Recent Topics

Ads

[Sorc] Worth playing

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
mdillard

[Sorc] Worth playing

Post#1 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:43 pm

I see a lot of people on here (including myself at one point) questioning their decision to roll a sorc.
All I have to say is, if you like the class, press on.
I had to ask a lot of questions, and get a lot of advice.
I had to tweak things and set a goal of 1000+ intelligence, I had to learn to take advice about rotations.
I had to learn that sorcs die...a lot...and there is good reason for that, that should make you proud.
I have 3 pieces of merc alongside my devastator, the last two pieces of devastator will be annihilator soon enough.
At the beginning I thought I hit like a wet noodle, now I have the satisfaction of seeing people disappear in a purple poof.
Don't attack tanks, even if you can't get in range of the back line.
It accomplishes nothing and demoralizes your team, although it is hard to avoid sometimes.
Correct yourself if you find yourself doing it.
Go for non tanks, pressure healers and dps.
It's a great feeling to see people LOSing you because you are causing them pain.
Thanks again ROR community, and like I said, I am no super sorc by any means.
But press on, it's worth it.
Agave - Rank 40 Witch Elf, Tequila lover.

Ads
Nidwin

Re: [Sorc] Worth playing

Post#2 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:12 am

Told you to hang on a bit more on your Sorc. :P

It's a fun class to play, even if there shouldn't be any male sorc's around.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

kkprfx

Post#3 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:49 am

Dying a lot is not a reason to be proud of.
Gabber

mdillard

Post#4 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:50 am

Nidwin wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:12 am Told you to hang on a bit more on your Sorc. :P

Wait, I'm not melee?

Thanks for the advice Nidwin

mdillard

Post#5 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:51 am

mdillard wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:50 am
Nidwin wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:12 am Told you to hang on a bit more on your Sorc. :P

Wait, I'm not melee?

Thanks for the advice Nidwin
Oh...hehe...Male.

mdillard

Post#6 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:52 am

kkprfx wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:49 am Dying a lot is not a reason to be proud of.
*Swooosh*

Did you feel the point ruffle your hair as it flew over your head?

GoshDarn
Banned

Post#7 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:30 am

Yea the only thing that sucks is that we have been assured no change to Sorc has been done, yet somehow my Vanq has my abilities hitting less than my Conq did, but to be fair I noticed it after a patch that happened late night one night.

Just keep an eye out, the class is very fun but I stopped playing it because I thought someone stealth nerfed the class. My Vanq somehow hits for less damage than the Conq I had before said late night patch. My point is, if you like the Sorc great, but someone does not, so screenshot your ability values, debuff values all that. If you ever find something out of line, report it because unfortunately I did NOT have the screenshots of the stats I did not expect to unexpectedly change, learn from my mistakes.
-Bepbepimajep-81-Sorc

TwoBlades

Post#8 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:12 pm

I only bring out my Sorc for the new forts... or solo rvr when I'm completely bored. Plus, I don't see a reason to ST as a Sorc, I do 750 backlash dmg on tick to myself.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#9 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:34 pm

TwoBlades wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:12 pm I only bring out my Sorc for the new forts... or solo rvr when I'm completely bored. Plus, I don't see a reason to ST as a Sorc, I do 750 backlash dmg on tick to myself.
Ask your healer to throw a hot on you.
Dying is no option.

TwoBlades

Post#10 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:55 pm

Sulorie wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:34 pm
TwoBlades wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:12 pm I only bring out my Sorc for the new forts... or solo rvr when I'm completely bored. Plus, I don't see a reason to ST as a Sorc, I do 750 backlash dmg on tick to myself.
Ask your healer to throw a hot on you.
That's my point. You need healing and not take outside dmg in the mean time. Plus, your spells can be disrupted, blocked, ect... So, you do dmg to yourself but not the enemy. Not worth playing, unless AoE. MHO, take it as you like.