Recent Topics

Ads

Cool concept but total fail

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Xergon

Re: Cool concept but total fail

Post#11 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:03 pm

Unstoppable1776 wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:08 am 1. You can no longer mix into the other trees. If you want to play a chalice you can only do 1st tree, if DW second, and shield 3rd. With the requirements to have a DW or shield you just cut off 3/4 the mixing of specs. Now there is only 3 SET specis

2. People play a dps dok so they can dmg and heal. If a dok specs into the dmg tree he can no longer heal his teammates. The new ability heals for like 300 on a squishy target and 14 on a tank. how is that suppose to keep your group up. Again if I wanted to play a dps class, people would not be rolling a dok
So you saying that there is no pseudo hybrid DoK spec that is viable and outperforming ? Finally fixed, very good change.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Ads
adamthelc

Post#12 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:06 pm

There are 2 different problems someone could have with the changes. Either they dont like the idea at all, or they dont think it's being implemented effectively.

The most effective way to give feedback would be to make it very clear which one it is you are talking about. Muddling the two together just makes it sound like you are complaining about anything and everything. Complaining is going to be less effective than giving real feedback unless your purpose is just to vent.

Personally I like the idea, haven't had much of a chance to try it. However it would really surprise me if they made a change like this and it was perfect right away.

This is just my opinion, but I think if you have a problem with the current state you should be very clear about whether you dont like the defined roles in general or you dont think it's working like it should.

Skullgrin

Post#13 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:29 pm

To a certain extent I can see how some are disappointed with the changes, however before you quit/retire/delete your DoK/WP you might want to keep this quote from the patch notes in mind - specifically the part I highlighted.

Torquemadra wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:21 pm This is step one, nothing more, with a separation of effects role specific utility can now be brought in and re block, you know you can dip direct into raw rr block now right?

This is only the first of many changes (and hopefully improvements) - give it time, keep playing and keep giving quality feedback.
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#14 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:23 pm

Requested changes.

1. Remove DW/shield requirements. If people want to have block running a shield should be enough. The current system doesn't allow variety. Also if you want people to dps heal, shouldn't they have access to the reduce armor pen so they can dps heal more?

2. It seems you want consume essence to be the main torture heal so put it in the torture tree.

3. Add a default heal amount on it like it's counter part. The 10ft vs 100 ft should already be a set amount of difference between the two.

4. Bring back the snare ability. I recommend putting it in both the torture and sacrifice tree. I think the sacrifice should be more of apply to ally (since it's a support role) while the torture is only to self.

Luuca

Post#15 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:46 pm

I have not dual wielded in the new DoK set up, so Belladona will be much better at addressing the challenges in that build; however, I would like to point out that this is a first pass at this. 3 unique builds that can be tuned to perform individually. I think the most constructive thing we can do is look at the 3 builds individually and assess what each build needs to be more playable/sustainable and make rational suggestions on how we can tweak the abilities, healing, and damage to level off the class.

IMO it's too soon to label it a "total fail". If you understand the issues around the hybrid heals vs dps power struggle, you should be able to see the benefit of at least STARTING with a 3 build system and adjusting each one from there.

wachlarz

Post#16 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:37 pm

Any skill or tac for mele DoK for ap regen ?

roadkillrobin

Post#17 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:21 am

It's pretty easy to sort alot of things with the 3 weapon setups for DoK and WP.

Now you're able to implement and seperate tactics from being exploited in specs were they shouldn't be used. On block procs for Sacrifice boosts, melee crit boosts for Torture and heal crits boost procs for Dark Rites.

An example of this could be, "On block, your next direct or melee heal heals for 100% more".

This is imo also a better sollution then locking TE and SR to sheild wielding as those skills are really important for both Dark Rite and Torture builds. The old versions where cut out of the game for a reason.

Bozzax

Post#18 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:37 am

Ppl miss the point

Now dps doks/wp are just a ”poor mans” choppa/mrd/sl/wl.

Before change it was a fun to play unique class with lots of odd builds for roam, small scale and even wb (bl heal).

E: melee heals fails per design when kiting, being kited, when outnumbered or sieging. Low wounds means you are fckd by morale drops. So it is a fail concept in RvR.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#19 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:43 pm

What a great topic. Keep it in your pants for a while boys. We're having fun without you.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog