Recent Topics

Ads

[Blackguard] Just entered T4 - what stats to focus on?

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Wam

Re: [Blackguard] Just entered T4 - what stats to focus on?

Post#11 » Sun May 20, 2018 2:52 pm

what do you find yourself coming up against most often in sc?

Usually order is RDPS heavy... so imo dodge/disrupt is priority whilst trying to maintain balance and get value... but I am more ORVR based so I get greater value this way... so stacked deft defender and hold the line will help your survability as a tank alot...

BW/Engi/SW & AM/RP is often in sc's

Melee dps from order if smart should focus dps/healers not you as a tank with shield... but RDPS will always pew pew whats in fonrt line range to grind you down and make heal pressure too much ... also in pug enviroment (there is disparity in teams... i.e people do not play optimally, setup not optimal, other tanks usually do not function as tanks and do not guard properly... so enemy MDPS that is unguarded is not major issue as they will die often if your team is solid... but RPDS will always be poking, plus you can always punt annoying MDPS away)

Its random what you will come up against... best order premades will be melee based however but you hope they don't cheese the system (that some people do on both sides with lack of integrity) and you avoid them in pug sc

Also game is not based around 1 vs 1... your job as tank is to survive, setup kills, reduce damage for team ... if you want to be a killer role dps but you will die alot more... or play defensive turtle tank until you are high enough renown / geared then swap to very offensive 2h BG ... but as lowbie you going to come across people better geared or more experienced than you, or can just out kite you... so focus on the points/objectives if you win SC you generally get more renown/medals from sc than caring about frags/kills
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

Ads
mursaat1337

Post#12 » Mon May 21, 2018 6:32 am

at lvl 18 your missing a lot of your toolkit still like challenge and rugged tactic. snb BG is pretty straight forward, anyone being focused use dark protector and use your bubble to soak dmg and stay 30 feet within your guard target.

try not to get punted away from the person who you are guarding, swap guard if they swap targets and train them. if there is a lot of range dps gunning your team down to push a node use hold the line. use your cc abilities to help players live or to get dmg on a target ie punt and 5 sec kd. use your taunt to rupt spellcasting or channeled abilities. i mean list goes on and i bet you know most of this and it feels like beating a dead horse.

main goal is keeping that guard on your dps and swapping it to targets being focused and using your defensives to mitigate as much dmg as possible.

if you get the chance to pick up force of fury, do so. it makes your dark protector target even harder to kill. you will be swapping dark protector a lot so put it on a key bind that feels comfortable, same with guard.

the main stats to focus on are toughness/armor/resist for equipment, farm that ruin set and it should work for awhile till you get conq. your rr points should go into things like block dodge/rupt and futile strikes or initiative, BG has not a great start off with ini so your chance to get crit is high, aim to lower it. parry is not bad either but you get a cool tactic that gives you basically 30% parry.

also once you get the chance pick up the winds impervious jewelry set, do it. its very helpful for tank stats with lots of resist and armor and ini.

the wiki and youtube has all the info on doing those quests for certain gear.

Tesq

Post#13 » Mon May 21, 2018 10:00 am

If you arecnot too behind in rr consider lv up rank first as bg is tools starving in lower ranks.

Get warbuilder add on or anywherebuilder to see what is unlock when and how it scale.

Alandrian

Post#14 » Fri May 25, 2018 6:34 am

Thanks for the advice Wam, mursaat and Tesq. You're right that I don't yet have much of my toolkit. In turns of cc, I only have the Spiteful Slam and Crippling Anger. For debuffing, I only really have Crushing Anger (decrease AP) and Horrific Wound (decreases armour).

Could you give me feedback on my rotation? It's currently:

1. Feeding on Weakness - for toughness buff
2. Brutal Smash - for strength and willpower buff
3. Crushing Anger
4. Horrific Wound

Then obviously I use spiteful slam and shield of rage whenever I can.

I usually use crippling anger in-between my rotation often to slow enemies.

When my hate is high, I make sure to regularly use Hateful Strike so I can get +45% toughness from the tactic.

At rank 19, what set of gear should I be aiming to attain? I currently have the Obliterator set + looking to get all the purple gear from T2 open RvR influence rewards. But what next?

I've looked at the spreadsheet of gear posted by one of the devs (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0)

and it looks like the Mayhem set (rank 22 - 25) is the next closest to my level set, but that's apparently only from PQs, which I'm not sure if I'll be able to get a group for. Are there any other BG sets around that level instead of Mayhem? Or will I have to wait all the way until I can get the Devastator set (starting at rank 26)?
Last edited by Alandrian on Fri May 25, 2018 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sulorie

Post#15 » Fri May 25, 2018 6:37 am

Go for Devastator set and in the meantime use green or blue items from vendor to improve your stats. Mayhem set for BG has bad set bonus, not worth the grind, unless you want it for appearance reasons.
Dying is no option.

Alandrian

Post#16 » Fri May 25, 2018 6:46 am

Sulorie wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 6:37 am Go for Devastator set and in the meantime use green or blue items from vendor to improve your stats. Mayhem set for BG has bad set bonus, not worth the grind, unless you want it for appearance reasons.
Why do you say the Mayhem set bonus is bad - just curious. It has + toughness and initiative. The only strange thing is the +corp resistance, which would be better if it was +elemental resistance against BWs. The 5 piece bonus is "Receptive", no idea what is meant by that.

But yeah I'll probably end up going straight w/ Devastator, since nobody does PvE unfortunately and I don't have a R40 char yet I can use to grind the PQs for my BG (if multi-boxing is even allowed).

Sulorie

Post#17 » Fri May 25, 2018 8:57 am

Alandrian wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 6:46 am
Sulorie wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 6:37 am Go for Devastator set and in the meantime use green or blue items from vendor to improve your stats. Mayhem set for BG has bad set bonus, not worth the grind, unless you want it for appearance reasons.
Why do you say the Mayhem set bonus is bad - just curious. It has + toughness and initiative. The only strange thing is the +corp resistance, which would be better if it was +elemental resistance against BWs. The 5 piece bonus is "Receptive", no idea what is meant by that.

But yeah I'll probably end up going straight w/ Devastator, since nobody does PvE unfortunately and I don't have a R40 char yet I can use to grind the PQs for my BG (if multi-boxing is even allowed).
It is not allowed and before you spent time farming pqs for full set, which gives a tiny on proc on getting healed, you are faster by grinding mobs or playing sc. Devastator on the other hand is really great.
Dying is no option.

mursaat1337

Post#18 » Tue May 29, 2018 3:21 pm

there is really no "rotation" in pvp, just set up kills and assist your guarded target with your toolkit. always keep a snare up on your kill target and maintain buffs on dark protector. use punts properly against tanks or healers.

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#19 » Tue May 29, 2018 3:34 pm

Crimson Death has to be up 100%
You need to keep FWF up 100%, every 5 seconds using an ability that expends hate
You need to apply Armor Debuff only when it's at max efficiency
Toughness debuff up 100%
Keep WP buff up at maximum efficiency, it's a disrupt buff
Use Crush the Weak at maximum efficiency against enemy healers and DPS, keep it up 100%

(^ assuming Malice, which is really the only spec you should go in groups)

Tesq

Post#20 » Tue May 29, 2018 3:49 pm

what peter said exept that with the currenly nerf to bg is unlikely you can have access to CD in ORVR since you gona explode with out parry tactic. In small scalle the build is more manageable but it still require high rr for a low rr build i suggest fly low.

keep up tough/str7willp buff, refresh often both toughness buff (unless chosen ingr op) since it either heal ya a bit and it cna be shatter by enemy. Refresh often but not spam it toughness mid mastery tactic

for the rest for offensive purpose apply snare(which is also a dot) first then block/parry debuff second then all the debuff you can (armor debuff better in between or anyway when you have high enough hate to make it worth). Rotation are anyway build dependant but watch your toughness double buff because it often leads you to survive vs die most of times.