Recent Topics

Ads

[Sorc] Best gear combo?

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
merfp27

[Sorc] Best gear combo?

Post#1 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:00 am

Hey folks,

I’m having trouble deciding on how to gear my sorc.
Currently I’m in Conq/Merc and the other night I got my first piece of Vanquisher from a gold bag. I went to put it on and noticed I’m losing 2% strikerthru by replacing the Conq helm, while getting little in return.
So that got me looking at all the sets and their respective stats and bonuses and now I’m kinda lost.

Full Vanquisher has great stats and bonuses, but only one piece has strikethru. Same goes for Onslaught.

Overlord will take me forever to get, but both pieces have strikethru and the bonus is decent. However, by wearing Overlord, you lose out on Beastlords 5 piece strikethru bonus...

So I guess in the end my questions are, is disrupt strikethru as important as I’m making it out to be and if it is how to best maximize it? And if it isn’t, is it just best to pick a set with a 5 piece bonus that you feel works best?

Ads
Rydiak

Re: [Sorc] Best gear combo?

Post#2 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:44 am

Strikethrough is only as good as the avoidance of the target, as you can't hit more often than 100%. However, with how useful Deft Defender is in the Renown tree, you absolutely benefit from an amount of strikethrough.

I made a damage calculator (link in my signature) that can help you compare stats to min-max a bit. Check it out!
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Karryg

Post#3 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:44 pm

I don't bother on stacking strikethrough, but approaching/reaching intel' softcap (with pots) to reduce the "natural" disrupt of enemies.

In order to have proper dps you need high crit rate. And to maximise your crit rate you have to be in full conq/vanq with the 5% bonus.

With same rr spec full vanquisher is better than full conqueror (high dmg/crit dmg and better dmg average).

You will gain intel and hp with vanq but you'll loose init+toughness. I personally run with full vanq and nearly 1% chance to be crit.

In the end i don't see a wall of disrupt except hold the line men.
Karrygzz-BW Karryg-Chosen Karrygz-Sorc

merfp27

Post#4 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:39 pm

Thanks for the replies. I appreciate the advice guys.

Karryg

Post#5 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:56 pm

Most of the best sorc/bw are running full conqueror or full vanquisher atm.

If you're below 1k intel and 45rr use a mix of set to get 1k-1k05 intel, and then once you get enough rr to be cap =>full conqu/vanq
Karrygzz-BW Karryg-Chosen Karrygz-Sorc

Fey

Post#6 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:23 pm

Gogokaboom does stack disrupt strike through, and he blows crap up left and right. Beastlord, Genesis, and conq to fill. I think he says he has 13% strike through. I'm no expert but Gogo is.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Aurandilaz

Post#7 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:33 pm

I'm just running 4 Onslaught 2 Conq, 5 Genesis, Subju staff.
Could probably buy 2 Vanq now and run Vanq boots + Belt but too lazy, rather wait to get few more gold bags and then buy, but would also need to buy new talis, so difference between 2 Conq to 2 Vanq isn't huge. "Upgrade" between 6 Conq and 6 Vanq is also is barely an upgrade, you could run either, difference would be abysmal.
Before getting my Conq, used to run 2 Ruin 2 Merc 2 Anni for combined Int bonuses as lowbie, and random Int maximizing jewelry. But Genesis with crit is too nice to be skipped IMO.
Basically you want any kind of set combination that gives
a) good crit (+60 is nice, +70 is better)
b) good Int (900 is nice, 1000 better, softcap at 1050 is most likely overkill for 9/10 situations)

of secondary importance;
-disrupt strikethrough (you should only have issues against WP stacking healers or defensive SnB tanks anyway)
-wounds/armor/initiative so you might live 2-5 sec longer if pressured, but having a good Guardbot and Healbot makes these something you can probably ignore unless you are pugging.

You can ignore sets like Redeye or Sentinel or Oppressor, they don't really help you at being a Sorc (you are a frigging glasscannon - go and kill people instead of trying to run weird random gear sets and specs) - stick with Onslaught, Conqueror and Vanquisher. Use some Ruin, Mercenary and Annihilator (or even Beastlord, though IMO its bit odd set) pieces to get Int before you get better endgame sets.

Nidwin

Post#8 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:42 am

I'm happy with my full RF set, but that's just me of course.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Ads