Recent Topics

Ads

[Sorc] How to bomb properly?

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Andr0s

[Sorc] How to bomb properly?

Post#1 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:12 am

Hey guys. Need some help figuring how to bomb properly in RvR.

Right now I don't feel like I make much of an impact (r40, rr46) with Beastlord-Annihilator mix for maximum Disrupt reduction.

So my rotation in rvr is to Attempt to cast Black Horror for the debuff and fail because the enemy moved out of range/out of sight. --> Extended Infernal wave --> Gloom of Night (or if enemy is within 65 feet Ice Spikes then GoN) --> Shadow Knives OR Pit of shades depending on the situation.

Thing is most of the time I'm dumping this into the frontline as I can't reach the backline without entering the frontline myself which usually ends up with me either punted into the enemy backline or blown up. Unless we are winning the fight and the order front is collapsing but then the battle is already won so what's the point :lol:

My INT is sitting at 1k after potions and my magic crit is 11% base, and if it makes any diference I play with 350ish ping :x

Anyone has any advice to improve? I feel my damage isn't the best even when I'm able to cast unmolested (if scenario ranking are anything to go by, it's pretty bad compared to other sorcs I've seen) at least I don't get many KBs which I do get in other DPS classes I play

Ads
Elendal

Re: [Sorc] How to bomb properly?

Post#2 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:22 am

i like to cast chill wind, then the AP dot spell (can't remember the name), then work of pain, arctic blast, gloom burst, and finally ruin of hand. should kill anything if you use the spirit magic debuff tactic and the increased damage from word of pain.

Zxul

Post#3 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:35 am

Pretty much what Elendal said for single target, except it should be Chillwind- WoP- VoT- AB- GB- ID- HoR, to fit max dmg into a single GCD.

Not sure about aoe spec for sorc, though I did heard it really works only in middle range from the opponents.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Ridduk

Post#4 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:28 am

op is asking for bomb rotation, not single target

Elendal

Post#5 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:43 am

ice spikes, single target until you get morale 2. then go ham with shattered limbs and the close quarters tactic equipped.

Sulorie

Post#6 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:49 am

When you want to bomb, get a tank for guard.
Dying is no option.

kweedko

Post#7 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:45 am

Get a van, prepare a bomb, ram in to the crowd, explode.

lefze
Suspended

Post#8 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:13 am

The most important thing is that your party in the warband is built well enough for you to be relatively safe in <30ft range. As almost every other bomber, this is you optimal range. Surging Pain is core in the rotation, and Disastrous Cascade is your bursty ability. Gloom of Night is currently not worth using unless you have nothing better to do. You should attempt to always get normal ability>Surging Pain>normal ability etc. Shadow Knives and Pit of Shades are pretty much only used for one tick to get the Dark Magic and cast Surging Pain.

Kinda badly explained, but I hope you get the picture. Most important part of the rotation is to not forget Surging Pain, if you don't bounce your mechanic between 80 and 100 constantly you are wasting GCDs.
Last edited by lefze on Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rip Phalanx

Ads
roadkillrobin

Post#9 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:00 am

Standard rotation is usually Ice Spikes - Gloom/Shattered Shadows if you run CQ tactic followed by Disatrous Cascade - Suging Pain - Infernal Wave.

If mobile with tactic for IF it's IS - DC (1 tick) - SP - IF repeat.

Aurandilaz

Post#10 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:12 am

Sorc bomb video from one year ago;

Click here to watch on YouTube

either with tactics like
Int - cd decrease on IW - possibly IW/SP extender - possibly Frozen Fury - most likely morale pump if you running organized wb - maybe Close Quarters if you feel like enemy allows you to cast 1.5s casts with ease (eventually stopped trying as no good enemy will let you freecast at their backline)

spec, AoE tree kinda maxed out, then either left tree for ID or midtree for fluffdmg IS boost and crap Gon (prefer ID for fast buildup and good finisher on low health enemy bombers)
max crit with renown, rest max Int for max dmg - you don't spec for defences, your tank and healer are your defence & situational awareness.

warm up in a fight by spamming IS all over the place, try to get everyone dotted. If enemy pretty damn slow, maybe throw in BH/GoN for fun, otherwise keep warming them with IW and IS. Once meleetrains clash, you move close enough to be able to cast DC and SP effectively, while possibly shooting out a Silence at enemy healer line if possible - SK has long CD, and takes long, so max 1-2 ticks out of it before you end up using another SP or launching another IW. Try pick low health targets, maybe shoot ID on them so they die for sure, get mechanic up for more SP uses.
If fight lasts over 50-60 sec, use the M4 for unbreakable morale root + 1800 aoe dmg, preferably coordinated with 3-5 other bomb sorcs.

M2, either FM if you feel like enemy somehow allows you get solid amount of SS out without too many interruptions, but if they clever enough they will not allow you to do such long casting, but make you waste 2-5 sec trying to get a single spell launched, meaning you could have used something like SP, IS, IW, DC already meanwhile to get actual dmg out. Otherwise WWS is actually pretty good morale in many fights - it's out fast, and assuming your party plays well enough, a -20% reduction in dmg may just turn the tables in your sides favour (stacking with Challenges ofc)

The most important thing is to have a tank with brains hugging you all the time so you don't die, and 2-8 healers throwing hots at all the Sorcs in the warband so they can keep doing dmg without dying.
Also, dps zealot for aoe corp debuff and BO for aoe corp debuff stack, effectively debuffing your enemies corp resis by +500, meaning all your corp dmg doing spells will be doing far more dmg due to lower enemy resis.