Recent Topics

Ads

[DoK] Request for information on dps DoK.

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Uleleos1

Re: [DoK] Request for information on dps DoK.

Post#11 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:37 am

Hm looks intersting but i dont know the old Changes i didnt play at that time but thanks for the information.

Ads
catholicism198

Post#12 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:31 pm

sinadin wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:54 am
Unstoppable1776 wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:27 am I assume since they wont change beastlord/ruin because of planned changes....they plan on making the stances similar to a zealot or a RP where the stats get converted. ex willpower to str
this would be awesome - as stated in an earlier thread, I hate to be forced to do SCs for some proper melee gear
It'sone of the reasons why I shelved my Shaman and Black Guard.
Scenario grinding is painful.
Uleleos1 wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:37 am Hm looks intersting but i dont know the old Changes i didnt play at that time but thanks for the information.
Here are the some of the old changes:
Spoiler:
General changes:

- Switching between the Prayers of Absolution and Devotion or the Covenants of Vitality and Tenacity invokes a 10 second cooldown for all Prayers and Covenants.
- Switching to or from Prayer of Righteousness or Covenant of Celerity results in a 300 second / 5 minute cooldown instead.
+ The cooldown of Absence of Faith is now 10 seconds.
-Divine Fury, Fanaticism and Murderous Intent no longer affect lifestealing skills.

Tomes/Chalices

The regeneration of a tome or chalice now scales with the Morale scaler. With no morale bonus (less than 18 enemies nearby) these items will not regenerate any mechanic points. With full morale bonus (72 or more enemies nearby), these items will regenerate at their full rate.

Prayer of Absolution and Covenant of Tenacity:
+ Provide 8 Righteous Fury / Soul Essence per second.
+ Convert your Strength bonus from items into Willpower.
- Reduce your armor by 50%. This is a multiplicative modifier, and thus also reduces the effect of potions, talismans and debuffs for armor.

Prayer of Devotion and Covenant of Vitality:
-Melee healing done in this spec are affected by challenge and absorb-shields
+All damage done while using Prayer of Devotion/Covenant of Vitality is halved.
+ Convert your Willpower bonus from items into Strength.
+ You will gain 50% of your Strength bonus from items as Willpower whenever you strike a target with a Path of Grace or Path of Sacrifice ability.
This effect stacks up to three times and lasts for 12 seconds, and will be removed if you remove the Prayer or Covenant.
+ Your detaunt will gain the effect of the Intimidating Repent or Terrifying Aura tactic, becoming AoE however the detaunt increases to 25seconds
+ Sigmar's Radiance and Transfer Essence will deal 50% less damage, but will heal for five times as much and has 20% Strikethrough.
+ Rend Soul and Divine Assault will deal 50% less damage, but will heal for 50% more, will heal for the mitigated and absorbed value as well, and become undefendable

++Sigmar's Radiance and Transfer Essence heal for 250% of the damage both received and mitigated by the target rather than a base component and a damage component. This value will increase with the Grace of Sigmar and Empowered Transfer tactics. This is to ensure that detaunts and damage reductions affect the output of these skills equally when compared with Divine Assault and Rend Soul.

Prayer of Righteousness and Covenant of Celerity:
-When this ability becomes active or the instant it is no longer active you will lose all your current action points.

-You will lose 5 resource (Righteous Fury/ Soul Essence) per second to power this effect. This drain will now occur for 10 seconds after the last time Covenant of Celerity or Prayer of Righteousness amplified the damage of a Wrath or Torture skill. This does not occur when a DoT ticks, but it does occur when you proc the Covenant or Prayer through dealing direct damage.

+ Convert your Willpower bonus from items into Strength.

Prayer of Righteousness:
+ The damage inflicted by Path of Wrath skills increases based on your Righteous Fury level, to a maximum of 40%.
+ When you trigger your Prayer of Righteousness, it will increase your movement speed by 20% for 5 seconds. This will only affect you.

Covenant of Celerity:
+ The damage inflicted by Path of Torture skills increases based on your Soul Essence level, to a maximum of 25%.
It was fun, but it was really only effective in small scale where you had more time to react to what was going on.

Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#13 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:05 pm

Yeah not for that change, it takes what I love about the class and divides it up ....if I want to play pure dps I would play it. I like the combination of both and this change just makes you elite in a specific area, instead of a nice healthy balance that almost currently exist. Doks and WP are in a really good spot with the addon of the 15 point skill. Updating the sets is really all that needs to be done.

Zxul

Post#14 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:33 pm

Unstoppable1776 wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:05 pm Yeah not for that change, it takes what I love about the class and divides it up ....if I want to play pure dps I would play it. I like the combination of both and this change just makes you elite in a specific area, instead of a nice healthy balance that almost currently exist. Doks and WP are in a really good spot with the addon of the 15 point skill. Updating the sets is really all that needs to be done.
What he said pretty much.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

peterthepan3

Post#15 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:24 pm

DoK is fine, but WP dmg is still lacklustre against equally-skilled premades/in any environment outside of pug encounters.

A dok can function as a dps, but a WP really cannot.

catholicism198

Post#16 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:28 pm

As I said, those are the old changes.
We'll have to wait and see what the new iteration will be like, and if you don't like it- it won't be forced on you.

You also have to remember that these changes aren't to beef up DoK dps, but to make it so that the class can function as it was intended and not some hefty back-line caster.

Azarael

Post#17 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:39 pm

Yes. I have no interest whatsoever in hybrid specs. I view this game as favouring pures. That said, I stated explicitly that the only changes that will affect current specs are the ones to TE/S'R and the reintroduction of DS/CE.

While you are correct that hybrid DoK is fine, I have long taken issue with the fact that full heal DoK doesn't play like its intended design, and as a result is similar to KotBS/Chosen in how it has lost much interest because of the marginalization of what was meant to be a major portion of its design.

I reiterate that I will respect your spec, and I will also respect current heal DoK/WP as they are now, despite these opinions. This time around will be more about adding playstyles and specs rather than replacing them, and I see no reason to fear that; I don't care if someone wants to healbot a DoK as long as I and others can play full heal as the class was intended to work.

Uleleos1

Post#18 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:01 am

Well in my eyes is the Backlinke heal dok way to boring idk what others ppl think about it but i dont think that fits into the lore of the dok

Ads
Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#19 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:27 am

There is already fear to be had about the current playstyle. You guys are already trying to push it out or give less choices. take the fact that beastlord and ruin, and even redeye gear have mix match stats. This is setting it up so only people who use the new playstyle can enjoy, instead of just doing the less work and less involved just tweaking a class that is already good.

And hybrid specs are what make some classes unique. SH and SW are not even pure range dmg dealers anymore.

SH: have pounce, knock down, knock back, charge, and a 5 sec cooldown in melee spec

As far as Chosens and KOTBS I hope they don't change much either. They are a simple tank, and there needs to be a simple tank class for people that don't have hotkeys, 12 button mouse, game pad etc. If people want to play a more involved tank class there are options out there. but there should also be an option for a still effective tank but simpler for people to grasp...like the chosen and KOTBS. The harder and less friendly we make this game the less chance of new comers to join.

Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#20 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:29 am

peterthepan3 wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:24 pm DoK is fine, but WP dmg is still lacklustre against equally-skilled premades/in any environment outside of pug encounters.

A dok can function as a dps, but a WP really cannot.
because they are not pure mirrors nor should they be. a dps WP can out heal a dps dok any day. They can also perform almost insta rezes which is really nice. Guilty soul is also a really good tactic.