run away, me cleansing the snare, and switching to CoC, + Flee and ap pot if needed. I don't hope to catch a sw into melee- from other hand getting out of 65 f Fist range is not that easy.

Though from personal experience, I almost never had a sw actually try to run- they usually just keep hoping till the bitter end.

To clarify- its far from easy fight vs good sw with good equip, however it is doable- unlike classic dok dps build, which when running solo into sw might as well go afk.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Darosh
Banned

Post#15 » Thu May 17, 2018 8:35 pm

Zxul wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:39 pm
Spoiler:
Darosh wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:17 pm Provided you'd be able to outlast the SW... why would a competent SW fall for it and not just leave you, to go on and continue solo roam somewhere else? ~ It's not as if you - as per your own admission - could catch him.
Something to do with sw seeing me, followed by "lone dok- free points", and then sw eyes going all shiny.

Then at the point of sw getting the part about "if its looks too shiny don't be a ******", and trying to run away, me cleansing the snare, and switching to CoC, + Flee and ap pot if needed. I don't hope to catch a sw into melee- from other hand getting out of 65 f Fist range is not that easy.

Though from personal experience, I almost never had a sw actually try to run- they usually just keep hoping till the bitter end.

To clarify- its far from easy fight vs good sw with good equip, however it is doable- unlike classic dok dps build, which when running solo into sw might as well go afk.
Fair enough but... you have to agree that, if we are speaking about competent SWs ~ they aren't as keen to tunnelvision chalice wielding DoKs that remember their detaunt - it is one of the criteria by which to differentiate between good and bad, I'd argue.
So, it comes down to essentially what Peter said with his mickeymouse reference - technically workable, but not necessarily feasible let alone viable.