Recent Topics

Ads

Are WEs not useless anymore after patch?

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Alandrian

Are WEs not useless anymore after patch?

Post#1 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:58 am

I've wanted to roll a WE alt for a while but I kept reading here in the forums that they're gimped, not wanted in groups, and that you should roll a 'proper' mdps like a mara or WL instead.

I saw WEs got some substantial changes over the last few patches (as well as WL finally getting nerfed) so I wanted to know how they are in RvR now, are they worth playing?

Any advantages over marauder or are they still sub-par compared to to other mdps?

Ads
Miszczu5647

Re: Are WEs not useless anymore after patch?

Post#2 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:35 am

WE/WH rebuild is not finished yet. And won't be even after next patch.

My advice is to start slowly leveling and observe future patch notes.
Srul - Shaman
Sruula - Witch Elf
Jurwulf Srulson - Chosen

Dammy095

Post#3 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:38 am

Alandrian wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:58 am I've wanted to roll a WE alt for a while but I kept reading here in the forums that they're gimped, not wanted in groups, and that you should roll a 'proper' mdps like a mara or WL instead.

I saw WEs got some substantial changes over the last few patches (as well as WL finally getting nerfed) so I wanted to know how they are in RvR now, are they worth playing?

Any advantages over marauder or are they still sub-par compared to to other mdps?
at the moment they still unwanted in WBs and better roam solo, even after latest patches
but idk what upcoming changes will be

lefze
Suspended

Post#4 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:16 am

WEs have been viable for 6 mans for ages now. Requires an exceptional party, but so does any class to really shine.
Rip Phalanx

Gmaw

Post#5 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:51 am

Is hastened expurgence gonna be changed so we can use openers or atleast any other attack to break it and engage the enemy inztead of waiting for it to expire by itself?

Wdova

Post#6 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:50 am

WEs were far from useless since live. Theyr solo, duo or 6 man potential was there. They were dead weight in warband and mass fights. Dont know how recent changes buff theyr AOE, but I gues its fare better than it ever was on live.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

mogt

Post#7 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:53 am

nice to hear that the changes are not finish,iam very excited what come in the next patches

Lileldys

Post#8 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:43 pm

Mara is wanted because of its debuffs. It's damage isn't anything to rave about.

WE is the highest ST mdps on destro. Now that mid tree has 50% armour pen and buffed Envenomed blade, it makes heal debuff spec deadly.

WE AOE is lacking because of ICD on Kisses, where WH Dragongun procs on everyone it hit
IIRC, Trial by Pain used to proc bullets 3 times as well, but i haven't tested if its AOE since the changes.
I've seen CNTK use WH to cause havok on destro healers while their bomb melts frontline. Sadly can't do this on WE.

Ads
vianiznice

Post#9 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:31 pm

Playing WE, you don't need groups!